ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Vanderbilt game, 6:30PM, Monday, November 15, 2021

Should be a good game. Despite it being Vanderbilt, they are SEC... a win will still count as an SEC win regardless!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Projected Starters:

Middle Tennessee
C Anastasiia Boldyreva -- 6'6" -- Fr., Moscow -- 6.0 PPG, 4.5 RPG
G Jalynn Gregory -- 5'8" -- Fr., Lafayette, TN -- 7.0 PPG, 5.5 RPG
G Dor Saar -- 5'6" -- Sr., Ma'Anit, Israel -- 18.0 PPG; 3.0 RPG
G Alexis Whittington -- 5'11" -- R-Jr., Murfreesboro, TN -- 6.5 PPG, 8.5 RPG
F Courtney Whitson -- 6'0" -- R-So., Kingsport, TN -- 16.0 PPG, 4.5 RPG

looks like the refs rode down on the vandy bus.

Absolutely criminal officiating.

MT leads at half

Last edited:
Great summary of the refereeing happened just now. Vandy player shoved Gregory to the floor and GREGORY WAS CALLED FOR THE FOUL. You can’t make this garbage up. Horrible officiating. At least we’re up 9.

Also can we please learn to pass the ball to the post? Literally one pass would open the offense so much. They just stare at the post. It’s been that way for years. Infuriating!

What a defensive battle. If we hadn’t bricked on so many open shots we could’ve won by 20-30. Gotta start hitting those. Vandy didn’t have nearly as many open looks and when they did they made them. Do the same!

No wonder refs were wearing masks...they robbed us many times. But the stiff arm where they called a foul on MT was atrocious and the crowd let them know it. This team can be good, but they do need to cut down on stupid turnovers and, as mentioned, at least attempt to feed the post once or twice.

Just wondering, why was this the first game Malashka played in? If she had not gotten early fouls no telling how many she might have scored.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
No wonder refs were wearing masks...they robbed us many times. But the stiff arm where they called a foul on MT was atrocious and the crowd let them know it. This team can be good, but they do need to cut down on stupid turnovers and, as mentioned, at least attempt to feed the post once or twice.

Just wondering, why was this the first game Malashka played in? If she had not gotten early fouls no telling how many she might have scored.
She twisted her ankle in practice before the East Carolina game. So she was finally ready to be back in-game against Vandy. And yes, they need to cut back on the bad TOs. But they’re good already with 8 freshmen/newcomers.

I do think Vandy is going to be a much better program with Ralph as coach. She has tutored under Geno and it shows in their aggressiveness and fight.

I do think Vandy is going to be a much better program with Ralph as coach. She has tutored under Geno and it shows in their aggressiveness and fight.
I agree. They looked super athletic and had a great game plan.

This team has as much upside potential over the next couple of years than at anytime in the programs history. These ladies will only get better!
Agreed. Very exciting time to be a Lady Raider fan. A deep and talented bench is something we've needed for a while. Coach Insell said it perfectly in the postgame show last night - every one of the players on that bench or court is going to make a play sometime this year to win us a game.

I think Rick is fighting the inclination to only get comfortable playing a minimum amount of players. He didn't play Skye Payne or Amanda Whittington, but mentioned in the post game show that he was trying to get more comfortable playing players that haven't proven everything to him in practice. Skye Payne will be a great talent in the near future either here or somewhere else. She has a lot of skills. I think she just needs to tighten up on team defense. Amanda worked very hard over the summer for her last season.

I think Rick is fighting the inclination to only get comfortable playing a minimum amount of players. He didn't play Skye Payne or Amanda Whittington, but mentioned in the post game show that he was trying to get more comfortable playing players that haven't proven everything to him in practice. Skye Payne will be a great talent in the near future either here or somewhere else. She has a lot of skills. I think she just needs to tighten up on team defense. Amanda worked very hard over the summer for her last season.
He did mention that the Vandy game was so chaotic he tried to keep lineups as set as possible (and it worked). I definitely expect to see Skye get more playing time very soon. She’s definitely got the skills for that!

Vandy loses at the buzzer by 2 to Arizona. Either way, we looked better than Arizona. So should we be #8??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT