ADVERTISEMENT

Update on construction....

Ok. Time to put in a change order. 🤣
Ours is 61x35 2,160sqft. Theirs is 90x36 3,240sqft. Granted, we are lmited by the current space as we are using the same footings/supports and they are fully new construction. But that is a nice addition there in Ruston for sure. Glad to see other CUSA schools upgrading things.

Ours is 61x35 2,160sqft. Theirs is 90x36 3,240sqft. Granted, we are lmited by the current space as we are using the same footings/supports and they are fully new construction. But that is a nice addition there in Ruston for sure. Glad to see other CUSA schools upgrading things.

That is a huge board. I am just glad we’re getting a new one. It will be a major upgrade. I would like to see them do another board over the SAPC. I doubt that will happen but one can dream lol.

Anyone that donated to BuildBlue and got the invite going to the topping out ceremony for the SAPC?

Anyone that donated to BuildBlue and got the invite going to the topping out ceremony for the SAPC?
Short answer is no. As far as I can tell, it’s a one-off, thus not worth a 7-hour round trip on our part.
Maybe if it had been tied into multiple sports events around the same time, might have been worth the drive and effort.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Short answer is no. As far as I can tell, it’s a one-off, thus not worth a 7-hour round trip on our part.
Maybe if it had been tied into multiple sports events around the same time, might have been worth the drive and effort.
That's kinda where I'm leaning. I'd love to sign the beam. Would be awesome to visit when completed and know my name was there, but I'm almost 7hrs one-way.

They better put up a plaque in the main entry with the donor names though. 🤣

Maybe im looking at this incorrectly but is this the same size as our current one?

My understanding is the overall frame is the same as our current one simply due to the limits of the existing foundation. It's just that now it is all screen instead of the build out for sponsors, score, downs, etc.
Yes, it will be the same size as the current board. The difference is it will be all screen now. Similar to what they did with the screens in the Murphy Center.

I went today, a lot of the same information. McPhee surprisingly did not speak (Steve, Chip and Chris did). Chris did mention Larry Maples is fully focused on phase two and hinted that those would be starting soon. I would expect shortly after phase one is done.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I went today, a lot of the same information. McPhee surprisingly did not speak (Steve, Chip and Chris did). Chris did mention Larry Maples is fully focused on phase two and hinted that those would be starting soon. I would expect shortly after phase one is done.
There's a RFP on the MTSU website for the hotel. Didn't immediately see anything related to Phase 2 (Murphy Center specifically).

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Granted it's the goats, but I have to admit this looks good, even with the blob.

I hope that is on the list for us (after the IPF please).

I still say remove the endzone bleacher and build a true beer garden there on top. Put the visiting team on the bottom, but leave the tunnel where it is and build an enclosed tunnel from current to new visiting locker room.
I've been saying that for years. Put in tiered decking so you can still enjoy it in rain/cold games. Add TVs and make it like an outdoor sports bar environment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT