ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Underdog Dynasty's countdown to CUSA's best job

They have Rice at 14, Charlotte at 13 so far...

I am expecting Middle Tennessee anywhere from 5 to 8...

Wow this guy is biased. Basically he is saying location is everything. I actually love our location being right outside the outskirts of the coolest city in the US. Also, our fan base is not bad at all compared to other CUSA schools. He also mentioned our coach refusing a bump in pay to help the program. He has made a very unfounded opinion about the financial health of our athletic department. From what I have gathered our budget is pretty damn strong compared to the conference.

Was reading the WKU review, so teams like WKU still don't have the respects of the Marshall's and La Tech's?

Haven't they paid their coach $1M a year and won the CUSA and achieved a top 25 ranking?

Cleary, having a campus on the beach automatically makes your job the best in the conference...

There's no way I see 12th.

We're far more stable than teams like UAB. UTEP - WTF. WKU is the same as us with worse recruiting grounds.

Far too much is given to recruiting territory. We (and others in CUSA) aren't going to be fishing in the 4 and 5 star waters - no matter how close to campus they are. At this level, it's about finding and developing the 2 and 3 star guys, who are pretty much everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT