ADVERTISEMENT

UDFA Signings

Reed can probably crack a roster. Thomas was a great player for us but I don’t know if he is an NFL guy.

Probably the 2 worse teams to sign with after the draft they had. Both had excellent drafts

Just going to throw out five separate D2 schools had a player drafted. Zero from MTSU.

That being said SHSU and Liberty both had one drafted.

Shouldn’t have been a 1st eounder
Scouts were very high on him and considered him a "2nd round talent level." They only graded about 15 players as having "1st round talent" so it's not that crazy that he was taken in a slot where on 2nd round talent was available.

Scouts were very high on him and considered him a "2nd round talent level." They only graded about 15 players as having "1st round talent" so it's not that crazy that he was taken in a slot where on 2nd round talent was available.
NFL scouts don’t know what they are talking about. The only people you need to listen to are on this board.

still SEC players and he wasn't playing out of position, he was at guard and not center
Let’s not act like Kentucky is this amazing SEC power. Sure they won 10 games last year but look at who they played. It wasn’t exactly murderers row.

OOC Schedule:

ULM
Chattanooga
NMSU
Louisville

Let’s not act like Kentucky is this amazing SEC power. Sure they won 10 games last year but look at who they played. It wasn’t exactly murderers row.

OOC Schedule:

ULM
Chattanooga
NMSU
Louisville
Along with TN, FL, UGA, USC, MIZzou, LSU, MSU, and a good IOWA team in the bowl game. Instead of trying to discount what someone accomplished, we should be trying to figure how to help the program get these kids. More concerning why no one was drafted from MT? The kid was a solid 2nd round pick, he was one of three high rated interior guys this year. NE saw they had a need and took him late round.

Reed can probably crack a roster. Thomas was a great player for us but I don’t know if he is an NFL guy.
from an article earlier this week:

Gannon made sure to note that Blankenship, a little-known signing from Middle Tennessee State, is now in the equation, along with the veteran commodities like Scott, Wallace, and Andre Chachere.

"He's very smart, he's instinctive, and has a unique skill set," said Gannon when discussing the UDFA. "When I say unique skill set, he's not a post safety or a box safety. He can do it all. He tackles and he processes fast, and he just needs some reps and time on task."

Gannon did admit it's a work in progress with Blankenship but the rookie's upside could win him a job.

"There are certain things, as a rookie, he hasn’t seen like some of the older vets have seen," he said. "I really like though that he's a guy that when he makes a mistake, he's not a repeat offender. From that, you know he's going to continue to keep progressing.

"I'm excited about Reed."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT