All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
- Zaylin Wood; Vanderbilt

- Justin Olson Charlotte

- Keylan Rutledge Georgia Tech

- Jakobe Thomas Tennessee

Last edited:
i wasn’t that high on Thomas. I think Tra will be a much bigger loss.

Unless you are an absolute superstar in the CUSA, with a near guaranteed starting job elsewhere, then you have to consider staying. Keep your starting job, dominate and get a chance at playing professionally. Buried on a depth chart at a Power 5 only playing occasionally would for sure end your career aspirations.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
Unless you are an absolute superstar in the CUSA, with a near guaranteed starting job elsewhere, then you have to consider staying. Keep your starting job, dominate and get a chance at playing professionally. Buried on a depth chart at a Power 5 only playing occasionally would for sure end your career aspirations.

People keep saying this year after year. And we see these players transfer and sit on the bench.

Yet they're still transferring and getting into the portal at ever increasing rates......

They don't care what some old message board guys think. They all believe they are the best, can start anywhere, and going to the NFL.

We had Nolan go to Oregon St. and start there for a while. Riley has had a great career at Louisville and Lane has been solid for VT. I haven't seen a MT player transfer do well in the SEC yet. Wood will play at Vandy definitey but he's going there to get his masters and Vandy is one of the best places he could have gone to do that so I don't blame him at all. Congrats to that young man.

I think that's another reason to use the portal. Go get your degree from a school that has a prestigious program you are interested in. That still matters somewhat. It would have mmeant more 10 years ago than it does now. But it does still matter.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
...I think that's another reason to use the portal. Go get your degree from a school that has a prestigious program you are interested in. That still matters somewhat. It would have mmeant more 10 years ago than it does now. But it does still matter.
Yup. I don't fault students for this or grad transfers at all.

It's crazy because the bulk of us aren't 100% against the portal. There absolutely is a need for it. Grads, majors, family needs, and I'm not fully against it for coaching changes either.

There just is so much these guys aren't seeing. Bad NIL deals or promises not kept etc. Not to mention some transfer just because they refuse to ride the bench for a few years to learn and grow. Grass isn't always greener.

I thought Curtis was in the portal. This makes it sound like he is maybe coming back?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT