ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Transfer commitment

Not impressive stats other than size. 6' 10" 285. This is a really big man. 3 star player who averaged 7 ppg in high school, & less than 2 ppg in 3 years at Iowa. Somewhat surprised, a little disappointed. Wanted a transfer portal shooting guard or point guard with some nice stats. Still have 1 available spot to bring in another shooter.
Anyway, don't know what our record will be next year, but we should totally dominate our opponents on the boards!

Reactions: ewglenn
Not impressive stats other than size. 6' 10" 285. This is a really big man. 3 star player who averaged 7 ppg in high school, & less than 2 ppg in 3 years at Iowa. Somewhat surprised, a little disappointed. Wanted a transfer portal shooting guard or point guard with some nice stats. Still have 1 available spot to bring in another shooter.
Anyway, don't know what our record will be next year, but we should totally dominate our opponents on the boards!
Coleman-Jones had similar stats at Northwestern and he has proved to be a good addition. Definitely won’t be lacking in the size department next season.

Coleman-Jones had similar stats at Northwestern and he has proved to be a good addition. Definitely won’t be lacking in the size department next season.
Don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, & that he comes in strongly motivated this summer. Hopefully the young man will see this as a last chance to make a great statement on what's been a less than impressive career thus far. Wish him best of luck on taking advantage of this opportunity.

IIRC, Jacorey Williams didn't have impressive stats at his previous school. Not saying they are comparable, but I'll wait and see.

Also Nick King didn't light things up at either of his two previous schools and ended up having an All-American season as a Blue Raider.

Reactions: tyler90wm
Don't underestimate the value in practicing everyday against a big body in the paint.. you can't replicate that type of game condition without guys like Ogundele.. especially as it correlates to development for the BIGs and guards.. obviously we all want more than just a practice player/body- I'm just pointing out there is value alone right there... like any recruit always depends on how hard they're willing to work and take feedback to get better from the coaching staff like Elias has done.. personally I'd like to see how mobile he is before weighing in on how he'll fit in but my guess is the staff wouldn't bring him in just to struggle with pace of play... nicknamed Big Jelly in a couple Iowa message boards so conditioning will be a key factor for success going forward

Don't underestimate the value in practicing everyday against a big body in the paint.. you can't replicate that type of game condition without guys like Ogundele.. especially as it correlates to development for the BIGs and guards.. obviously we all want more than just a practice player/body- I'm just pointing out there is value alone right there... like any recruit always depends on how hard they're willing to work and take feedback to get better from the coaching staff like Elias has done.. personally I'd like to see how mobile he is before weighing in on how he'll fit in but my guess is the staff wouldn't bring him in just to struggle with pace of play... nicknamed Big Jelly in a couple Iowa message boards so conditioning will be a key factor for success going forward
You know, after Nick is gone I hope you stick around as a Blue Raider fan. It’s nice having your perspective.

Ogundele is listed on our roster at 6’11, 300 lbs. There seems to be no consensus for his height, I’ve seen 6’10”, 6’11” and even 7’0” on the internet today. Either way, I am happy with the size we have going into next season.

With what we have coming back plus our new addition I think we can be the team to beat in cusa next year! It certainly helps that the 3 teams that finished ahead of us this year are gone.

With what we have coming back plus our new addition I think we can be the team to beat in cusa next year! It certainly helps that the 3 teams that finished ahead of us this year are gone.
It helps but what is coming in is extremely respectable in basketball. NMSU mess from last year not withstanding,

Liberty 26-9
SHSU 26-8 (who lost their coach to NMSU)
And KSU even was 26-9

Still no reason for us not to be at the top, but basketball wise we honestly didn't lose much. Our conference avg NET ranking won't change much at all.

It helps but what is coming in is extremely respectable in basketball. NMSU mess from last year not withstanding,

Liberty 26-9
SHSU 26-8 (who lost their coach to NMSU)
And KSU even was 26-9

Still no reason for us not to be at the top, but basketball wise we honestly didn't lose much. Our conference avg NET ranking won't change much at all.
Liberty loses the best player they’ve ever had. SHSU and KSU are breaking in new coaches and will be completely different rosters. NMSU will be back but I think middle of the pack is expected from them. They are all good programs (KSU has some proving to do) and had a heck of a season but we should be the team to beat.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Liberty loses the best player they’ve ever had. SHSU and KSU are breaking in new coaches and will be completely different rosters. NMSU will be back but I think middle of the pack is expected from them. They are all good programs (KSU has some proving to do) and had a heck of a season but we should be the team to beat.
Darius McGhee was a great player for Liberty but a lot of their fan base would still pick a 2-time NCAA shot block leader and NBA player that graduated in the late 90's by the name of Peter Aluma.. Liberty had a nice market on Nigerian recruiting for a little while with their mission trip recruitments during that time.. McKay is a good coach- they'll reload soon enough..

Darius McGhee was a great player for Liberty but a lot of their fan base would still pick a 2-time NCAA shot block leader and NBA player that graduated in the late 90's by the name of Peter Aluma.. Liberty had a nice market on Nigerian recruiting for a little while with their mission trip recruitments during that time.. McKay is a good coach- they'll reload soon enough..
I am a Liberty alumni and was a season ticket holder for awhile. Darius is far and away the greatest while at the school. Peter had a great NBA career but was not as great while at Liberty (still great though).

Peter Aluma
1,715 points (7th)
682 rebounds (8th)
366 blocks (1st)

Darius McGhee
2,685 points (1st)
528 three points made (1st)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT