ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL To beat WKU

TrueBlue147

All Conference
Mar 19, 2008
We have to hit our three pointers. If we don't. We lose. It's going to be hard to score points inside with their 7'-5" center unless we can draw him out away from the basket. He is not as much of an offensive threat other than put backs and an occasional ally oop. Bottom line if we are not shooting well from the outside its gonna be tough to steal one in Bowling Green.

The line is 5, so it's definitely a winnable game.

ESPN predictor gives us 32% chance

WKU is coming off 4 straight losses in conference, including a recent 3 point loss at home to UAB. I feel like we will get their best shot.

I just don't see us winning this game, or covering the 5 points. I think we lose by double digits.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
We have to hit our three pointers. If we don't. We lose. It's going to be hard to score points inside with their 7'-5" center unless we can draw him out away from the basket. He is not as much of an offensive threat other than put backs and an occasional ally oop. Bottom line if we are not shooting well from the outside its gonna be tough to steal one in Bowling Green.
Perimeter shooting will be key to winning.. but this MT team has guys that can still score inside- they dunked on the #3 shot blocker in the nation 4 times last game.. that’ll be the right mentality as you always go through a shot blocker.. if they get cute, play soft and try fadeaways inside he’ll make a difference.. go strong to the hole like they’ve been doing and he won’t impact the game as much

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Perimeter shooting will be key to winning..

And that’s why I think we lose. This team just hasn’t shot well on the road. Perimeter wise we have not shot good anywhere. So tonight will have to be an outlier for us.

WKU is a tough place to play too. Kermit even had difficulty winning there until we really became a CUSA juggernaut towards the end of his tenure.

And that’s why I think we lose. This team just hasn’t shot well on the road. Perimeter wise we have not shot good anywhere. So tonight will have to be an outlier for us.

WKU is a tough place to play too. Kermit even had difficulty winning there until we really became a CUSA juggernaut towards the end of his tenure.
CKD went 7-9 vs WKU on the road overall.. started off 1-8 and went 6-1 since the 2009 season.
Overall CKD was 17-15 vs WKU; 13-2 since 2009; 4-13 before that time. So the relatively recent series history has seen long stretches of dominance by both teams...
CNM is winless 0-4 at this point.

sWiley you can't say they haven't shot good anywhere just because this team doesn't light it up every road game- they have had some good shooting games.. team shot 45% at UT Martin (9 of 20)- that's the sweet spot in terms of percentages and attempts in my opinion, 37% at Murray State (13 for 35- settled for too many 3s IMO), last game at Marshall they were 35% (7 of 20).. doesn't have to be a Herculean effort- just good shots and a decent percentage (~40%).. can't have an 11.1% (3 for 27) Ole Miss type game that's for sure and expect to win..

Regardless of history- I'm looking for more and more growth from this MT team, especially in a hostile environment.. MT has some young, confident guys and will be interesting to see how composed they react early.. would like to see MT set the tone defensively and let the offense flow through that versus the alternative.. MT is much better when they're turning teams over and feeding off of the defense. Go Raiders!

Solid start.. Sims set the tone early.. really good shot selection and the defense has forced some TO’s.. MT a little sloppy early with some unforced TOs but loving the all around team play..

I think you motivated the shooters.
Heckuva first half!

Go Blue!

We hit our thee pointers and we won. I didn't think we would have to hit that many though. They shot way more free-throws than us and that is what kept it close.

We hit our thee pointers and we won. I didn't think we would have to hit that many though. They shot way more free-throws than us and that is what kept it close.
WKU shot more FTs but didn’t make a high enough % to make a difference.. the TOs and extra FG attempts is what kept it close..

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT