ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the game

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Not particularly mad at Stockstill. I feel like he did everything right to help us win here. I agreed with all of his decisions in terms of when to kick FG or go for it. Obviously, that 4th and 2 that we didn't get and could have gotten a FG would have been huge, but hindsight is 20/20.

Going into the game I really did feel like we would lose. UAB has 38 seniors on their roster, yes, 38 seniors (Thirty eight seniors) so they're going to be experienced, fully developed, and a solid team. I'm not over the moon with regards to Bill Clark because UAB had some great advantages in recruiting, but he's solid enough to not screw things up. UAB and Bill Clark will come back down to earth next year and will be lucky to win 6 games.

This game came down to execution. Plain & simple. Like most games, there's a handful of plays where you can say "what-if" and we win if they go our way. The Ty Lee INT and Dobson barely getting tripped up to prevent a game-sealing TD comes to mind right away.

At the end of the day it's on the players to execute, and they didn't make enough plays. Simple as that. I feel like our coaches put them in a good enough position to go out there and win, minus one particular coach, which I'm getting to.

The 12 men on the field penalty was the most epic blunder I have ever seen in the history of watching sports. To say that it is unacceptable is doing the word a disservice. I literally cannot put into words how infuriating and absolutely UNACCEPTABLE that is. There's 1 minute left in the championship game, we are coming out of a time-out, we are about to give Brent the ball back with 1 minute left only needing a FG....Did I mention we are playing for our first ever conference championship?

I'm honestly ok with Stock sticking around if he wants to, I like the recruits we have committed thus far and last years class is better than people realize. I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I think a new coach would breath a bunch of needed life into this program. I'm indifferent to if he stays or goes.

We will suck next year but we'll be back in 2020 if we can keep Shafer. The only thing I ask is, you have to, absolutely HAVE TO, fire the person responsible for that 12 men on the field blunder. It's just unacceptable. It is the pinnacle of incompetence. It cannot be overlooked.

Last edited:
I normally detest your posts because you can be an insufferable pessimist. But this is spot on. CRS did everything right this time, players just didn't execute. Whoever was in charge of the PR team coming on the field and did not catch 12 on the field deserves to be fired tomorrow. End of story.

Do not disagree with the assessment. Field goals early hurt and the shoe string tackle on Dobson in the 4th was big. Brent will be missed and will go down as one of the best to ever play here. Hate we spoiled a big chance at a title at home.

Question, when do we hold someone accountable for fundraising and tickets? This has gone on way too long and no reason for poor performance. Does this city not understand what MTSU does for Rutherford Co? Who is looking for more funding? How does UAB shut their program down only to start back up with tons of backing? I just don’t get it.

One last thought. Why does our stadium always look so poor? Rust everywhere and feels like it needs a total overhaul. Also how do we run out of papertowels and missing trash cans in the bathrooms? Just another example of how things seem to be mismanaged or overlooked.

With regards to UAB, Birmingham supports the daylights out of UAB. They have multiple BIG money donors. They had over $40 million pledged when UAB brought football program back. I don't think we've had $40 million pledged since we went 1-A LOL. Not even a quarter of that actually.

They have professional schools that bring a lot of prestige, and I don't believe there's a single professional sports team in Alabama (beyond the Crimson Tide of course) to compete with them.

And no, I said it in another thread. It's not happening in Murfreesboro. I truly don't believe there's anything that can be done. MTSU is a commuter school and Rutherford County/ Murfreesboro is a transplant city full of SEC fans. Simple as that and it'll never change unless we join the SEC.

Nobody in that town/region gives a damn about MTSU athletics. MTSU is nothing more than a conveniently located university for commuters where they can get an affordable degree.

We need new people at the top desperately! What other programs in the country have suffered with the same mediocre/below average President, AD, and football coach as long as we have? Masarro needs to be fired this season in my opinion. Attendance is way down, facilities are garbage, and there is no fundraising whatsoever.

The players executed what was called. It was the playcalls I had an issue with. I'm over Franklin. We lined up RB's at WR when Dobson and Marshall was on the bench. The only play we used Dobson on was those sweeps which were effective but not to fake that sweep and have Dobson go wide was a mistake. He was the fastest guy in the stadium. Not to use him more in a wider range of plays was a blunder.

The drive where we had the lead on the 3rd and 2 and we drop back Brent with no one picking up the blitz was a dumb playcall. Running a trips set with no post route was stupid. Using Thomas as a receiver in a wide set was stupid when you had Marshall, who has a distinct height advantage. There were so many mistakes on a play calling level that I felt frustrated about 90% of the game. This game was on Franklin and Stock.

I want to stress this as much as I can. WE HAVE PLENTY OF TALENT. They are simply not being utilized. When we have the fastest dude in the stadium and he's not in crucial plays being put in vertical situations where he has a major speed advantage is ridiculous.

Now, that's not to say that we haven't had a good season given the issues we've had but today's game was a lack of planning on Franklin's and Stockstill's part. UAB could not stop certain aspects of our offense and instead of keying in on that, we ran away from it. I could go on but I think I've made my points.

You have to solve the problem of us being a commuter school first and there are ways to do that, but the bozos we have in charge cant figure it out or don't care. There are several things they could do, but I dont feel like waisting my time writing it down here.

This game hurts like Eastern Illinois (32-35--OVC Championship, Boots 1998) and Troy 2006 game (20-21) for the Sun Belt Title. So close, but yet miles away from what's needed with a trophy in the case. A play here or there makes all the difference. The 12th man blunder was epic, but so was not covering an on-sides kick with 1:25 left with EIU. It happens. Going to one knee would have given us the crown, as EIU only had 1 time out left and just had been down by 11 with a minute and a half showing on the clock. Back to today, UAB played chess, while we played checkers and "made the wrong jump". That's how championships are won--execution of the tactical game plan.

More disturbing is anemic Murfreesboro's support for MT athletics. Today's in person appearance was atrocious. Blackman, Oakland, or Riverdale would have filled the stands more in a TSSAA playoff game, I believe. Some say weather, but it turned out nice for December. But one sees indifference whenever one drives down Broad Street (US 41), Old Fort (State 96), Memorial or South Church (US 231)--businesses do not place "Go Blue Raiders" or much of anything Middle. The real question is how do we fix fan engagement? Everything from our stadium (its tired) to our radio footprint (flagship is on 1450 WGNS, much the same as it was a half century ago. Its a second tier experience in the eyes of many. Much work needs to be done, for sure in the off season.

Think we're reactive instead of proactive about the little things. If we expect championships, we have to go 110% and the extra five miles to be successful in all phases. Think we've (administration and fans alike) become too satisfied with 6-6, 7-5, and 8-4 as long as we go to a bowl. This year was a half a step above, but we were extremely fortunate with a favorable schedule, coupled with timely losses by Marshall (to USM) and FIU (to Marshall and FAU). It was count our blessings year, but we still came up short of the trophy when opportunity called.

Reactions: crclarke55
One last thought. Why does our stadium always look so poor? Rust everywhere and feels like it needs a total overhaul. Also how do we run out of papertowels and missing trash cans in the bathrooms? Just another example of how things seem to be mismanaged or overlooked.

Looks like a sad HS stadium. Needs major renovation. I almost wonder if we would be better removing the upper deck in the endzone and focusing on renovating the rest of the stadium. That's takes money we dont have.

Want a sad statement on our football? FCS Jacksonville state, enrollment ~8,500, had an average football game attendance of over 18,000 in 5 home games this year in the regular season. Even with our complete BS attendance figures, we did not have a single game that matched their average.

I am becoming more and more convinced that if we won't change our leadership (AD / Pres), then we would be better off dropping to FCS.

This game hurts like Eastern Illinois (OVC Championship, Boots 1998) and Troy 2006 game (20-21) for the Sun Belt Title. So close, but yet miles away from what's needed with a trophy in the case. A play here or there makes all the difference. The 12th man blunder was epic, but so was not covering an on-sides kick with 1:25 left with EIU. It happens. Going to one knee would have given us the crown, as EIU only had 1 time out left and just had been down by 11 with a minute and a half showing on the clock. Back to today, UAB played chess, while we played checkers and "made the wrong jump". That's how championships are won--execution of the tactical game plan.

More disturbing is anemic Murfreesboro's support for MT athletics. Today's in person appearance was atrocious. Blackman, Oakland, or Riverdale would have filled the stands more in a TSSAA playoff game, I believe.

Biggest crowd I personally ever saw in Floyd Stadium was the Riverdale - Oakland game in like 99 or 00

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
We need new people at the top desperately! What other programs in the country have suffered with the same mediocre/below average President, AD, and football coach as long as we have? Masarro needs to be fired this season in my opinion. Attendance is way down, facilities are garbage, and there is no fundraising whatsoever.

SIU has nicer facilities than MT

Looks like a sad HS stadium. Needs major renovation. I almost wonder if we would be better removing the upper deck in the endzone and focusing on renovating the rest of the stadium. That's takes money we dont have.

Want a sad statement on our football? FCS Jacksonville state, enrollment ~8,500, had an average football game attendance of over 18,000 in 5 home games this year in the regular season. Even with our complete BS attendance figures, we did not have a single game that matched their average.

I am becoming more and more convinced that if we won't change our leadership (AD / Pres), then we would be better off dropping to FCS.
I know. When we got home we were talking about how could the bathrooms run out of papertowels or not even have trash can? I mean, who is responsible, it’s a championship game....?.... Also, they had the bright idea to put phone charging stations in, not a bad call, but the were installed before the opener and still running off a hundred yards of extension cords today! I mean come on! And how can they not fix/paint all the rust. Even back in the day when I was in school they hired students to paint all summer and they can’t touch up the stadium? I just don’t get it.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Not particularly mad at Stockstill. I feel like he did everything right to help us win here. I agreed with all of his decisions in terms of when to kick FG or go for it. Obviously, that 4th and 2 that we didn't get and could have gotten a FG would have been huge, but hindsight is 20/20.

Going into the game I really did feel like we would lose. UAB has 38 seniors on their roster, yes, 38 seniors (Thirty eight seniors) so they're going to be experienced, fully developed, and a solid team. I'm not over the moon with regards to Bill Clark because UAB had some great advantages in recruiting, but he's solid enough to not screw things up. UAB and Bill Clark will come back down to earth next year and will be lucky to win 6 games.

This game came down to execution. Plain & simple. Like most games, there's a handful of plays where you can say "what-if" and we win if they go our way. The Ty Lee INT and Dobson barely getting tripped up to prevent a game-sealing TD comes to mind right away.

At the end of the day it's on the players to execute, and they didn't make enough plays. Simple as that. I feel like our coaches put them in a good enough position to go out there and win, minus one particular coach, which I'm getting to.

The 12 men on the field penalty was the most epic blunder I have ever seen in the history of watching sports. To say that it is unacceptable is doing the word a disservice. I literally cannot put into words how infuriating and absolutely UNACCEPTABLE that is. There's 1 minute left in the championship game, we are coming out of a time-out, we are about to give Brent the ball back with 1 minute left only needing a FG....Did I mention we are playing for our first ever conference championship?

I'm honestly ok with Stock sticking around if he wants to, I like the recruits we have committed thus far and last years class is better than people realize. I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I think a new coach would breath a bunch of needed life into this program. I'm indifferent to if he stays or goes.

We will suck next year but we'll be back in 2020 if we can keep Shafer. The only thing I ask is, you have to, absolutely HAVE TO, fire the person responsible for that 12 men on the field blunder. It's just unacceptable. It is the pinnacle of incompetence. It cannot be overlooked.

Wiley, you must be getting older, more experienced, and maturing. Your response is a moderate and reasoned perspective on today's big game.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I would definitely still like to see a new HC for football.

I do agree about a lot of the in game decisions. That is one area where coach stock did a lot better this year overall.

I don't know who gets the finger pointed at them for the huge foul up to end the game, but that was beyond unacceptable.

Despite coach stock making a few better calls, it was still classic coach stock MT football on display today and all season. Not too hot to start the season. MT started to look hopeful in conference. We had to pull for other teams to lose type situation. Finally, MT came down to the final game for that elusive true outright conference championship and MT came up short yet again. As usual, MT "competed," but was unable to seal the deal when it became crunch time. I probably should not waste my time expressing my perspective as I'm not seeing any signs of any changes anytime soon.

Massaro just got a big raise.

It was a great game...we just needed one play...the tackle on Dobson was a game winner...its was tight as a tick, there were so many plays, our Redzone performance all year has been solid until yesterday. This is my first post since the game, too much emotion yesterday. So I don't want to talk about the actual game, they made one more play than us, there really isn't much more to discuss.

All the fuss about fundraising and stadium. The only blame I can see is the MT grad...yes those of us on the board and at the game care but 90% do not care, they just don't. I begged people (MT grads) to come and they didn't. Look at our Student section - they aren't interested. There is nothing any administration can do, no marketing can do, nothing. In the minds of the consumer (MT grads) our FB program is not a priority. Short of winning at a crazy rate for 3 years or a death sentence we are NOT going to get their attention. We even struggle getting most of the people that go that interested.

Heck my pastor who is a grad and has to preach this morning was there and yelling as loud and as long (if you were in Section 2QQ) you heard us start criticizing the people around us, telling them to not let UAB fans show us up. At one 3rd down in the 4th Q I saw people on their effing phones in the middle of a play. Our little group of about 6 people stood the entire game and screamed the entire game. There were probably another small group around us that jumped in. Aside from sporadic folks in our area most sat on their hands...what is so sad is these are folks that actually come to the games.

We have two problems...1, our grads don't care and most of our student body don't care. 2. Stadium is too big because of #1....We can't control #1, but can control #2.

Regarding 2 (which will never happen), I have not doubt that if we would have played at UAB a core of about 2-3K fans would have gone and sat together with the band and made a lot of noise and others would have commented on a great turnout, similar to UAB yesterday, similar to most of our bowl games. So what do we do about our home games? Something we can control - Right now our fans are all spread out in a stadium we don't need - RIP out the upper deck, get rid of it, if you can't tarp the entire top section. We need to create an atmosphere similar to WKU...We need to push our fans closer together...Make all season tickets on the home side ( we only sell about 4K of these anyway). Give the students a section or two on each side of the band. And secondly, can we start a fund raising drive for a new video board. Lastly, lets make the guy who does the intro for Band our game announcer...

Tough night...I went to the BB game after. Its hard to be an MT fan, but I am staying with it. Please ignore most of my random thoughts till this sadness I feel goes away.

Reactions: MarJac23
It was a great game...we just needed one play...the tackle on Dobson was a game winner...its was tight as a tick, there were so many plays, our Redzone performance all year has been solid until yesterday. This is my first post since the game, too much emotion yesterday. So I don't want to talk about the actual game, they made one more play than us, there really isn't much more to discuss.

All the fuss about fundraising and stadium. The only blame I can see is the MT grad...yes those of us on the board and at the game care but 90% do not care, they just don't. I begged people (MT grads) to come and they didn't. Look at our Student section - they aren't interested. There is nothing any administration can do, no marketing can do, nothing. In the minds of the consumer (MT grads) our FB program is not a priority. Short of winning at a crazy rate for 3 years or a death sentence we are NOT going to get their attention. We even struggle getting most of the people that go that interested.

Heck my pastor who is a grad and has to preach this morning was there and yelling as loud and as long (if you were in Section 2QQ) you heard us start criticizing the people around us, telling them to not let UAB fans show us up. At one 3rd down in the 4th Q I saw people on their effing phones in the middle of a play. Our little group of about 6 people stood the entire game and screamed the entire game. There were probably another small group around us that jumped in. Aside from sporadic folks in our area most sat on their hands...what is so sad is these are folks that actually come to the games.

We have two problems...1, our grads don't care and most of our student body don't care. 2. Stadium is too big because of #1....We can't control #1, but can control #2.

Regarding 2 (which will never happen), I have not doubt that if we would have played at UAB a core of about 2-3K fans would have gone and sat together with the band and made a lot of noise and others would have commented on a great turnout, similar to UAB yesterday, similar to most of our bowl games. So what do we do about our home games? Something we can control - Right now our fans are all spread out in a stadium we don't need - RIP out the upper deck, get rid of it, if you can't tarp the entire top section. We need to create an atmosphere similar to WKU...We need to push our fans closer together...Make all season tickets on the home side ( we only sell about 4K of these anyway). Give the students a section or two on each side of the band. And secondly, can we start a fund raising drive for a new video board. Lastly, lets make the guy who does the intro for Band our game announcer...

Tough night...I went to the BB game after. Its hard to be an MT fan, but I am staying with it. Please ignore most of my random thoughts till this sadness I feel goes away.

I was thinking along the same lines Mike.

We really dont need the upper deck, especially the end zone part.

I read the Rexrode article where Massaro is planning a 100 million dollar, with 40 million coming from student fees & he doesn't know where a lot of the money is coming. Our AD already functions with 70% of our budget coming from fees. Whoever counted attendance yesterday must have been responsible for counting players on our punt return because there is NO WAY we had 15,000 there. We are not competitive nationally in our division nor could we get the chance to compete nationally even if we go 13-0. We get out drawn by regional Southern FCS schools. I know alumni that still live in TN that don't go to games and several apparently switched TV channels to the UGA-Bama kickoff rather than watch the end of our game.

I don't know. Frustrating. I know there are 8,000-10,000 fans that care and would watch MT play FBS or NAIA. I used to blame Kermit for 9 years and Stockstill for his tenure for the stagnant nature of our program. It's clear to me that it's a combination of our Pres/AD and/or we just don't belong in FBS. If we can't make a change at the Pres/AD level to see if new energy creates a spark, maybe we should save students some $$$ and go to the OVC or Southern Conference. We could still play 1 body bag SEC game a year.

Last edited:
The tarps send a bad signal. I'm with you all - we need to get rid of some seating.

After cooling off a bit, I don't blame stock or the players. They played their hearts out when you know it had to be crushing for them to run out to an empty stadium.

It's got to be hard to recruit to a place where no one cares.

Something we can control - Right now our fans are all spread out in a stadium we don't need - RIP out the upper deck, get rid of it, if you can't tarp the entire top section. We need to create an atmosphere similar to WKU...We need to push our fans closer together...Make all season tickets on the home side ( we only sell about 4K of these anyway). Give the students a section or two on each side of the band. And secondly, can we start a fund raising drive for a new video board. Lastly, lets make the guy who does the intro for Band our game announcer..

I've been screaming this for a while now. Completely tarp the endzones and the upper deck. Fill the lower bowl in that way. Getting people together can enhance the experience alone, not to mention it'll look 100 times better on TV. It's a one time cost to absorb to get what's needed to make it happen.

Now, more than ever, the operation just looks bush league. The build-out of the new athletic plaza will obviously cure a lot of the aesthetic complaints that people have, but there are things that need to be done now that are being overlooked.

With the terrible weather surrounding the game, I knew it would be empty. Even though it didn't rain during the game, an hour before, it was pouring sideways in Smyrna. 2 days before, many people I talked with said they were watching it on TV because of all of the weather forecasts. Today, it will be sunny and nearly 70. That's the way it is for us.

BTW, Appy st. had maybe 5k at their championship game on Saturday. We're not the only ones who suffered from weather and bad attendance.

I know folks here were emotional and were in melt down mode yesterday. This was a game we weren't even supposed to be in. So many folks on here had said that we'd never be in this game earlier this season. Marshall didn't have to beat FIU. However, our team showed that it did belong. We were the only team in the conference to even beat UAB and nearly beat them twice. We fought our guts out yesterday. It was really only a couple plays that determined the outcome.

With the terrible weather surrounding the game, I knew it would be empty. Even though it didn't rain during the game, an hour before, it was pouring sideways in Smyrna. 2 days before, many people I talked with said they were watching it on TV because of all of the weather forecasts. Today, it will be sunny and nearly 70. That's the way it is for us.

BTW, Appy st. had maybe 5k at their championship game on Saturday. We're not the only ones who suffered from weather and bad attendance.

I know folks here were emotional and were in melt down mode yesterday. This was a game we weren't even supposed to be in. So many folks on here had said that we'd never be in this game earlier this season. Marshall didn't have to beat FIU. However, our team showed that it did belong. We were the only team in the conference to even beat UAB and nearly beat them twice. We fought our guts out yesterday. It was really only a couple plays that determined the outcome.

Your thoughts on the team and the game are spot on...I really don't have beef with the coaches or the team...UAB made one more play than us, give them credit.

I get the weather forecast...we sold 15K tickets (this includes bands and players) but maybe 10K were at the game. I think even it were sunny maybe the 15K show up, maybe we get another 1-2K walk up. Regardless, we do not need a stadium that holds 31K...lets tarp the entire upper section. If we ever need more seating, we can untarp it. If our fans at least sat closer together it would make a better environment...I know you sit in the Hayloft, but that section needs to go and you need to come over to the home side and light a charge into folks sitting closer together.

Let start dealing with things we can control.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
The tarps remind people every game we can't fill our stadium. Removing seating would be bad press at first then people would forget we ever had giant, metal expanses of empty seats.

Reactions: Predarat
I think McPhee has to see this and think "what the hell is Massaro actually doing to help this athletic dept". I was unfortunately in Florda yesterday but did watch it on t.v. and it was embarrassing. I blame alot of the people of Murfreesboro but I think Massaro is a big part if that problem too.

Take UCF for instance. My in-laws live 40 miles from Orlando, smack dab in the middle of UF country. 4 years ago, people could've cared less about this program. However, I was at a family event last night and half the room was watching the UCF game on TV or keeping up with it on their phones. I can tell you that wouldn't have happened 4 years ago.

My point is that I truly believe it can happen here at MT. Obviously I think we need a change at the athletic direct position and we need a couple of really good years in football. Hopefully the team can win their bowl game and have a great recruiting class to slowly build off this year.

It’s true, App had about as many at their championship game as us, even though they drew 20,000+ to every regular season home game.

I think our problem is bigger than the 1 game though.

And BTW, the ASU alumni like being called Appy about as much as we like being called Little Middle by another fan base. As my in-laws have told me, there is no y in Appalachian.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I say tarp the upper deck totally. No Nike logos or anything. Just blue over each section with a white striping. Then tarp the Faulkenberry end zone with logos.

And no logos of bowl games we lost. They just drives me batty.

As for the Nike logos on the d--n tarps (can you tell I don't like them). IIRC Nike paid for them that's why the Nike Swoop in there.

The tarps remind people every game we can't fill our stadium. Removing seating would be bad press at first then people would forget we ever had giant, metal expanses of empty seats.

Its not really about the number of seats its about getting fans closer together to create an experience...for fans to feed off each other.

Honestly, who gives a flip about what the "press" might say.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
People not caring starts when they are undergrads and goes up from there. It starts with the cities lack of support as well. What is it that UCF has done over the last 10 years that we haven't?

It wasn't that long ago the sideline upper deck was full, tearing down the endzone/corner upper deck is one thing but i think tearing down the sideline upper deck is a mistake. Hell feels not too long ago people on here were posting diagrams of an expanded stadium, though that is a huge pipe dream now.

It wasn't that long ago the sideline upper deck was full, tearing down the endzone/corner upper deck is one thing but i think tearing down the sideline upper deck is a mistake. Hell feels not too long ago people on here were posting diagrams of an expanded stadium, though that is a huge pipe dream now.
I got really excited when the Hendrix Stadium Club first opened. I watched Massaro as he showed it off to the new Asst. AD from Memphis when he was in town for the game in 2013.

Then one night later in the season, I’m sitting in my outdoor seats up there alone, just me and one of our new Board of Trustees members. We just looked at each other like, “Where is everybody?” Now I’m told they opened it up to all BRAA members like the old cinderblock room buffet before they remodeled.
So much for selling Game Day exclusivity. SMH

Th
I got really excited when the Hendrix Stadium Club first opened. I watched Massaro as he showed it off to the new Asst. AD from Memphis when he was in town for the game in 2013.

Then one night later in the season, I’m sitting in my outdoor seats up there alone, just me and one of our new Board of Trustees members. We just looked at each other like, “Where is everybody?” Now I’m told they opened it up to all BRAA members like the old cinderblock room buffet before they remodeled.
I understand the BOT are meeting today and will vote to extend Mcphee's contract another 4 years. We will continue to move backwards. Next thing we know Hendrix will be first come first served.

I think we just opened it up for the championship game...

It was only opened for all BRAA Members for the championship game. I thought it was brilliant. Weather forecast was poor, and they gave all BRAA members an opportunity to check out the club for $70 and see how nice it is. Maybe some that took advantage will decide to up their investment for next year.

It's probably been about 10-15 years ago now, but I distinctly remember a VP over Student Affairs or some such thing that did an incredible job of getting students especially freshman out to the stadium for games. I think he was there and had tremendous success for about 3 years. I also remember being convinced by that university leader success that good leadership in the right place can make a huge difference with support, attendance, and involvement by students. Alumni and community members may be a different animal, but good student involvement can be obtained with good leadership.

Th

I understand the BOT are meeting today and will vote to extend Mcphee's contract another 4 years. We will continue to move backwards. Next thing we know Hendrix will be first come first served.

If our board extended McPhee, they are as clueless as our president and AD, they are part of the problem. They need to go as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT