ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL the natives are restless...

Serious question. When Stock delayed his annual bumps for the extra years, does he have to shave a year off if he doesn’t qualify for one of those bonuses?

Something I noticed that was pretty funny. Massaro has tweets on his twitter about tons of different athletic events spanning the last few weeks. He is always tweeting about basketball games, cross country stuff, our football games, etc.

Not a single tweet on his twitter about the WKU game. Not even tweets promoting it. He either deleted the tweets or he knew we were going to lose and didn't want people to tune in.

Something I noticed that was pretty funny. Massaro has tweets on his twitter about tons of different athletic events spanning the last few weeks. He is always tweeting about basketball games, cross country stuff, our football games, etc.

Not a single tweet on his twitter about the WKU game. Not even tweets promoting it. He either deleted the tweets or he knew we were going to lose and didn't want people to tune in.

Is it possible he posted some tweets but ended up being brutally trolled by disgruntled fans to the point that he just deleted all of it? It is highly unusual that AD Massaro would not tweets regarding a football game.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Is it possible he posted some tweets but ended up being brutally trolled by disgruntled fans to the point that he just deleted all of it? It is highly unusual that AD Massaro would not tweets regarding a football game.

Yup

Something stinks....

Memo to Stock and West: Growing a Fu Manchu and shaving your head doesn’t make you a bad dude or a better football coach. Especially on men in their 60’s.

Yup

Something stinks....

wtf is wrong with you? Why are you actively telling a recruit on Twitter to not come to MT?

I actually agree with one of the players. We do have one of the worst fan bases in America. Thankfully there are only about 100 of us

Yup

Something stinks....

Yes, it does. If you had any self awareness you might have the ability to identify just how close the stench originates.

You want to be mad? Fine. You want to not attend games? Fine. You want to withhold your financial contributions? Fine. You want to air your grievances? Fine. I don't think anyone can fault you for any that considering the circumstances.

But to go communicate with the father of a commitment (a three star QB commit at that) and actively campaign against what the coaches are being paid to do is so far across the line and frankly it is reprehensible. As far as I'm concerned you have committed a violent criminal offense in your fandom and against the university. If I were the AD I would further assist you in helping you avoid having to worry about providing any financial support as I would ban you from buying tickets or providing any "support for athletics" whatsoever. If I was the President I would ban you from campus. As far as I'm concerned you have rescinded your allegiance and alumni status.

It's obvious that we need change sooner than later. I'm not oblivious to the problems. Hell, those problems run far deeper than just the football program. These things you think only you and FR315 see are obvious to anyone who wants to see them, but you have absolutely zero rights to go about it the way you are. You have absolutely no credibility whatsoever - particularly now that you have basically committed treason. You have reached loser status of epic proportions. Which is the great irony considering you prance around like you're a winner and know what it takes. But you aren't. You've proven this week just how big of a loser's mentality your actually possess and display. For those who you have fooled I hope they finally see the light now. And for the life of me I can't understand how Space, Randall, Austin, etc., continue to allow you the platform to do it. In particular, using this board to do everything you can to undermine this university. It's all you've done since that day you stepped foot on campus. So, GTFO.

And don't come back.

Last edited:
When did I ever openly steer a recruit in another direction? True to form, you come in here and preach like some know it all super fan. I don’t agree with what Wylie tweeted either but I respect his right to tweet it. How bout you just go back to BRZ where you can be the master of your own sandbox?

When did I ever openly steer a recruit in another direction? True to form, you come in here and preach like some know it all super fan. I don’t agree with what Wylie tweeted either but I respect his right to tweet it. How bout you just go back to BRZ where you can be the master of your own sandbox?

I didn't say you did. Reading comprehension not your strong suit? Guess they didn't teach that Memphis.

If an alum can actively campaign against who the coaches have recruited on Twitter I can damn sure post on this board if I want. If you don't like that then you can GTFO too.

Lastly, BRZ is not my board so stop acting like I own it, run it or otherwise moderate it in any way.

I didn't say you did. Reading comprehension not your strong suit? Guess they didn't teach that Memphis.

If an alum can actively campaign against who the coaches have recruited on Twitter I can damn sure post on this board if I want. If you don't like that then you can GTFO too.

Lastly, BRZ is not my board so stop acting like I own it, run it or otherwise moderate it in any way.
No, You lumped ME into your rant. Maybe YOU need to re-read your own sputum?

I think tweeting a recruit is so way over the top. Are you really using its his right defense? Could someone post the tweet here so we can all see it?

No, You lumped ME into your rant. Maybe YOU need to re-read your own sputum?

I lumped you into the part where you two act like you are the only two who see the problems. You call out my reference of his bullshit antics a rant but yet you don't likewise call out what he's doing and support him campaigning against our commits and recruits. So, given that it looks like including you in there wasn't all that far off after all.

Reactions: TeKEraider
I lumped you into the part where you two act like you are the only two who see the problems. You call out my reference of his bullshit antics a rant but yet you don't likewise call out what he's doing and support him campaigning against our commits and recruits. So, given that it looks like including you in there wasn't all that far off after all.
How about you just take my username out of your mouth? And I’m not the internet police for MTSU’s fanbase.

Isn't trying to influence recruits by fans a NCAA violation for the school(s) involved? Does that rule not apply to social media?

Last edited:
Isn't trying to influence recruits by fans a NCAA violation for the school(s) involved? Does that rule not apply to social media?
That would be correct. Anyone who qualifies as a “Booster” as defined by the NCAA is prohibited from ANY contact with prospective student athletes or their families.

It was a sincere tweet. If you had a son and were considering schools (and you had no allegiance to MT like this family), would you want him to go to MT, WKU, or Troy (He holds offers from all 3)? WKU & Troy both have better facilities AND a tradition of winning championships. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Also, I was tweeting to his father, not the recruit. Get it straight.

If a "Booster" can't tweet to a recruit are you sure he can tweet to his father, brother, high school coach, etc. and not be in violation?
Still an attempt to influence a recruits' choice.

If a "Booster" can't tweet to a recruit are you sure he can tweet to his father, brother, high school coach, etc. and not be in violation?
Still an attempt to influence a recruits' choice.

I'm not a booster. Keep trying

It might be a first. I’ve never heard of the NCAA punishing a school or its alums for discouraging a prospective student athlete to sign with their institution. LMAO...again. Wylie is very wylie

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I’ve never heard of the NCAA punishing a school or its alums for discouraging a prospective student athlete to sign with their institution. LMAO

Well if it was going to happen to anybody, you know it would be us.

You guys must not get around much. There are thousands upon thousands of fans (and I'm sure some are actual boosters) who encourage kids to come to their schools on twitter and other social media platforms.

I could be wrong (often am) but I don't believe you have to either give money, buy tickets, be an alumni, or attend games to be considered a "booster" by the NCAA.

It was a sincere tweet. If you had a son and were considering schools (and you had no allegiance to MT like this family), would you want him to go to MT, WKU, or Troy (He holds offers from all 3)? WKU & Troy both have better facilities AND a tradition of winning championships. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

So, your sincerity is supposed to make it better? It's like digging a deeper whole or doubling down on a losing bet.

And to answer your question he is not my kid. Nor is he yours. He made his decision, and I have no place to undermine those who have worked so hard to recruit him to the school I earned my degree from. And the fact that you can't see how incredibly wrong it is for you to actively attempt to convince his son not to attend MT is beyond words. What's worse than despicable?

I will say this. If my son was of age and a QB you are damn right I would want him to come play for Stockstill and Franklin. Stockstill is an honorable man (unlike you) and will treat my son with respect and dignity. I would have no reservations that my kid would be anything but completely taken care of looked after with great care while under CRS. Life is about more than a football game. How Brent has turned out tells me all I need to know about whether I would want my son to be part of what CRS is doing. From a football perspective, Franklin is one of the best offensive/QB coaches around so from a learning perspective you're a damn right I would want him in that situation. Troy is a shit hole and western is an unknown with the new staff. Does that answer your question?

Lastly, Wiley is not a booster. Boosters support their school. I think we've addressed he doesn't support any facet of the university. He trolls it. Not a booster. GTFO troll.

I usually enjoy reading your opinions, because some times they are spot on but this is way out of line. Why in the world you would tweet a kids parents? This is way out of bounds. No way is that anything but dumb.

Reactions: Hop45
Lastly, Wiley is not a booster. Boosters support their school. I think we've addressed he doesn't support any facet of the university. He trolls it. Not a booster. GTFO troll.

Why would I support the current state of affairs? If you are currently supporting the program, you are a part of the problem. Period. Nothing will ever change if people keep blindly giving their money to the program despite inadequate results. It's been 12 years going on 13. How long are we gonna give this guy? Before you can blink, he will have been here 20 years and never fielded the best team in his own conference. WTF????????

Why would I support the current state of affairs? If you are currently supporting the program, you are a part of the problem. Period. Nothing will ever change if people keep blindly giving their money to the program despite inadequate results. It's been 12 years going on 13. How long are we gonna give this guy? Before you can blink, he will have been here 20 years and never fielded the best team in his own conference. WTF????????
TWO different conferences at that. FunBelt and CUSA.

You never have supported it. Don't act like this is a new state of affairs that you are just now coming around to. I have my own ways addressing the problems.

You never have supported it. Don't act like this is a new state of affairs that you are just now coming around to. I have my own ways addressing the problems.

Complaining to the AD isn't going to get you anywhere partner. His job is to literally field and shield complaints, which I suspect he's doing a lot of lately.

As long as he's got those coins coming out of your pocket, he isn't going to feel compelled to do anything extreme.

We are stuck with Stockstill because there's never going to be enough pressure to remove him (unless he wins like 2 games over 3 years), but that doesn't mean I have to support the decision for him to stay. And the rest of you fans shouldn't have to stand by that criminal contract he was given allowing him to be tenured here.

And generally I will you as well even if we end up in a healthy debate about them.

But I cannot what Wiley has done. It's unacceptable. There has to be a line and by any reasonable ethical standards he crossed it and then some.

Oh please. Get real. Like that kids father gives two shits about my opinion of the university and program. I'm not a "fan" anyway, right? So who cares what I say. I'm just a troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT