ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL the natives are restless...

Complaining to the AD isn't going to get you anywhere partner. His job is to literally field and shield complaints, which I suspect he's doing a lot of lately.

As long as he's got those coins coming out of your pocket, he isn't going to feel compelled to do anything extreme.

We are stuck with Stockstill because there's never going to be enough pressure to remove him (unless he wins like 2 games over 3 years), but that doesn't mean I have to support the decision for him to stay. And the rest of you fans shouldn't have to stand by that criminal contract he was given allowing him to be tenured here.

You don't know what I do or don't do. And I don't complain.

You really have no clue how an athletics program is run.

You keep saying we. You have never supported MT, so you should really stop pretending like you do. Instead you have perpetually trolled it only hiding for brief periods when good things happen hanging out in the fringe awaiting for the next bad thing to happen for you to pounce. Like I said, GTFO.

I'm done with you. I've already wasted more time on you than I should have.

Reactions: MarJac23
You don't know what I do or don't do. And I don't complain.

You really have no clue how an athletics program is run.

You keep saying we. You have never supported MT, so you should really stop pretending like you do. Instead you have perpetually trolled it only hiding for brief periods when good things happen hanging out in the fringe awaiting for the next bad thing to happen for you to pounce. Like I said, GTFO.

I'm done with you. I've already wasted more time on you than I should have.

Bye. One day, you'll see the light like many others finally have and pull all football funding. Until then, continue on with your blind allegiance to mediocrity.

Reactions: MightyRaider
Oh please. Get real. Like that kids father gives two shits about my opinion of the university and program. I'm not a "fan" anyway, right? So who cares what I say. I'm just a troll.

You come here and bitch about the coach's son being the QB and we can't get anyone else here. They go out and and recruit a potential replacement who looks like a good option and you do that to the kids dad. Chump move. Just calling it like I see it.

You come here and bitch about the coach's son being the QB and we can't get anyone else here. They go out and and recruit a potential replacement who looks like a good option and you do that to the kids dad. Chump move. Just calling it like I see it.

Like it matters. We could have Tom Brady back there and we'd still find a way to lose the East.

Stinks in here like bed pans! Wait it's that troll Wiley chasing recruits away in the name of building the future success of the program.

Twisted weirdo go "support" Oregon or WKY your a cancer to this program.

Stinks in here like bed pans! Wait it's that troll Wiley chasing recruits away in the name of building the future success of the program.

Twisted weirdo go "support" Oregon or WKY your a cancer to this program.
I will take a realist over a sheep any day. The recruit thing is over the top but why does passion for a quality product bother you? I do not see how any alum can be happy with the situation and respect those willing to voice it.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
"The recruit thing" is treason, that's what bothers me.

Passion to drive away fans to make the team near and dear to me worse makes me want to puke. A passion to drive away support dollars I can never respect.

Complaining, belly aching, or generally stating opinions about losses are a part of message board life. Most people deal with that even if they don't agree with said opinions. Usually those opinions expressed by alums and fans are done from a position of wanting to see weaknesses in performances improved i.e. a win instead of a loss.

On the other hand, undermining the coaches and staff to a recruit and/or family like that is beyond ridiculous. I wish I could just write this off as the actions of a troll, but this seems beyond that. Frankly, I hope fellow fans and/or alumni are not permissive in attitude about something like this. This sort of thing really undermines a program. Unacceptable!

This is unacceptable. It's almost as bad as that guy, that's in front of me, that won't sit down and keeps mixing his own adult beverages.

Reactions: MTLynn
I'm with Wiley a lot on where we are as a program, but I feel like tweeting at a recruit (or his family) crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed.

First of all, don't tweet at children. Or their parents if the subject is their children.

Second, this is a bad bad look for everyone. Prospective recruits, fans, heck, even potential future coaches. There isn't anything positive that's going to be accomplished with this.

I've tweeted at potential recruits for ages. Nobody has ever said anything until now because they didn't like what I had to say. Sorry but I stand by what I said. How can I, in good faith, recommend someone to come here for a successful career when I truly believe their talents will be wasted here. I suppose the alternative is to just not say anything, but I felt compelled to let that kids father know his sons talents will likely be wasted here (That is assuming their goals are to win championships). I guess if his son wants to finish middle of the pack and throw for a ton of yards, we are his huckleberry, otherwise....no.

Sorry but I'm just so fed up with this staff and the lack of results after 12, going on 13 years.

It's starting to become more and more apparent after each season that the only way to force any change here is going to be to sabotage the entire operation. Very unfortunate. I'll give credit for the hire of Shafer, but his hire and all his efforts (thus far) have been 100% in vain. We won more games last year with a much worse defense. It's always SOMETHING with this team. The only constant is Rick's consistent chicken $hit decision making and playing not-to-lose mentality. I'll never forget back in 06 sitting in his football class and him going on about how many teams across the landscape beat themselves. Most games are not won, they are lost because of mistakes, blah blah blah. Always hoping the other guy beats himself instead of trying to win it. What a losers mentality.

WKU's out there running fake punts from their own 20 trying to win the game and we are happy to just sit back and hope that they beat themselves (Not likely with a stud senior QB on senior night at their place with so much at stake....) "Playing the percentages" he said. Well two years in a row you "played the percentages" and two years in a row you got beat. So what's the solution? I'm sure it's to continue "Playing the percentages"...Some will just never learn or adapt. The younger generation coaches are starting to run circles around a lot of these old timer dinosaurs. A few dinosaurs, like Saban, have adapted. But many are being run out of the business.

Just look at the two teams who will be playing for the CUSA title here in a few weeks. How old do you think their head coaches are?

Lane Kiffin - 42 (A young 42 at that)
Seth Litrell - 39

Take a deeper look though. How old do you think the coordinators are?

UNT OC Graham Harrell - 32
UNT DC Troy Reffett - Can't find an age for him but appears to be late 40's

FAU DC - Chris Kiffin - 35
FAU OC - Kendall Briles - 35

Not a coincidence.

Last edited:
I've tweeted at potential recruits for ages. Nobody has ever said anything until now because they didn't like what I had to say. Sorry but I stand by what I said. How can I, in good faith, recommend someone to come here for a successful career when I truly believe their talents will be wasted here. I suppose the alternative is to just not say anything, but I felt compelled to let that kids father know his sons talents will likely be wasted here (That is assuming their goals are to win championships). I guess if his son wants to finish middle of the pack and throw for a ton of yards, we are his huckleberry, otherwise....no.
Why do you feel it’s your place to tell these recruits these things? How you tell yourself this is ok is beyond me.

Reactions: dukewayne and Hop45
Why do you feel it’s your place to tell these recruits these things? How you tell yourself this is ok is beyond me.

I've always interacted with the recruits in one way or another. You realize I used to help run this site and talked to recruits and their parents on a near-daily basis during busy season? It's something I've always enjoyed being a part of it. Never received a penny for doing it.

Using twitter, for me, was just another way to continue that. I've always enjoyed encouraging them to come to MT, because I sincerely thought it was a great place to come and show off your talents. I used to never understand why all these 4 star kids would want to go to the same place and clog up a roster, never see the field, and end up transferring somewhere else and having to sit out a year. The biggest surprise was all these Florida kids who we used to compete with (and still do I'm sure) against MAC schools. It seems like half of them would sign with a MAC school over MT, go there for a year, and then transfer back south because they HATED playing football in cold weather. We would tell them this year after year, time and time again, none would listen. "Look, you're going to hate the cold weather and snow in Kalamazoo, Michigan...." I could never understand why they would choose Eastern Michigan or Ball State over MT. One year, circa 06/07, there was this one 3 star safety one year that I wanted to play here so bad. So damn bad. His film was F'ing amazing. To this day I think he would have played in the NFL if he stuck it out. But he was just dead set on playing for fledgling some fledgling MAC school. I think his first name was Terrell. He was there a year or two, transferred out, never heard from again. edit: Name was Terrell Johnson. Wish I could find his old film.

Anyway, the point is, I've always enjoyed communicating with them. Don't do it as much anymore obviously, just the occasional tweet, but recruiting is the life blood of a program and I've always believed if we were ever going to make any progress, it would start with better players. I don't believe that anymore with this staff.

Last edited:
Very interesting background, something is still not adding up, can you tell me about your childhood? Specifically when you got dropped on your head.

Very interesting background, something is still not adding up, can you tell me about your childhood? Specifically when you got dropped on your head.

I might have been dropped on my head, but at least I knew we needed to go for 2 to win the game last Friday. Literally posted in the game thread "If we score here, we should go for 2"....

Even a dumb rookie never-been-a-coach could see it coming.

But the seasoned almighty know-it-all MT Savior Rick Stockstill didn't.

Didn't know to go for it on 4th and 2 last year either when our RB's were averaging 6 YPC and our defense couldn't stop a fly in the 4th q.

Our HC doesn't even have common sense, but you keep supporting those decision making skills. Thank god he isn't in the medical profession.

I agree Stockstill sucks and has for a long time. Good points above.

I disagree with the manner in which you are displaying your displeasure. Tweeting recruits parents.

"don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family. Ever." Michael Corleon

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
Some of y'all need a hug or maybe should watch some videos of puppies playing or something.

If you ain't going to the games or supporting the team, then why be even more counter productive than that? What does it solve? Cubs fans complained for 100 years but still went to the games and supported their squad.

Sheesh, it's just a game and entertainment at that. Why get all twisted over stuff we can't change? They are playing on Saturday and I'll be there.

Also, Stop talking to athlete's family for Pete's sake. WTH? There are therapists out there that can help. :)

Everybody take a step back and put it on safety.

For what it is worth..... I hardly ever post but read them. I only joined back in the spring sometime. I do some business down in the Dalton, GA area and ran into the dad the other day ( didn't talk to him but a mutual customer saw the MT logo on a golf shirt I was wearing and he pointed him out to me). Already had a big MT football sticker on the back window of his truck. From what my customer who is a big high school football follower down there said the kid and his family seem excited about MT football. Appeared to know them well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT