ADVERTISEMENT

The Dean of Conference Coaches...

Interesting quote from that article:

Former NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer used to say no matter where you were, they had no use for you after about 10 years.

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
It is too bad because I feel he is one of the truly good guys in a coaching world that includes the Saban's, Meyer's, etc.

Also rooting for Georgia when I am not watching MT, I see so many similarities between Richt and Stockstill. I believe Richt is also a Bobby Bowden disciple of coaching. Both are very good guys and neither seems to be able to win big games when they matter the most.

Last edited:
Also rooting for Georgia when I am not watching MT, I see so many similarities between Richt and Stockstill. I believe Richt is also a Bobby Bowden disciple of coaching. Both are very good guys and neither seems to be able to win big games when they matter the most.

From what I understand, UGA sticks to higher academic standards than many of the SEC state schools. But its too good of a recruiting area not to be a bit better. I do agree, Richt seems like a really good man.

I believe this is Richt's last year at UGA. There is just too much negativity down here.

Sometimes a change of scenery is just good for a person. Maybe a great time to go home (Miami).

If I were an AD I might take a wait see with Brohm. If you look at his two deep it's a lot of FL kids that Taggart recruited. His recruiting classes are a lot of KY players. I am not sure he can sustain this level. I would want to see what he does with those guys before I gave him the keys to a program like UGA or VT. Maybe he is getting diamonds in the rough with all those KY kids but you may be hiring a guy that is reaping someone else's rewards.

If I were an AD I might take a wait see with Brohm. If you look at his two deep it's a lot of FL kids that Taggart recruited. His recruiting classes are a lot of KY players. I am not sure he can sustain this level. I would want to see what he does with those guys before I gave him the keys to a program like UGA or VT. Maybe he is getting diamonds in the rough with all those KY kids but you may be hiring a guy that is reaping someone else's rewards.

From what I saw out of WKU, I think a lot of their success is due to Doughty.

A big time QB goes a long way in CUSA (see Cato), I don't know if he's an elite QB, but he's very very good, and we'll see how they do without him next year.

Unless he gets that 21st year of eligiblity from the NCAA>

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT