ADVERTISEMENT

The coaching carousel and next year's schedule

Wow. After one down year they can McNeil?! That one doesn't make too much sense.

Maybe they think they can get Lincoln Riley back there as HC

Wow. After one down year they can McNeil?! That one doesn't make too much sense.

Maybe they think they can get Lincoln Riley back there as HC
The time of the firing seems...odd. Almost a week after the season ends and on the Friday before conference championship games.

Not sure if you're kidding but could you imagine If he transferred and sat out another year. He would make Weinke look young. Maybe they could recruit Sinbad to come play line or Kathy Ireland to kick...

Not sure if you're kidding but could you imagine If he transferred and sat out another year. He would make Weinke look young. Maybe they could recruit Sinbad to come play line or Kathy Ireland to kick...

I was just kidding!!!

Not that it would happen but essentially with a grey shirt and a redshirt behind him he would be losing a year of eligibility to transfer.

Brohm should be a target since they want a coach who has won a championship. If WKU wins tomorrow, then he would have one which is something McNeil never got. I think ECU is making a mistake with this move but they are committed now. It seems to me you would want to get your cash together and go after a proven commodity.

They lost their Asst. Coach today. RIP Robert Loggia

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I don't think it is happening. Stock aint leaving the best freshman qb in the country( who happens to be his son).

Stockstill as MT's QB for the next 2 or 3 years really does give me flashbacks to the days of Dwone Hicks. (Good grief, I cannot believe it's been that many years ago).

We all may be pleasantly surprised my MT's success over the next few seasons. Very hopeful here.

Vandy - didn't realize Vandy was back on the schedule. I thought the last game was the very last in the lopsided series which MT has dominated.

Bowling Green - would be a super nice road trip. Can possibly even combine it with a visit to Cedar Point Park. Unless I'm wrong, that roller coaster park is only about an hour away and is still open - albeit limited hours - in September. If I was in MT promotions, I'd put together a package deal for BlueRaider fans that would combine a visit to the amusement park, too.

Vandy - didn't realize Vandy was back on the schedule. I thought the last game was the very last in the lopsided series which MT has dominated.

Bowling Green - would be a super nice road trip. Can possibly even combine it with a visit to Cedar Point Park. Unless I'm wrong, that roller coaster park is only about an hour away and is still open - albeit limited hours - in September. If I was in MT promotions, I'd put together a package deal for BlueRaider fans that would combine a visit to the amusement park, too.

The Vandy series was reworked as a 2-2. We play 2 more there and one more at Floyd

Reactions: ToddMalone
Seth Littrell, UNC coach to be new North Texas HC

HEAVY Speculation that Rich Rod will be the new ball coach at South Carolina

Rich Rod turned the job down.
RichRod gonna get paid $$$$

After watching Steve Spurrier for the last ten or so years, USC jr will now be forced to endure the pain and suffering of totally inept offense under Will Muschamp.

Last edited:
Very surprised that no one has made a run at Brohm. 19-7 over the last 2 years and just won a conference title. ECU is still on the open list but is in a crap storm about how the McNeil firing has been handled. Gotta think that they call him. Don't know if that would be enough to entice him to leave.

ECU players were initially told by the AD through a text and twitter. Can you believe that B.S.? PJ Fleck is getting his name mentioned for that job now. Who knows? Fleck is our opponents HC btw.

Can Massaro please hurry and get South Carolina on our schedule?!!! I don't care if there's no return game.

Went in 06 with the student road rally. Had quite a few beverages in the parking lot and stumbled in the game a little late to see we were up 7-0 and had the ball around midfield. We ended up losing 52-7. Good times.

Reactions: C-Bow
Seems that Mike Jinx RB coach from Texas Tech to Bowling Green as head coach. BGSU seem really excited to have him. Seems like a great hire for them.

Seems that Mike Jinx RB coach from Texas Tech to Bowling Green as head coach. BGSU seem really excited to have him. Seems like a great hire for them.
Texas Tech and Bowling Green are both in the Air Raid family of offenses. They'll probably be some slight adjustments alignments, splits, formations, and how routes are ran, but I would expect the core concepts to remain intact

Went in 06 with the student road rally. Had quite a few beverages in the parking lot and stumbled in the game a little late to see we were up 7-0 and had the ball around midfield. We ended up losing 52-7. Good times.

I didn't make that trip but having went to high school in SC, half of my buddies went to USC. Sufficed to say they were all a little worried in the opening minutes! If only I still had that phone with those text messages in it...

Reactions: BlueRaider95
Article this morning in the "USA Today" section of The Tennessean on the inflation of Assistant Coaches' pay at the highest levels of college football emphasises the difficulty of $#&-majors hiring Head Coaches. Accompanying the article is an entire page in the "USA Today" sports section on Coaches' Compensation. Charts show best paid assistants and a listing of total assistants' pay for each D-1 school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT