ADVERTISEMENT

The coaching carousel and next year's schedule

MidTnBlues

True Blue
Oct 24, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
Correct me if Im wrong but next year we have Missouri, Bowling Green, and Vandy as ooc teams we play.I,'ll edit this post as info comes in.

Missouri: Barry Odom (official)
Bowling Green: Barbers to Syracuse. H.C. position open.
Vandy: No changes.
WKU: Brohm seems like he may hang around.

Last edited:
IF Western wins next week and win their bowl game I would assume that Brohm is gone( may not even take that much)
Vandy will more than likely be breaking in a freshman qb because the ones they have on the roster are putrid.
I don't know what BG is losing or have coming back but watching them play UT early in the season they will be a definite test for our secondary

Well they are already increasing my donation requirement by 50%. To only have 5 games with that price increase is hard to swallow. I get it. It's our own fault. If fans show up we can afford to do something different but it really kills the value to those of us that do show up. Especially the ones that are already paying a premium.

Reactions: T2Tool
Well they are already increasing my donation requirement by 50%. To only have 5 games with that price increase is hard to swallow. I get it. It's our own fault. If fans show up we can afford to do something different but it really kills the value to those of us that do show up. Especially the ones that are already paying a premium.
Aren't you the guy who was recently boasting about Chris, Stock and TW being able to yuck it up in the Bahamas on the University's dime? Quit complaining about those of us who finally had enough of it. You go ahead and write that check for Alabama A&M.

Aren't you the guy who was recently boasting about Chris, Stock and TW being able to yuck it up in the Bahamas on the University's dime? Quit complaining about those of us who finally had enough of it. You go ahead and write that check for Alabama A&M.
You quit donating after back to back 8-4 seasons so don't act like you had had enough. You threw a tantrum about Tommy West getting hired and CM not holding it for you while you peed. Now you are hoping and praying that it will be validated. It hasn't been. Just enjoy spending your money at wku or whatever band wagon you choose to jump on next. Btw your new team played 5 home games this year and just went to the Bahamas bowl. Seems like we are primed for your support. As far as the A&M game goes I didn't hear you crying when Memphis played powerhouses last like Austin Peay and UT Martin.

No matter how much you hate to hear it or want to validate your widdle tantwum, a lack of home games is a direct result of fan support. It's the reason your new team had 5 this year and Tennessee gets 7 or 8. Now if you want to blame it on performance that's fine but this senior class went 29-20 and 23-9 in conference. Those seniors deserved better. If 23-9 isn't good enough to get a half full stadium then us and about 50 other programs need to shut it down.

Last edited:
In a slight thread hijack, but on the topic of next season's schedule - has the 5th home game opponent been announced?

Any chance we get out of or delay the BGSU game next year? We need 6 home games.

RIP Thread

Sp5b3RC.gif

Reactions: BlueRaider95
You quit donating after back to back 8-4 seasons so don't act like you had had enough. You threw a tantrum about Tommy West getting hired and CM not holding it for you while you peed. Now you are hoping and praying that it will be validated. It hasn't been. Just enjoy spending your money at wku or whatever band wagon you choose to jump on next. Btw your new team played 5 home games this year and just went to the Bahamas bowl. Seems like we are primed for your support. As far as the A&M game goes I didn't hear you crying when Memphis played powerhouses last like Austin Peay and UT Martin.

No matter how much you hate to hear it or want to validate your widdle tantwum, a lack of home games is a direct result of fan support. It's the reason your new team had 5 this year and Tennessee gets 7 or 8. Now if you want to blame it on performance that's fine but this senior class went 29-20 and 23-9 in conference. Those seniors deserved better. If 23-9 isn't good enough to get a half full stadium then us and about 50 other programs need to shut it down.

Don't get mad, this is just civil discussion among fellow MT alums on how to better the program. Look at the bright side, Gov. Haslem may get us and Memphis our own governing boards.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...-0fc7-1135-e053-01000-359560871.html?d=mobile

Reactions: BRaiderDave
WKU HC gone?? I just hope Brandon Doughty doesn't get a 7th year of eligibility!!!!

Who's mad? Not me. I've enjoyed this football season and saved over $4,000 this year. I'm even gonna make the drive over tonite to watch Kermit and Wade square off because I perceive value in the admission price. It will be a great game. Same for Belmont on the 17th. You guys need to point the blame somewhere else for the empty seats in Floyd. It ain't the fans' fault. Go Blue Raiders...Beat VCU!

Who's mad? Not me. I've enjoyed this football season and saved over $4,000 this year. I'm even gonna make the drive over tonite to watch Kermit and Wade square off because I perceive value in the admission price. It will be a great game. Same for Belmont on the 17th. You guys need to point the blame somewhere else for the empty seats in Floyd. It ain't the fans' fault. Go Blue Raiders...Beat VCU!

Your troll effort is bad, and you should feel bad.

Reactions: TeKEraider
Your troll effort is bad, and you should feel bad.
The only thing that makes me feel bad is my alma mater having to resort to "buy-game" welfare of nearly $2.5 million dollars this year (Bama and Illinois) but we are probably the only mid-major to take two Bahamas trips in the same semester.
Next season Missouri will pay us $1.1 million so we maybe we can double dip on trips to Cancun or Puerto Vallarta.

The only thing that makes me feel bad is my alma mater having to resort to "buy-game" welfare of nearly $2.5 million dollars this year (Bama and Illinois) but we are probably the only mid-major to take two Bahamas trips in the same semester.
Next season Missouri will pay us $1.1 million so we maybe we can double dip on trips to Cancun or Puerto Vallarta.

If worms had machine guns they probably wouldn't be so afraid of birds.

Surprise! Another silly post by our Topper/Tiger friend. Bowl payments are distributed to the conference less the cost of schools playing. We won't be losing any money so the need for pay check games has more to with people like you throwing tantrums after 8-4 than it does the bowl game. Also why would it matter if the game is in the Bahamas? The cost to charter a flight to Texas or New Mexico is basically the same. The hotel and food expenses are all part sponsorships so we won't be out any extra money. So do you feel bad because we get to go to a bowl period or are you just bitter and jealous that our guys are going to enjoy it?

Surprise! Another silly post by our Topper/Tiger friend. Bowl payments are distributed to the conference less the cost of schools playing. We won't be losing any money so the need for pay check games has more to with people like you throwing tantrums after 8-4 than it does the bowl game. Also why would it matter if the game is in the Bahamas? The cost to charter a flight to Texas or New Mexico is basically the same. The hotel and food expenses are all part sponsorships so we won't be out any extra money. So do you feel bad because we get to go to a bowl period or are you just bitter and jealous that our guys are going to enjoy it?

Instead of continuing to do nothing more than make this personal, you might want to talk with somebody in Murphy Center about how profitable the bowl games have been for MT or for that matter any lower tier bowl game. Lower tier bowls don't have guaranteed cash payouts. It's tied to ticket sales revenue. The conference pays for a set number of team travel party. Again, ask somebody in Murphy Center what the additional costs have been for the "official party" in previous years. Facts.

Enjoy the game tonight. Maybe we'll see each other.

I have. Maybe you should. This one will actually be cheaper for the conference since the schools don't send bands. Just think, when you buy your WKU bowl ticket you will be helping TW go the Bahamas.
Enjoy yourself tonight. I don't know what you look like, Tony, but I will have name badge on if you need me. If we don't win I hope you enjoy becoming a Ram fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT