ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Streaming audio for Men's games when time conflicts with Women

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Since the women's broadcast takes precedence over the men's on the Flagship WGNS when game times conflict/overlap I can't find how to stream the audio of the men's pre and post game shows (I do stream the games themselves on ESPN+).
The Tennessean's "On the Air" column says the game is on 94.9 and GoBlueRaiders.com says 94.9/95.1, neither of which can I get over the air or find a site to stream (other than paying for the expensive and almost useless C-USA package).
I would love to be able to hear the pre and post game. (never know when I'll learn just a little tidbit of knowledge)
Do any of you know how to stream the men's audio when it's not on WGNS?

You can download the Tunein app and listen to it there. Just search Middle Tennessee.

You can download the Tunein app and listen to it there. Just search Middle Tennessee.

TuneIn 2 Spotify is the only app I see available in the Chrome app store for my Chromebook. Will that work?

And none of you knows of a station web site for 94.9 or 95.1 which I can long onto and stream as I can WMOT, WGNS, or 102.5?

hit the link below and hit play
https://streema.com/radios/W235BW

Thanks for the response - questions from someone who is obviously computer challenged:

Any potential negatives associated with downloading "streema.com"?
Can it be downloaded on any device using any browser?
Will the site automatically be saved so anytime I enter "stre. . ." it will pop us and I can log on?

Thanks again

there is no download on the link and no log on. you can save the website to your favorites.

when you left click on the website "play" link there will be a popup audio window open that will connect the broadcast.

Last edited:
There was a download necessary on my chromebook using chrome (of which I was somewhat leery) but on my old laptop using firefox clicking on the link went directly to the site and I was able to listen to the pre-game and Chip's call of the game since the broadcast was somewhat synced with the ESPN+ telecast.

I was waiting for the post-game interview on 94.9 when I realized it wasn't in commercial break and they were talking NFL. Apparently 94.9 carries the pre-game but not the post-game (I trust who made the contract for coverage knows this). Apparently another instance showing how hard up the athletic budget is and the problem we have securing $$$s to sponsor MT broadcasts. Regardless, I guess WGNS joined the men's game "in progress" since I was able to catch the post-game on their stream.

One thing I noticed watching last night while listening to Chip Walters was how much he screws up and what a hard time he has doing play-by-play with no spotter or color man. One time he missed, and I don't think he ever realized his mistake, and entire steal and layup. Continued his comments as if it never happened. The TV camera was across the floor and Chip was constantly broadcasting with his head down shuffling through papers. I don't know if he doesn't do his homework prior to the game or if he has a harder time than some broadcasters remembering opposing players names, #s, etc. but his problems were obvious on several occasions. Quite possibly I'm being way to harsh; I wouldn't want his job.

There was a download necessary on my chromebook using chrome (of which I was somewhat leery) but on my old laptop using firefox clicking on the link went directly to the site and I was able to listen to the pre-game and Chip's call of the game since the broadcast was somewhat synced with the ESPN+ telecast.

I was waiting for the post-game interview on 94.9 when I realized it wasn't in commercial break and they were talking NFL. Apparently 94.9 carries the pre-game but not the post-game (I trust who made the contract for coverage knows this). Apparently another instance showing how hard up the athletic budget is and the problem we have securing $$$s to sponsor MT broadcasts. Regardless, I guess WGNS joined the men's game "in progress" since I was able to catch the post-game on their stream.

One thing I noticed watching last night while listening to Chip Walters was how much he screws up and what a hard time he has doing play-by-play with no spotter or color man. One time he missed, and I don't think he ever realized his mistake, and entire steal and layup. Continued his comments as if it never happened. The TV camera was across the floor and Chip was constantly broadcasting with his head down shuffling through papers. I don't know if he doesn't do his homework prior to the game or if he has a harder time than some broadcasters remembering opposing players names, #s, etc. but his problems were obvious on several occasions. Quite possibly I'm being way to harsh; I wouldn't want his job.

Here is the tunein link. It's simple just click on the game you want to listen to.

https://tunein.com/radio/Middle-Tennessee-State-Blue-Raiders-Sports-Network-s273724/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT