ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Speaking of the Titans

dukewayne

All American
Jul 11, 2008
As the topic of the Titans was brought up in one of the threads, it is a good time for MT football with the Titans. That is great promotion for MTSU as the NFL is top credibility in the typical sports fans' mind. The MT alum Titans players seem to be doing a great job of promoting and mentioning MT constantly in the media during training camp.

Byard looks like he just might be on the precipice of breaking out to be a top flight player on the Titans defense.

Some MT guys succeeding in the NFL is a great opportunity for some shameless MT promotion.

Speaking of Titan players, again, nice two fumble recoveries by MT guys Saturday afternoon. Both setup the Titans in the RZ. Byard's recovery early in the RZ to help with that early lead. Then Staten getting that big fumble recovery late in the game when it was tied. Not only was that in the RZ, wasn't Staten's recovery down around the 5 yd line? The winning TD soon followed.

I didn't see Erik Walden in the game today. Anyone else see him? While I generally watched the game, being preseason I wasn't exactly glued to each play. Byard actually didn't play all that much it seemed. Then again, he seemed to dominate early in the game with the first team then it seemed he was on the sideline for rest of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT