ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Something I’ve noticed

blueraiderland

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2012
Collierville, TN
Is it plausible that things started to change with our football team since CRS grew out his goatee? I mean he’s always been clean shaven but ever since he grew out his goatee the team has been different, scheme has been different and mentality of the players/coaches has been different. Just something that I’ve noticed while watching the post game interviews from Saturday.

I know I’m playing into your weird theory here but I kinda have to agree. The style of play has seemed different, and the way he handles the media has definitely been different

Reactions: MarJac23
I'll play as well.
May be just me. If you listen to Stock on the Pogue and Big Joe show he seems more direct,
A bit more cocky even, than in the past.
On his post game radio show after the Western game he said, " This was a Hell of a win Chip, get fired up!"
Don't know if anyone else that heard it thought that was a bit out of Character but I've laughed about that several times since. I like the shaved head and goatee look. Would love to seem him cut loose this week and do something crazy to stir some excitement in the media and fan base for the UAB game.

Reactions: subkyle and Blue_H
Would love to seem him cut loose this week and do something crazy to stir some excitement in the media and fan base for the UAB game.

Agreed! I want to hear him pop off at the mouth.

I saw CJ Windham's instagram live in the locker room after the FAU game, and coach Stock was fired up. I swore he said, "WE BEAT THAT M***** F*****!!!" and the team went nuts. It was so out of CRS character, but he was totally in the moment. My jaw was on the floor watching that.

Reactions: subkyle
Agreed! I want to hear him pop off at the mouth.

I saw CJ Windham's instagram live in the locker room after the FAU game, and coach Stock was fired up. I swore he said, "WE BEAT THAT M***** F*****!!!" and the team went nuts. It was so out of CRS character, but he was totally in the moment. My jaw was on the floor watching that.

Honestly, I love hearing this. For a while there, Stock was nothing more than a robot saying the same crap over and over and going through the motions. His demeanor and our football program as a whole has actually excited me this season and not just because of the wins. Stock is actually showing some emotion and fire. It feels like he actually wants to win. He isn't playing not to lose anymore, and he's speaking his mind. I hope he continues to open up even more and doesn't hold anything back. I get the fact that he wants to be respectable and behave like an adult, etc. but there's nothing wrong with showing some emotion, getting fired up, talking some trash, and speaking your mind.

We have really great coordinators and I do believe Stock has grown into a respectable head coach during his time here. If we could just recruit a little better talent-wise I do think we could win a few championships here.

The new stadium and facility improvements cannot get here soon enough.

I have the feeling that Brent has a lot of influence on Rick, the offensive play calls, and maybe the fire that Rick has shown outwardly this year.

Maybe Rick knows his career is coming to an end. Maybe he realizes he is never gonna get the P5 coaching job and is content to finish out the rest of his contract here. I can see that taking a lot of pressure and stress off of him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT