ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Showing of hands.......

Got an email from some guy named Seth Thomas last week who says he’s the new “Director of Ticket Sales for Blue Raider Athletics” but he works for Taymar Sales U.?????
He’s not even listed in the Staff Directory for the Ticket Office Staff.

Subject line was “We Want You Back”.

I guess they’ve outsourced me. 😂

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Got an email from some guy named Seth Thomas last week who says he’s the new “Director of Ticket Sales for Blue Raider Athletics” but he works for Taymar Sales U.?????

They've outsourced us all. I see the benefit of using a company that tickets is what they do. Knowledge and ideas most individual schools don't think of, not to mention a larger reach.

At the same time, I can see how it would feel a bit impersonal especially when so many of us know or have known people in the AD/BRAA on a first name basis.

Credit to the new company though for using previous ticket holders and not just going after new blood.

Last edited:
They've outsourced us all. I see the benefit of using a company that tickets is what they do. Knowledge and ideas most individual schools don't think of, not to mention a larger reach.

At the same time, I can see how it would feel a bit impersonal especially when so many of us know or have known people in the AD/BRAA on a first name basis.

Credit to the new company though for using previous ticket holders and not just going after née blood.

“Winning”, not just against FCS patsies and CUSA bottom feeders to be bowl eligible is the only “innovation” to make me want to buy season tickets again. Win the league and beat WKU. Everything else is just Kool-Aid.
Had enough of the Kool-Aid after 2014.

“Winning”, not just against FCS patsies and CUSA bottom feeders to be bowl eligible is the only “innovation” to make me want to buy season tickets again. Win the league and beat WKU. Everything else is just Kool-Aid.
Had enough of the Kool-Aid after 2014.
Yeah, it's time we moved on from Kool-Aid straight to PGA (pure grain alcohol) Punch.

Taymar is the new company MT has partnered with to increase ticket sales. I don’t think it’s likely we will see a ton of old season ticket holders come back in the fold. I do expect we will likely end up with a lot of new corporate and group sales because of Taymar.

Our current AD spent his previous 20 years at South Carolina working his way up through their ticket office. Which further validates my statement that “WINNING” drives season ticket sales and fundraising…….not KoolAid.

Last edited:
Just wait until you have a robocall from A.I. McPhee.

I plan to.

I have a bunch of stuff this fall so I have to check the schedule and see if it makes sense to purchase a season ticket or individual tix.
I'm in same boat. Have two in college pulls me in all different directions. Next year for sure, one will have graduated by next season.

Reactions: ewglenn
I'm in same boat. Have two in college pulls me in all different directions. Next year for sure, one will have graduated by next season.

I'm definitely making the opener, and I'm coming into town for the Titans/Jets opener, so I'll likely be at WKU.

I have Nascar tix for Bristol, so the Duke game is out for me, and the wife and I always do an October trip somewhere, so Kennesaw is out.

And to be completely honest, by the time the November games roll around, I might or might not be interested enough to drive over from Knoxville, and I'm sure there will be single game tix available.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
I'm definitely making the opener, and I'm coming into town for the Titans/Jets opener, so I'll likely be at WKU.

I have Nascar tix for Bristol, so the Duke game is out for me, and the wife and I always do an October trip somewhere, so Kennesaw is out.

And to be completely honest, by the time the November games roll around, I might or might not be interested enough to drive over from Knoxville, and I'm sure there will be single game tix available.
I'll definitely be at any weeknight games and games when the other kid has away games.

It's my eldest's last semester, so I want to spend as much time as possible with her.

Got a crew of about 20 or so discussing our tailgate now for the home opener. Most haven’t been to a game (including myself) in 5+ years. “I’m pumped” “it’s going to be a fun season” are some comments im getting back. I think excitement is for sure higher than its been going into a season since ‘10 following the 10 win year.

Got a crew of about 20 or so discussing our tailgate now for the home opener. Most haven’t been to a game (including myself) in 5+ years. “I’m pumped” “it’s going to be a fun season” are some comments im getting back. I think excitement is for sure higher than its been going into a season since ‘10 following the 10 win year.
Yeah we will probably have around 20 at our tailgate for the opener. Most haven’t been to a game so we will try to convince them to come back. Should be a great environment.

Just so everyone knows, Kirksey and Rutledge Hall are undergoing major renovations now so the area between those won’t be used for tailgating the next two seasons. We usually setup in front of James Union for anyone that wants to stop by.

Yeah we will probably have around 20 at our tailgate for the opener. Most haven’t been to a game so we will try to convince them to come back. Should be a great environment.

Just so everyone knows, Kirksey and Rutledge Hall are undergoing major renovations now so the area between those won’t be used for tailgating the next two seasons. We usually setup in front of James Union for anyone that wants to stop by.
Can we still park in the grass right off the road in walnut grove?

Bought my season tix last week. Let's go BLUE!

BTW, Memphis can suck it. That craphole should be vaporized. I remember when they found pieces of a human body buried in a front yard like 4 houses down from the stadium the day we played them in 07. We were tailgating right down the street and could see all the yellow tape from where we were. Awesome place that toilet is.

Bought my season tix last week. Let's go BLUE!

BTW, Memphis can suck it. That craphole should be vaporized. I remember when they found pieces of a human body buried in a front yard like 4 houses down from the stadium the day we played them in 07. We were tailgating right down the street and could see all the yellow tape from where we were. Awesome place that toilet is.
Lol. You ain't wrong.
Memphis was a great place in the late 60s through the early 80s. The music scene was awesome, low crime and lots of entertainment. Nowadays the city is just complete crap and getting worse. The only value is their football team. The Tigers are really good.

Lol. You ain't wrong.
Memphis was a great place in the late 60s through the early 80s. The music scene was awesome, low crime and lots of entertainment. Nowadays the city is just complete crap and getting worse. The only value is their football team. The Tigers are really good.
I left the Memphis area over 25 years ago. Will never go back except for 1 or 2 football games and to run the St. Jude half-marathon in Dec. My cars haven’t been broken into since we moved to Middle TN from Germantown. Go figure. 😂

Last edited:
Speaking of Memphis, former MT Blue Raider defensive and special teams assistant, Joe Cauthen was hired to be a defensive analyst for the Tigers. I always felt he was one of Stock’s better hires before he started hiring his semi-retired buddies after 2014. That said, I’m still not crazy about Ryan bringing in Mitch Stewart as a Senior Offensive Analyst.

Speaking of Memphis, former MT Blue Raider defensive and special teams assistant, Joe Cauthen was hired to be a defensive analyst for the Tigers. I always felt he was one of Stock’s better hires before he started hiring his semi-retired buddies after 2014. That said, I’m still not crazy about Ryan bringing in Mitch Stewart as a Senior Offensive Analyst.
Kinda glad MTSU goes to Ole Miss and Memphis this year to an extent. Gives them a chance to go see kids in Memphis on those Friday nights with both games falling in the eval period

Reactions: ewglenn
Back in the good old days when the kids were little, we would be out there tailgating about 8:30 in the AM Too old and lazy for all that work now with the kids off to college themselves. we have a small group that plans to pre-game at a restaurant, then have a few beers in the Grove before heading into Floyd. If I am going to tailgate, then I am going to do it RIGHT, but it's just not worth the effort any more for this old man!

Back in the good old days when the kids were little, we would be out there tailgating about 8:30 in the AM Too old and lazy for all that work now with the kids off to college themselves. we have a small group that plans to pre-game at a restaurant, then have a few beers in the Grove before heading into Floyd. If I am going to tailgate, then I am going to do it RIGHT, but it's just not worth the effort any more for this old man!
I would love to do that but trying to convince everyone else to be as dumb as me is a major undertaking lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Hop45
I would love to do that but trying to convince everyone else to be as dumb as me is a major undertaking lol.
We only had a small group who would be out there all day. Most would show up about 3 PM for a 6:00 kickoff and then ask why we were closing up so early (5:00). You want to party longer, get your butt out there earlier! I'm not missing kickoff!

Reactions: ewglenn and MTTim
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT