ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Showing of hands.......

Got an email from some guy named Seth Thomas last week who says he’s the new “Director of Ticket Sales for Blue Raider Athletics” but he works for Taymar Sales U.?????
He’s not even listed in the Staff Directory for the Ticket Office Staff.

Subject line was “We Want You Back”.

I guess they’ve outsourced me. 😂

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Got an email from some guy named Seth Thomas last week who says he’s the new “Director of Ticket Sales for Blue Raider Athletics” but he works for Taymar Sales U.?????

They've outsourced us all. I see the benefit of using a company that tickets is what they do. Knowledge and ideas most individual schools don't think of, not to mention a larger reach.

At the same time, I can see how it would feel a bit impersonal especially when so many of us know or have known people in the AD/BRAA on a first name basis.

Credit to the new company though for using previous ticket holders and not just going after new blood.

Last edited:
They've outsourced us all. I see the benefit of using a company that tickets is what they do. Knowledge and ideas most individual schools don't think of, not to mention a larger reach.

At the same time, I can see how it would feel a bit impersonal especially when so many of us know or have known people in the AD/BRAA on a first name basis.

Credit to the new company though for using previous ticket holders and not just going after née blood.

“Winning”, not just against FCS patsies and CUSA bottom feeders to be bowl eligible is the only “innovation” to make me want to buy season tickets again. Win the league and beat WKU. Everything else is just Kool-Aid.
Had enough of the Kool-Aid after 2014.

“Winning”, not just against FCS patsies and CUSA bottom feeders to be bowl eligible is the only “innovation” to make me want to buy season tickets again. Win the league and beat WKU. Everything else is just Kool-Aid.
Had enough of the Kool-Aid after 2014.
Yeah, it's time we moved on from Kool-Aid straight to PGA (pure grain alcohol) Punch.

Taymar is the new company MT has partnered with to increase ticket sales. I don’t think it’s likely we will see a ton of old season ticket holders come back in the fold. I do expect we will likely end up with a lot of new corporate and group sales because of Taymar.

Our current AD spent his previous 20 years at South Carolina working his way up through their ticket office. Which further validates my statement that “WINNING” drives season ticket sales and fundraising…….not KoolAid.

Last edited:
Just wait until you have a robocall from A.I. McPhee.

I'm in same boat. Have two in college pulls me in all different directions. Next year for sure, one will have graduated by next season.

I'm definitely making the opener, and I'm coming into town for the Titans/Jets opener, so I'll likely be at WKU.

I have Nascar tix for Bristol, so the Duke game is out for me, and the wife and I always do an October trip somewhere, so Kennesaw is out.

And to be completely honest, by the time the November games roll around, I might or might not be interested enough to drive over from Knoxville, and I'm sure there will be single game tix available.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
I'm definitely making the opener, and I'm coming into town for the Titans/Jets opener, so I'll likely be at WKU.

I have Nascar tix for Bristol, so the Duke game is out for me, and the wife and I always do an October trip somewhere, so Kennesaw is out.

And to be completely honest, by the time the November games roll around, I might or might not be interested enough to drive over from Knoxville, and I'm sure there will be single game tix available.
I'll definitely be at any weeknight games and games when the other kid has away games.

It's my eldest's last semester, so I want to spend as much time as possible with her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT