ADVERTISEMENT

Saban Retiring

MidTennMtneer

All American
Nov 13, 2013
There's gonna be some shuffling now for sure. I've always said Kiffin is heir apparent.

Man had a hell of a run for sure. Hate him or not, dude could coach and was a different breed. I think with the way the game is changing and just making the playoffs, now is the right time.

Totally agree. Time to bring on Lane, along with most of a great recruiting class from Ole Misc.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'm surprised, I figured he would want to go out on top, and could do it next year. Hope everything's alright and he just wants to enjoy life instead of grind and kiss ass of 18 years old.

You'd have to pay me obscene money to leave anywhere to take that job.

No mere mortal is going to be able to sustain what Saban built, and that fan base is going to eat the next guy alive.

Never follow a legend, be the guy after the next guy.
That's exactly why they'll go after someone who has been in the Saban School for Rehabbing Coaches. Money won't stop them from buyouts.

Stockstill is available
Not sure Bama is ready for basketball on grass.

It does put Bama in a tough situation due to the timing. A lot of coach reshuffling has already happened. For sure they will look at Kiffin and he will at least show interest to get more money from either Bama or OM. Total sleaze. Do they look to an NFL coach? Vrabel?

That's exactly why they'll go after someone who has been in the Saban School for Rehabbing Coaches. Money won't stop them from buyouts.
If it's not Lanning, Sark, or Kiffin, I'll be shocked.

And if I'm those 3, I'm staying where I'm at. All 3 can pay close to what I'm getting paid where I'm currently at (and I don't have to follow a legend).

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Interesting take by Coach Prime...

WOW! College Football just lost the GOAT to retirement. WOW! I knew it would happen 1 day soon but not this soon. The game has change so much that it chased the GOAT away. College football let's hold up our mirrors and say HONESTLY what u see.

It's interesting to me that coaches and fans are largely in alignment - something you don't usually see - in how college football is being ruined by forces of greed and power.

good post mt01. I can't believe how bad college ball has fallen. when I talk to strong SEC fan/guys and their response over Christmas is that the bowls mean nothing anymore, it is over

I hope the tide fall out of the top 25 for a long while. I had large grins around the time Mike Price was the coach and the best news out of Tuscaloosa was "It's rolling baby, it's rolling!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT