ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Recruiting Target: Caught up with Macie Phifer

I spoke with Phifer:

She is a sophomore and a class of 2025 prospect...

Talked to her:
- Guard at Ingomar HS in Mississippi

- Was "extremely excited and grateful to receive offer."

- On recent visit: "I visited MTSU in February and I loved it! I will definitely be back!!"

- " Right now I’m open to all options but, I really loved Middle Tennessee!"

- Averages 16.9 points per game and 7.5 boards a game

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Great that you were able to talk to her. She is a tall guard/wing already, and would be a great fit for us and the system it sounds like. Hopefully getting in early with a high major offer like ours (realistically, we are a high major in WBB) will have an impact. Close by, too, being from Mississippi. Thank you for the update!!

Reactions: MTFAN61
One of the things that makes Matt a very successful recruiter. When you combine a successful program with extremely early interest without backing off, it makes for a very competitive recruiting package even against the "so called" major D1 schools. This format is what's brought Jada to MT next year. Matt outrecruited SEC schools including Tennessee for her by not waiting till her senior year. He may not get everyone he wants, but he sure gets his fair share.

Great that you were able to talk to her. She is a tall guard/wing already, and would be a great fit for us and the system it sounds like. Hopefully getting in early with a high major offer like ours (realistically, we are a high major in WBB) will have an impact. Close by, too, being from Mississippi. Thank you for the update!!
Agreed. 17 Ppg as a sophomore is impressive

One of the things that makes Matt a very successful recruiter. When you combine a successful program with extremely early interest without backing off, it makes for a very competitive recruiting package even against the "so called" major D1 schools. This format is what's brought Jada to MT next year. Matt outrecruited SEC schools including Tennessee for her by not waiting till her senior year. He may not get everyone he wants, but he sure gets his fair share.
Absolutely agreed. Matt is a tremendous recruiter. I believe he also had a hand in getting Anastasiia here, if I'm remembering correctly.

The other advantage to that is even if we don't get them out of high school, if things don't work and they wind up in the portal, they remember that initial relationship and we can grab them that way. I've seen that happen several times in football especially.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT