ADVERTISEMENT

Raider Roundup Mailbag: Ep 2

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
Hey all!

Garrett and I will be recording episode 2 of the Raider Roundup this FRIDAY.

We want to hear from you guys on these moving forward. We'll carve out time for a mailbag segment on every episode.

So...Feel free to ask any and everything you want here and we'll make sure we touch on it during the podcast!

Fire away!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
How is basketball recruiting looking for the 2018 season? Do we seem to be garnering the attention of a higher profile player?

Based on what I have seen we are getting "in on" more players with higher "star" ratings than in previous years. Time will tell if we sign any of them.

I assume if we offer a player we think we have a chance for him, even if the chance is slim (you rarely see us offering players we obviously can't get, even with a local or MT connection - as an example I never saw us having offered 5 Star UK signee P J Washington even though both his parents played BkB at MT - he blew up before we had a chance to offer from what I heard).

Of course, offering higher profile players means little if you can't sign a few of them. We offered a dozen players with above a 2 star rating (according to VerbalCommits.com and their composite rating system - not infallible) and yet we signed none of them, every player we signed had a 2 star rating (the minimum given), not there are not a couple of them I'm anxious to see on the floor. Of course, the late addition Alabama transfer King had a 4 star rating out of high school but it's debatable whether or not this first Graduate Sr. transfer at MT should be counted as being in The "17" class.

Last edited:
Thanks Space. Yeah, Garrett has some family things going on right now. We're looking to record early next week now. Monday or Tuesday.

So... Just a little extra time to get some questions in!

On a sidenote, I'll be joining Chris Lee on his podcast tomorrow, so I'll be sure to link that up for you guys when it drops.

Any incoming freshman on the football team you can see earning playing time this year?

Reactions: C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT