ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Preseason #1

Middle Tennessee has been voted by the league's 11 head coaches as the preseason favorite to win the 2022-23 Conference USA women's basketball regular season championship. The league announced Wednesday, Louisiana Tech's Keiunna Walker was named the Preseason Player of the Year and headlines the conference's 10 Preseason All-Conference honorees.

Middle Tennessee tallied nine first-place votes and finished with a total of 118 points. Rick Insell heads into his 18th season as the winningest head coach in Lady Raiders program history and returns four starters from last year’s squad that finished second in the East with a 14-4 record. Senior Savannah Wheeler, a two-time All-Conference USA honoree, transfers to Middle Tennessee after leading C-USA with 20.2 points-per-game at Marshall a season ago. Wheeler lands herself on the Preseason All-Conference Team along with redshirt senior Kseniya Malashka and senior Courtney Whitson. Malashka, who was named the 2021-22 Sixth Player of the Year, returns after averaging 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds last season, while Whitson averaged 12.4 points and 7.3 rebounds....

I certainly understand the politics of spreading the wealth, but for Boldyreva to not get a sniff as a preseason all conference pick is stunning. Is there a better center in CUSA? Obviously not, so this conference must be loaded with upcoming WNBA forwards & guards

I certainly understand the politics of spreading the wealth, but for Boldyreva to not get a sniff as a preseason all conference pick is stunning. Is there a better center in CUSA? Obviously not, so this conference must be loaded with upcoming WNBA forwards & guards
I couldn't agree with you more. That said, while she contributed throughout the year last year, she didn't become a dominant force until the end of the season. And while I am dissapointed to not see her name today, I kind of like it too because we know the player she can be. Now, she can have a chip on her shoulder. Make 'em pay Anastasia! I think she could be POY before it's over.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT