ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Pre-Game broadcast yesterday?

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Were any of you able to listen to the pre-game for yesterday's men's game. I can't listen to an over-the-air station (thanks to whoever took the games off of 89.5) and have to stream the broadcast.
Yesterday I tried the GoBlueRaiders.com link which said the broadcast would begin at 2:30 (normal for a 30 minute pre-game) and nothing but dead air although the Rosco Brown and Accend commercials played perfectly) Tried the 102.5 link to 94.9 (apparently 95.1 doesn't stream) and they had other programming as did WGNS.
After trying for the entire 30 minutes the pre-game should have been on finally Chip and Turnam came on about 3 minutes before the game started. They acted as if the broadcast was beginning normally and made no mention of the delay or lack of pre-game.
Muted the sound, watched the game, then listened to the post-game normally.
Posters, listening to MT FB and BkK broadcasts have been appointment listening when I'm not at a game for decades. I try to listen to the pre and post game broadcast even if the game is on TV.
Who is in charge in Murphy center? Who checks to see if the broadcast is going out as promoted?
Do they give a flying ---- about fans like me?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Maybe I don’t understand the relationship between media and school disciplines but why outsource something we claim to have one of the best programs in - mass communications. Why couldn’t that be a Schtick for a class or club.

we could use young people at university the helm for this stuff. Is there not a tenured professor that already is getting paid well not step up and sponsor such a thing?

They already have a product to cover. It is out there that needs new ideas and talent.

It is ridiculous and frustrating. I am not sure who decides who gets the air waves but yesterday I was listening to the men's game while driving to the women's. Then the men's broadcast stopped and the women's pre game came on WGNS. Don't get me wrong. I love the Lady Raiders but I am curious as to who chooses what game is on? My thought would be air the away game but obviously we aren't dealing with people who use logic to make decisions.

Sadly, on other occasions, I can listen to either game on the radio, yet when I am out of the car and switch to the live stream, something other than basketball is on.

I am old school too and want to hit a button to listen to the game. Jumping through hoops to tune in is ridiculous. If it were consistent maybe I would get used to it and adapt. But these days you never know when or where you can find it.

Even more frustrating is the powers that be don't seem to care......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT