ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Pitcher commitment

Once again, I find it amazing (and upsetting) that 4 of the top 5 mid-state high school pitchers on this list have signed/committed to the school on West End. More astounding is that they are all able to get into this highly academically challenging school (snark intended).

If you wonder why MT BB is struggling look no further. Before Corbin arrived at VU MT got a reasonable percentage of the mid-state talent. No more.

Can't say that I blame them. Vandy has played for the national title the last two years winning 1 of them. 2 of the 3 American league Cy young award finalists last year were Vandy alums. The #1 pick in the MLB draft was from Vandy. Right now the allure of playing for a national championship contender and possibly getting drafted pretty high is a huge selling point

Once again, I find it amazing (and upsetting) that 4 of the top 5 mid-state high school pitchers on this list have signed/committed to the school on West End. More astounding is that they are all able to get into this highly academically challenging school (snark intended).

If you wonder why MT BB is struggling look no further. Before Corbin arrived at VU MT got a reasonable percentage of the mid-state talent. No more.
They are struggling because of Coach McGuire. There is a reason why he was a lifelong assistant. Great person, good assitant coach, players love him but just not cut out to run a program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT