ADVERTISEMENT

Our way out?

yes i do know what i'm talking about. been at many FBS practices and non of the QC guys are on the field coaching. believe what you want to believe. but is he had a an offer as an OC/QB coach why would he take WR job....???
Jeff Scott comfirmed it in a tweet. He's the HC at USF so he would know. LOL. Some people.

To be real, it's not about Brent for me...I like the kid. It's just the process of how things are being handled and no one is being held accountable. I'm glad I don't live in TN and paying taxes to fund this turd show at 1301 E Main St. This university needs a reality show....paging Andy Cohen
Doesn't matter. He's hired and he's coaching and there ain't sh!t you can do. LOL. Phil Williams is a joke and no one is listening to him. No one watches TV anymore except old people and they don't care.

Doesn't matter. He's hired and he's coaching and there ain't sh!t you can do. LOL. Phil Williams is a joke and no one is listening to him. No one watches TV anymore except old people and they don't care.

who has confirmed he is coaching, who said this is over?? you are goober...for believing everything you read. Oh it's on the internet so it must be true.

To be real, it's not about Brent for me...I like the kid. It's just the process of how things are being handled and no one is being held accountable. I'm glad I don't live in TN and paying taxes to fund this turd show at 1301 E Main St. This university needs a reality show....paging Andy Cohen
I live in Wisconsin now where my taxes are ridiculously higher and I would much rather pay TN taxes even to fund this. I think the hire was good, but the process was terrible. I understand it is done a lot, but this was easily avoidable.

Reactions: mtfblue and C-Bow
I just watched the nepotism piece for the first time this morning on News Channel 5 Weekend morning show. Gotta give Phil credit, he can take a pretty much “non-issue” and spin it like an embezzling or fraud scheme. 😂😂

It is kind of amazing that MT rubber stamps a president’s contract renewal in the time of #metoo given his track record without a media footnote ( see Les Miles’s suspension at Kansas for something at LSU 8 years ago), but we break an internal policy that is common practice across the country to hire someone who 99% thinks is a smart/good hire, and it’s an all out war.

What am I missing here? Everyone is spitting fire at Phil Williams when he is doing his best to make our dream of getting rid of Stockstill come true. To me, he is doing more to make our program better than Massaro or McPhee ever have.

I know none of it will work, but I do appreciate all of his effort.

More intriguing to me was a quiet Tommy West during what was shown of the Zoom Interview in stark contrast to his last press conference rant on 11/9/2009 at Memphis. 😂😂

What am I missing here? Everyone is spitting fire at Phil Williams when he is doing his best to make our dream of getting rid of Stockstill come true. To me, he is doing more to make our program better than Massaro or McPhee ever have.

I wouldnt piss on Phil Williams if he was on fire but I do applaud him for this effort to unknowingly help our cause.

Cronyism and nepotism have brought our football program to its knees. It’s not just the hire and if they are qualified, it’s the perception, thoughts, temperature, of the current staff who find themselves on the outside of the inner circle. That’s why most organizations are against it and have it stated in their bylaws/rules/standards. Because it will destroy them from the inside. The whole system has been broken for some time. Just have to look at the product on the field to see it. Glad someone is finally calling bs on it.

who has confirmed he is coaching, who said this is over?? you are goober...for believing everything you read. Oh it's on the internet so it must be true.
It's over dumba$$. Spring ball training is already here. This is a non issue. Phil Williams is a moron and you are too for believing everything you watch on the boob tube.

And for the record, I'm not pro CRS at all but y'all are dreaming if you think this gets him canned. If 16 years of whatever doesn't do it, this sure as hell won't.

ok....Clemson south Carolina tweet, it's not like he wouldn't stretch the truth either....some people
Stupid comment. Why would he lie? What does Jeff Scott have to gain by tweeting it if it didn't happen? What's your beef with Brent? The kid has more talent than his daddy ever did. IMO he is already a better caoch than CRS. Glad he's here.

First of all, it's a lame piece of reporting. Secondly, they had to play the race card because he had no real meat in his article. It was a superficial piece. NO ONE is talking about it except us. No one.

Sorry. No new coach this year. You have to hope they don't win. For 5 more years. At least.

It's over dumba$$. Spring ball training is already here. This is a non issue. Phil Williams is a moron and you are too for believing everything you watch on the boob tube.
dumbass...your an internet tough guy, because I know damn well you wouldn't say that shit to my face. punkass ass bitch. you better ask about me before you call me names.

dumbass...your an internet tough guy, because I know damn well you wouldn't say that shit to my face. punkass ass bitch. you better ask about me before you call me names.

II'll say that to your face. No problem here. How bout this? $500.00 says Brent and CRS are standing on the sideline in the fall. I'll take your money and I'll call you a dumba$$ as I collect it. You'll feel like one anyway so it won't matter. Now that's a fair deal. You get to prove your point or I get to prove mine.

The story is weak sauce and has already been dismissed. Massaro knows the rules and knows how to get around them. Right or wrong, they've done this before many times. Hell, we have like 4 sets of father and sons coaching here now. UT has more. Auburn did it. Lane Kiffin did it and and tons of other schools have as well. Right or wrong, they know how to do this so there's nothing to come of it.

Plus, Brent might be better than his dad. All things are pointing to that thus far. We totally upgraded over Silvoy. His knowledge base is already better. Brent Dearmon has said as much in his interviews. Brent was the first of the offensive coaches to pick up his new language and knew how to design plays with it already. If he wasn't qualified at all, he sure as hell couldn't do that.

I don't blame CRS for doing it before Dearmon could get into place. We didn't have the time to wait. Our 2 top receivers were leaving. Ali already hit the portal. Brent went and got em back. Who else could have done that? I don't like CRS much at all but this was a great hire.

We're gonna be fine dude. Just chill. Sheesh. It's just MT ball. We're the only ones that even care. What? We gonna beat the hell out of each other in a parking lot over this? Really? LOL.

Last edited:

Brad gets it :)

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
II'll say that to your face. No problem here. How bout this? $500.00 says Brent and CRS are standing on the sideline in the fall. I'll take your money and I'll call you a dumba$$ as I collect it. You'll feel like one anyway so it won't matter. Now that's a fair deal. You get to prove your point or I get to prove mine.

The story is weak sauce and has already been dismissed. Massaro knows the rules and knows how to get around them. Right or wrong, they've done this before many times. Hell, we have like 4 sets of father and sons coaching here now. UT has more. Auburn did it. Lane Kiffin did it and and tons of other schools have as well. Right or wrong, they know how to do this so there's nothing to come of it.

Plus, Brent might be better than his dad. All things are pointing to that thus far. We totally upgraded over Silvoy. His knowledge base is already better. Brent Dearmon has said as much in his interviews. Brent was the first of the offensive coaches to pick up his new language and knew how to design plays with it already. If he wasn't qualified at all, he sure as hell couldn't do that.

I don't blame CRS for doing it before Dearmon could get into place. We didn't have the time to wait. Our 2 top receivers were leaving. Ali already hit the portal. Brent went and got em back. Who else could have done that? I don't like CRS much at all but this was a great hire.

We're gonna be fine dude. Just chill. Sheesh. It's just MT ball. We're the only ones that even care. What? We gonna beat the hell out of each other in a parking lot over this? Really? LOL.
[/QUOTE

Let's say I just whip your ass and give you 500 for you deductible. you must've got your job fro

Reactions: MIDTENN05
I find it troubling when these discussions escalate to threats of physical altercations between fans of our beloved institution of higher learning. I thought I had finally gotten away from this type of 901 behavior.

you can't talk smack to anyone and get disrespectful and not expect a reaction.

People that tell you they’re going to whip your ass aren’t scary.
The ones that will actually do it won’t say a word about it before hand.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
Not trying to be scary, just stating facts.

I grew up with a guy who was very muscular and had MMA training. He never took lip from anyone. In HS, I saw him whip 3 guys at once, 2 were future marines and already fit the look. In 1999, he met a guy at a house party in NC that disrespected him. Little nobody that is just annoying. He started to walk away, but the other guy said something that made him turn around, say he would kick the other guy’s arse and he took to steps toward the little loud mouth. On the second step, the little smartass shouted “I’m scared for my life!” & pulled his conceal carry. I worked at the funeral home when we buried the guy from my hometown.

I learned then, there is nothing a random person can say that deserves more than me telling them their crazy. I have been called a lot of things, some probably well deserved and by people I could drop like a bad habit (in my youth). Besides the kid we buried, I have seen bats, knives, & guns pulled over silly comments and a strong guy get gang beat by 5 little guys. Sometimes facts are better left unsaid and sometimes it’s better to just let it go.

Last edited:
I grew up with a guy who was a very muscular guy with MMA training. He never took lip from anyone. In HS, I saw him whipped 3 guys at once, 2 were future marines and already fit the look. In 1999, he met a guy at a house party in NC that disrespected him. Little nobody that is just annoying. He started to walk away, but the other guy said some that made him turn around, say he would kick the other guy’s arse and he took to steps toward the little loud mouth. On the second step, the little smartass shouted “I’m scared for my life!” & pulled his conceal carry. I worked at the funeral home when we buried him.

I learned then, there is nothing a random person can say that deserves more than me telling them their crazy. I have been called a lot of things, some probably well deserved and by people I could drop like a bad habit (in my youth). Besides the kid we buried, I have seen bats, knives, & guns pulled over silly comments and a strong guy get gang beat by 5 little guys. Sometimes facts are better left unsaid and sometimes it’s better to just let it go.
Also excellent advice for while driving. Crazy times we live in now.

Not trying to be scary, just stating facts.
Me too bro. I ain't worried. Not in the least but I really don't have a problem with you and you did call me a name first if you check but I'm cool. If you want that bet though, we can do it. I like $500. I have punched a few people in the mouth when I was in my teens and early 20's. Now in my late 40's, I like to hit em in the wallet. It usually hurts a hell of a lot more. It's a friendly bet though. :)

Phil Williams has about as much journalism power as I do. Whether you like it or not, Brent ain't going anywhere and unfortunately, neither is Rick. At the end of the day, that's what we were discussing.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Bow and mtfblue
Best thread in a long time, love the passion. More fight in our posters than the basketball team right now.

Hiring brent was a bad move. Disagree with me and I’ll fight you!

Anyone who doesn’t like it should meet you by pond across N Rutherford west of campus at midnight.

Speaking of that pond, did anyone else take the class, Fishing and Casting Techniques? That was my favorite class at MT to meet the PE requirements.

Anyone who doesn’t like it should meet you by pond across N Rutherford west of campus at midnight.

Speaking of that pond, did anyone else take the class, Fishing and Casting Techniques? That was my favorite class at MT to meet the PE requirements.

Yup I did. And didn't fish one time. Rained a bunch and we spent the entire time in one of the lower gyms casting at bullseye boards. Kinda sucked actually. After that I took bowling. Maybe we should shoot for having those sports.

Yup I did. And didn't fish one time. Rained a bunch and we spent the entire time in one of the lower gyms casting at bullseye boards. Kinda sucked actually. After that I took bowling. Maybe we should shoot for having those sports.

Those were 2 of my 3 PE classes as well.
IIRC, there were 1 or 2 fish caught my semester.

My favorite class was coaching football where I witnessed Dwight Dasher cheat on the final exam. What was the final you ask? Simply explaining what 5 different position players were responsible for.

Dwight straight up asked a lineman what he did. And yes, he was serious 😂. Can’t make that up..

Best thread in a long time, love the passion. More fight in our posters than the basketball team right now.

Hiring brent was a bad move. Disagree with me and I’ll fight you!
500.00 says you're wrong. LOL. No seriously. Let's go. :)

My favorite class was coaching football where I witnessed Dwight Dasher cheat on the final exam. What was the final you ask? Simply explaining what 5 different position players were responsible for.

Dwight straight up asked a lineman what he did. And yes, he was serious 😂. Can’t make that up..
Uh, yeah. I totally believe that. He was dumb as a bag of hammers. Cheaters never prosper though. He's in jail now.

Wait, that was a class? DANG IT. How did I miss that?

Wait, that was a class? DANG IT. How did I miss that?

I took it in like 99 or 2000. It met one of the 2 PE requirements.

At least when I took coaching football they let us take the test "open study guide." (This amazing study guide was the test with the answers.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT