ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a way to do a poll here?

BRaiderDave

All American
Jul 26, 2005
I'd like to take a poll so that the general feelings of what's left of the MT fanbase can be easily quantified. Ask everyone to be completely honest. Ask the following questions:

1) How many were donors or members of the BRAA in the past but no longer donate
2) How many were season ticket holders in the past but are no longer
3) How many would begin donating and buying season tickets if a change in FB head coach takes place?

These are just the questions I came up with. Additional suggestions requested.

On #3, I probably need more than that. It might depend on who they hire. And what the contract looks like. M&M leading the charge might ensure even if #3 happens I still may not come back. Even if McDeviit turns BB around this year and wins a championship, they could have paid him several hundred thousand less than he was offered. There was no reason to bring him in at Kermit's rate.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have paid someone at that rate. But at the time Nick wasn't worth that. It just goes to show what you can probably expect from those two hiring a football coach. It will probably look pretty stupid. And I'm quite confident instead of hiring an up and comer they would hire a long time position coach from an SEC school. I have no doubt they will botch it. So, you might need either an extra question or rephrase #3.

I broke 1800 days yesterday.

Yes, to all three.

My late wife and I are graduates. I have a kid that attends Middle now. She's enjoying Greek life but said there is a reason no one goes to games.

Yes, to all three.

My late wife and I are graduates. I have a kid that attends Middle now. She's enjoying Greek life but said there is a reason no one goes to games.
What’s that reason? I’m sure I know but just so we’re clear.

Yes to all three except season tickets on #3 as I am no longer local, but I would donate again.

Yes to 1. I am this year but have already informed Hans I will not be renewing until changes are made.

No to 2 as I live to far away, although that is a retirement goal.

Yes to 3, with caveats. As MT01 said it will depend on the hire. CM tends to want to hire coaches who will stay. As a G5/mid major we don't want that. You have a coach hired away, you hire another one. Their first contract with MT so it's a low buyout if it doesn't work. Hire again. This keep a coach for years just does nothing but keep things middle of the road. You go after a young power coordinator, a FCS WINNING coach, or someone troubled but proven like Kiffin was with FAU. No more position coaches and for Pete's sake the country is bigger than the Carolinas.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Yes, to 1 and 2.

3. I have the same opinion as the others. It depends. In actuality, I probably won't donate or buy season tickets untill McPhee, Masarro, and Stockstill are gone. I joined the BRAA a few years after I graduated but stopped giving after being disillusioned with the coaching, like so many others. Now, I'm in the position to give much more than what I could when I first graduated, but I don't give anything. How many others are out there like me?

1) I am currently a donor but I’m not renewing until changes are made

2) I was planning to buy season tickets next season but will not until changes are made. I will probably attend 2-3 games per year though.

3) I would immediately donate and buy season tickets if there was a change in coaching. Donation size would depend on who they hired to replace Stock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT