ADVERTISEMENT

OT: who you rooting for in NFL playoffs

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
Obviously four left. Give me Ravens and Lions…Can’t tolerate the TS coverage if KC goes to Super Bowl

Reactions: Hop45
I have the Ravens and Lions with the Ravens winning the SB.
Hopefully before next season Travis dumps her.

The Chiefs, if not the Chiefs the Lions. If it ends up Ravens vs 49ers in the Super Bowl I guess I will have to kind of pull for the 49ers, yuk!

Well going with the conspiracy Super Bowl logo theory, it will be the Ravens and 49ers, with SF winning.

Personally I'm pulling for the Lions. Feel good story and I despise the 49ers (I'm a Cowboys fan) and have despised the Ravens since their Ray Lewis days.

I could care less about the Chiefs and TS. Don't blame them for milking it for all it's worth.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
A fan of the teams with MT players. Definitely not a fan of Taylor Swift. If it can't be a team with a Blue Raider connection, I'll be okay with the Lions.
lol on the flip side, Jason Kelce photo bombing TS while shotgunning a beer with his shirt off was hilarious

Reactions: ewglenn
There are few things more entertaining than the grown men who are "so tired of Taylor Swift" and yet cannot stop talking about her...

In a final four lacking my team or any of their rivals, casually rooting for the Ravens, looking forward to the Lamar haters moving the goalposts once again if he gets two more wins.

Failing that, I'm basically even split between the storylines of Mahomes further cementing his legacy with a third ring and long suffering Lions fans getting a Super Bowl.

Comparatively speaking, Mr. Irrelevant to Super Bowl Champion does the least for me, but it's a decent story.

There are few things more entertaining than the grown men who are "so tired of Taylor Swift" and yet cannot stop talking about her...

It's not that we're tired of Taylor Swift, it's just that we don't want any of her.

If you order a cheeseburger at your favorite restaurant, and instead they bring you a can of green beans, you have every right to complain.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Are any of you girl dads? I've been dealing with Taylor for well over a decade and have taken my oldest to a concert. Seeing her on TV is much better for me. I don't mind that at all compared to what I've dealt with before. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: ewglenn and Hop45
Are any of you girl dads? I've been dealing with Taylor for well over a decade and have taken my oldest to a concert. Seeing her on TV is much better for me. I don't mind that at all compared to what I've dealt with before. 🤣

Nope. I didn't even know she was still a thing until I had to book a hotel in Nashville last May during "Taylor Swift Weekend" and ended up having to stay in Cookeville.

I'm not the target demographic though. Unless she's opening up for Iron Maiden, my life is blissfully Taylor Swift free.

How manu of you guys have sit through a Hanson concert with 25k girls screaming?

• Haha
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Every time we’re listening to music I get asked from my 6 year old “can we listen to Taylor Swift?” I might lose my man card but I actually don’t mind it too bad lol.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
It's not that we're tired of Taylor Swift, it's just that we don't want any of her.

If you order a cheeseburger at your favorite restaurant, and instead they bring you a can of green beans, you have every right to complain.

Except you aren't getting a can of green beans instead of a cheeseburger.

You're looking at green beans for a fraction of the total time you're eating your cheeseburger. She's on screen for 20-30 seconds a game.

Reactions: THEBLUERAIDER
Except you aren't getting a can of green beans instead of a cheeseburger.

You're looking at green beans for a fraction of the total time you're eating your cheeseburger. She's on screen for 20-30 seconds a game.

Why do I have to be force fed any green beans at all? I turned on a football game. If I want Swift content, i know exactly where to find it. Why is she treated any differently than any of the other 68,000 fans in the stadium? Unless she's suiting up and kicking i.e. Kathy Ireland, I can come up with no valid reason that she's on my TV during a football game at all.

To be completely fair to them, the NFL toned it down in a big way last night. If you remember the Chiefs-Jets national TV game from earlier in the season, it was literally every series and every single commercial break cut to Swift in the press box. Chiefs do anything, cut to Swift. Kelce does anything, cut to Swift...........

As a Jets fan, it's bad enough I have to suffer through actual Jets games. Add in Taylor Swift, and it became nauseating.

Why do I have to be force fed any green beans at all? I turned on a football game. If I want Swift content, i know exactly where to find it. Why is she treated any differently than any of the other 68,000 fans in the stadium? Unless she's suiting up and kicking i.e. Kathy Ireland, I can come up with no valid reason that she's on my TV during a football game at all.

To be completely fair to them, the NFL toned it down in a big way last night. If you remember the Chiefs-Jets national TV game from earlier in the season, it was literally every series and every single commercial break cut to Swift in the press box. Chiefs do anything, cut to Swift. Kelce does anything, cut to Swift...........

As a Jets fan, it's bad enough I have to suffer through actual Jets games. Add in Taylor Swift, and it became nauseating.
100% get that. It's all about $ and eyeballs though to the NFL, and showing her has brought more eyeballs. A different demographic that allows for other advertisers. More $. Her tour has raked in over $1 billion in ticket sales and as said above with hotels, she brings in millions to the city's economy when she is in town.

There are very few people out there that can bring about those dollars, so I don't blame the NFL for milking the cash cow.
As long as she keeps bringing what is essentially revenue to the NFL and the networks with zero investment, they'll keep showing her. I mean American Airlines created a round trip ticket from KC to LV just for the game. Named flights 1989 for her album and 87 for Kelce's number. People will fly just for that reason.

We are stuck with her. Football fans and girl dads alike.

"Nauseating" 🙄

Shake it off.

"Nauseating" 🙄

Shake it off.
Understand Captain America GIF

• Haha
Every time we’re listening to music I get asked from my 6 year old “can we listen to Taylor Swift?” I might lose my man card but I actually don’t mind it too bad lol.

I mean - pretty clear from your time here you lost it a long time ago or kinda never had one in the first place.

• Haha
I know Dan Campbell considers himself the Alpha Male who rebuilt the Lions. But sometimes Alpha Males are Alpha Morons.
If I was the owner, with the Super Bowl apparently being a total lock I don't know if I wouldn't be firing Campbell today.

I know Dan Campbell considers himself the Alpha Male who rebuilt the Lions. But sometimes Alpha Males are Alpha Morons.
If I was the owner, with the Super Bowl apparently being a total lock I don't know if I wouldn't be firing Campbell today.
It wasn't just him though. Sure the going for it on 4th was a bad call in the 4th qtr. Always 20/20. But there were some bad plays too.

After the turnover on downs in the 3rd, the very next play, that bounce off of Vildor's helmet catch that Aiyuk made should've been an INT. At the minimum incomplete. That totally shifted the momentum as the 49ers scored three plays later. 24-17 now.

After that Gibbs fumbled and the 49ers recovered leading to another TD. 24-24.

Then came the infamous should've kicked to tie instead of going for it. That is on Campbell but Goff still didn't make the right throw.

Then on the next Niners drive, CMC ran 3 times for over 30yds. He only ran for 90 the entire game. They didn't stop him. Lions now down 24-34.

Sure he blew it with that call, but he wasn't the only one during the game. And if he'd have gone for the kick and it missed, then we'd be saying he should've kept the offense on the field.

Bunch of dropped passes by the Lions too. Polar opposite halves by both teams.

In fairness, anyone who considers themselves an "Alpha male" is a moron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT