ADVERTISEMENT

OL Help Coming?

I like the hiring of these young, and assumably hungry position coaches. So many in the profession are just looking for a break, for a coach that will give them an opportunity to be a D1 position coach. I know someone who has been waiting 20+ years for that break, and still can't crack a D1 position coach offer (Currently a position coach at the FCS level). And it's not for a lack of talent, intelligence, or work ethic. These opportunities are just flat out scarce and hard to come by.

Mason is providing that opportunity for some of these position coach guys he's bringing on board. I'm sure they understand the significance and importance of the opportunity they've been afforded.

It's time to go to work.

See, yet another great example of connecting with the fans. He gives no details of what type or who he is looking at. But it says we are looking, we are trying, etc. Just knowing we have a staff member there. We probably always have, but it being posted is new and welcomed.

That kid is 100% going power 5 and might even be a blue chip prospect as long as he watches that belly.
Probably but the only hope Middle has with local P5 talent whether it be when they sign in HS or possibly later in the transfer portal is to at least show they're important. If nothing else, you make a good impression on a program that churns out FBS lineman on both sides of the ball regularly.

Oakland has a TE going to Liberty and a LB going to Toledo, neither had offers from Middle

I don't disagree. Certainly worth throwing an offer out there and letting him know we'd love to have him.

Probably but the only hope Middle has with local P5 talent whether it be when they sign in HS or possibly later in the transfer portal is to at least show they're important. If nothing else, you make a good impression on a program that churns out FBS lineman on both sides of the ball regularly.

Oakland has a TE going to Liberty and a LB going to Toledo, neither had offers from Middle
Same for Duce Hewitt (TE to Liberty). He is in CDMs list to try and win.

See, yet another great example of connecting with the fans. He gives no details of what type or who he is looking at. But it says we are looking, we are trying, etc. Just knowing we have a staff member there. We probably always have, but it being posted is new and welcomed.
The optics are important... Telling the fans that we are working hard to recruit.

They don't have to sign everyone on the 20th, they can take there time and bring guys in early January and still be ready for spring. That way you can use the dead period to keep evaluating who is left and can help the team.

Curtis looked like he was happy to see CDM, so maybe there is a relationship there from HS recruiting where we might keep him here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT