ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Official: Cam Weston out for the year with a torn ACL.

I know coach hasn't played him any this year, but now is the time for Tre Green to assist at the guard positions. Didn't Jalen Jordan run point at times when he 1st arrived? Been so long can't fully recall.

Huge blow! Cam is one if the few players on this team that can get to the basket and is a good defense player. I think with him out we will only win about 16 games max this year. This team is lacking scorers that can go get a basket and our post players suck. Hope I'm wrong.

The freshman might be our best post and he didn't even play 2nd half vs SFA.

I know coach hasn't played him any this year, but now is the time for Tre Green to assist at the guard positions. Didn't Jalen Jordan run point at times when he 1st arrived? Been so long can't fully recall.
He’s a pseudo PG, not really a true one. He’s a solid passer but doesn’t really get in the lane enough to make a ton of plays for others. He was third in assists in both his second year at St. Francis Brooklyn and his first year here.

I don’t think we’ll see a complete collapse because McDevitt’s teams are always so balanced but the team will have to re-strategize who they want to be. They don’t have a great one-for-one replacement for Cam but do have depth at the guard and wing spot that are capable of playing bigger roles than they were probably expected to.

Porter just became the most important player on the team and it’s not really close. He will determine how much of the offensive ceiling can be salvaged. Regardless, defense will have to carry the team even more of the load than it was expected to before.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Not passing judgment just yet. Agree Porter's importance just increased significantly. If the coaches can get him to do one thing by passing first instead of shooting first we still have good potential this year. Porter may not be as athletic as Weston, but he did run a more controlled offense that helped get us back in the game against SFA.
That being said I hate the loss for the team, Weston was capable of very athletic plays. A positive for Porter I believe MT put out an article before the season sharing his improvement from last year including his shooting prowess. Once again a big if, but if coach can reign in his shoot 1st mentality we may like his more structured & less chaotic sloppy play at the point than what we saw prior to his arrival the other night.

Reactions: ewglenn
Green played very little last year.
I was curious to see what Jackson could do at this level. 5.2 assists last year.

Could not find anything but I only looked at maybe a dozen posts/topics.

Green played very little last year.
I was curious to see what Jackson could do at this level. 5.2 assists last year.

Could not find anything but I only looked at maybe a dozen posts/topics.
Jackson is supposed to be a great rebounder, & does most of his scoring around the paint. According to coach apparently recovering from an injury. Definitely could use the interior scoring ability.

Jackson is supposed to be a great rebounder, & does most of his scoring around the paint. According to coach apparently recovering from an injury. Definitely could use the interior scoring ability.
At the juco level, he seemed to do everything well except 3 point shooting. Maybe a point forward.
Any idea when he will be back?

Do you know what happened his first juco year in TN? Barely played in 2 games. You'd think he would have dominated there too. Although neither TN or MS are the top juco conferences.
Id bet he gets that year back but MTSU lists him as a Jr.

At the juco level, he seemed to do everything well except 3 point shooting. Maybe a point forward.
Any idea when he will be back?

Do you know what happened his first juco year in TN? Barely played in 2 games. You'd think he would have dominated there too. Although neither TN or MS are the top juco conferences.
Id bet he gets that year back but MTSU lists him as a Jr.
Haven't heard a time frame. Honestly not really privileged to inside info, just saw CNM's post game statement where his name came up. The way Nick spoke did not come across as a season ender though. Coach basically wasn't comfortable putting him in until fully ready to go, which makes total sense. Hopefully shouldn't be much longer. Would also like to hear an update if any of our other members have heard anything.

The only injury I was aware of was a concussion, but that was mid October I believe. Keep in mind Nick said in the presser was hes been held out because he had missed practice time from an injury, not necessarily because of injury recovery. Maybe another one came up or maybe it was just coach speak.

Reactions: wj34
Reminder playing time has to be earned, regardless of your pedigree entering MTSU. Remember Darnell Butler? He had pretty impressive JuCo numbers as well.

Not saying Jackson hasn’t earned it, truly have no clue. Just saying there’s a lot that happens behind closed doors that go into these decisions.

Reactions: wj34 and MTFAN61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT