ADVERTISEMENT

Obama, Ferguson, and the Torments of Liberalism

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
ferguson_obama_AP_2_660.jpg

SPLIT SCREEN FRAMES OBAMA'S STRUGGLE ON RACE

President Obama
couldn't beat the rioters to the airwaves. Moments after the announcement of a grand jury's decision to not charge Officer Darren Wilson with a crime for shooting robbery suspect Michael Brown, Obama came before television viewers to call for calm and for media outlets to focus on peaceful protests taking place. But before Obama could get off the dais, the arson, riots and looting that would rage through the night had already begun. That split-screen image was the starkest illustration yet of the limitations of a man whose rationale for seeking the presidency despite a slim resume was his ability to meet what he said was America's greatest need: Someone "to bring the country together." Obama explained in February 2007 that he would run because "one of the skills that [he brings] to bear is being able to pull together the different strands of American life and focus on what we have in common." Nearly seven years later, quite the opposite has proven to be true.

BBJ, I thought the most telling image of the evening was seeing Barry on the split screen calling for calm while live video of the fires and looting ran beside him. It will be interesting to see if Barry grants amnesty to all the "undocumented shoppers."

SPLIT SCREEN FRAMES OBAMA’S STRUGGLE ON RACE

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:
ec

SPLIT SCREEN FRAMES OBAMA'S STRUGGLE ON RACE

President Obama
couldn't beat the rioters to the airwaves. Moments after the announcement of a grand jury's decision to not charge Officer Darren Wilson with a crime for shooting robbery suspect Michael Brown, Obama came before television viewers to call for calm and for media outlets to focus on peaceful protests taking place. But before Obama could get off the dais, the arson, riots and looting that would rage through the night had already begun. That split-screen image was the starkest illustration yet of the limitations of a man whose rationale for seeking the presidency despite a slim resume was his ability to meet what he said was America's greatest need: Someone "to bring the country together." Obama explained in February 2007 that he would run because "one of the skills that [he brings] to bear is being able to pull together the different strands of American life and focus on what we have in common." Nearly seven years later, quite the opposite has proven to be true.

BBJ, I thought the most telling image of the evening was seeing Barry on the split screen calling for calm while live video of the fires and looting ran beside him. It will be interesting to see if Barry grants amnesty to all the "undocumented shoppers."

Yes, we couldn't help but notice that! Wasn't that ironic? Scenes of rioting, burning, and destruction going on while little Barry calls for "peace"! Quite obviously, his only "skill" has been to further divide this country as opposed to being "able to pull together." Leave it to little Barry to stoke the flames of racism whenever he can.

The POTUS blows my mind. He continues this toxic idea that Mike Browns death was caused by some govt or system flaw. The flaw was Michael Brown's heart.

Had he not committed robbery, Officer Wilson would never have pursued him. Had Brown cooperated with Wilson he would have had due process. I am ok with a society wherein if you assault an officer may result in death. I am not OK with a society where you have individuals (like Al Sharpton, the rioters, POTUS) that disregards facts in pursuit of an agenda to "change the system" of justice that depends on recognition of fact.

Drives me crazy. And then the news organization...of all the issues in the USA, race relations probably would not be rated in the top 100.

Michael Brown was an individual who made bad choices and ultimately paid with his life because of what he did - race had nothing to do with it.

Meanwhile if the folks in Ferguson don't like there leaders then get off your bum and go vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT