ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL NFL Draft

Supposedly this draft is really deep at CB and DE and drafting a RB isn't high priority for most team so I don't think any of these guys get drafted.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
While I don't have a good read on any of MT's players locking up a solid draft slot this season, it does seem MT players typically have pretty good success in competing to make a team through rookie free agency. It seems like every year or two, MT has one or two players in a pretty good situation late into preseason of making a team as rookie free agents. Most seasons also seem to have a handful of MT players at least get signed to rookie free agent deals. It is out of these that the one or two tend to fight themselves into a real possibility of making a final roster or practice squad.

Are most on here thinking that MT is looking at 4 or 5 players at least getting picked up as rookie free agents this season for a shot at summer camp?

While I don't have a good read on any of MT's players locking up a solid draft slot this season, it does seem MT players typically have pretty good success in competing to make a team through rookie free agency. It seems like every year or two, MT has one or two players in a pretty good situation late into preseason of making a team as rookie free agents. Most seasons also seem to have a handful of MT players at least get signed to rookie free agent deals. It is out of these that the one or two tend to fight themselves into a real possibility of making a final roster or practice squad.

Are most on here thinking that MT is looking at 4 or 5 players at least getting picked up as rookie free agents this season for a shot at summer camp?

We only have two guys with NFL talent, the rest are practice fodder. Just trying to be honest. IM and JC would be better off NOT being drafted so they can pick the right situation.

I think someone will reach and grab Cutrer. I think there is about to be a run on defensive players. Honestly I hope I'tavius isnt drafted so he can sign with a team that gives him the best chance to see the field.

I think the Hawaii game really hurt Cutrer. He looked unbelievably bad out there. Completely lost.

I'Tavius may not get drafted, but he's too talented to not make a roster in my opinion. His versatility and 3rd down play-making ability are a highly sought after NFL skill. In all honesty, it's probably best he goes undrafted so he can find a favorable situation with a team who truly needs a RB. If he can go somewhere where there is a legit need for a RB I have no doubt he'll make the roster. I think we'll see Mathers go in the 6th or 7th round. I just don't see it for Cutrer, both from a draft perspective and talent perspective. He'll be lucky to make a practice squad.

first-pick.com com is an interactive mock draft site. I did it 3 times, and Cutrer went at 184, 190 and 202. Once to Minnesota and twice to Miami.

Cutter just doesn't have an NFL body. I'm surprised he is ranked at all. I agree he may make a practice squad but if ever goes against someone like Dez Bryant he will be toast.

I wasn't surprised at Cutrer not getting the call. He's rail thin for the NFL. He's the type of guy that teams like to stash on a practice squad to see what they turn in to.

I was kind of surprised at Mathers not getting picked, but that's an indictment of the RB position and it's value in the NFL. I think he's got the best chance of sticking around for a few years, kind of like Benny Cunningham - that 3rd RB/Special teams do it all kind of guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT