ADVERTISEMENT

New York records indicate Trump has NEVER voted in a Republican presidential primary

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has never voted in a Republican presidential primary election in his home state of New York, voter records show.

The same can be said of Trump's daughter Ivanka and his wife Melania.

The revelation will give his rivals a fresh line of attack as the billionaire presses voters to embrace him in upcoming primaries and caucuses.

Iowans will caucus on February 1, and New Hampshirites will follow them eight days later in the first-in-the-nation primary.

The records, pulled in September from the Board of Elections of the City of New York, show that Trump has voted consistently in general elections since 1989.

But his primary voting record is thin: just a New York City mayoral primary in September 2013 and a primary election for a U.S. Senate special election in September 2010.

There is no indication that he has voted in a presidential primary of any kind since 1989, a time-frame during which he has said he was a Democrat.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's campaign was eager to pile on via email.

'Donald Trump spent years as a Democrat and is not and has never been a conservative,' Bush press secretary Kristy Campbell told DailyMail.com.

'It should come as a surprise to no one that he has never voted in a Republican primary.'

Catherine Frazier, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's press secretary, blasted The Donald for not being 'a true conservative.'

Cruz is Trump's nearest polling rival nationally and in Iowa.

'He speaks like a conservative out of political convenience not personal conviction,' Frazier told DailyMail.com. 'And voters can see that. They do not want a dealmaker who will compromise and serve as paymaster to the Washington cartel.'

A political operative who consults with a GOP Trump opponent provided the document to DailyMail.com.

They show election dates when each Trump voter, what type of ballot they used (for instance, R for 'regular' and A for 'absentee') and a column marked 'voter type' – always R for 'registered,' according to a New York City elections division clerk.

A Trump spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment.

A clerk who answered a call Thursday at the New York City Board of Elections said the records, as dictated over the phone, were accurate.

Voting records for Trump's adult sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, were not immediately available.

BBJ, both Limbaugh and Beck agreed this week that Trump is a nationalist and a populist, not a conservative.

I understand that many people want Trump to win the nomination but if you are a Trump supporter, please stop calling yourself a conservative because you're not.

Stop pretending you care about issues such as abortion, gun control, or Obamacare because Trump has held liberal positions on all three of these issues publicly for decades.

Ted Cruz, on the other hand, has been a textbook conservative all his life.

So, if you support Trump over Cruz, you are not a conservative. Although I respect your right as an American to support whoever you want, I don't respect the disingenuousness of calling yourself a conservative because you are not one.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/nationalism-trumps-conservatism-says-limbaugh/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ER-voted-Republican-presidential-primary.html

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbadjohn45
BBJ, I attempted to post my comments above on Sumner United for Responsible Government's Facebook page but after posting I got a message stating my post would first have to be reviewed for approval. Fat chance my message will be approved given that half of their constituency are Trump supporters. What is really sad is this group is suppose to represent the county's Tea Party. But now that the establishment has come out supporting Trump, this group loses any credibility it might have had. At the Cruz rally I attended in Franklin back in August, one woman from Sumner County tried to get me interested in this group but after checking it out online, I realized it was dominated by Trump supporters and decided then I was not interested. Below is the link to the Facebook page for Sumner United for Responsible Government. Let's just see if my comments ever get posted.

https://www.facebook.com/SumnerUnited

BBJ, both Limbaugh and Beck agreed this week that Trump is a nationalist and a populist, not a conservative.

I understand that many people want Trump to win the nomination but if you are a Trump supporter, please stop calling yourself a conservative because you're not.

Stop pretending you care about issues such as abortion, gun control, or Obamacare because Trump has held liberal positions on all three of these issues publicly for decades.

Ted Cruz, on the other hand, has been a textbook conservative all his life.

So, if you support Trump over Cruz, you are not a conservative. Although I respect your right as an American to support whoever you want, I don't respect the disingenuousness of calling yourself a conservative because you are not one.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/nationalism-trumps-conservatism-says-limbaugh/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ER-voted-Republican-presidential-primary.html

Well said (and true), my friend! :D

Well, I received a couple of comments regarding my post. The first one came from Sumner United for Responsible Government that stated, "Some of the most conservative people have failed the people. Let's not forget that Reagan was once a Democrat." Another one came from a constituent who replied to my question, "Although I appreciate your rejoinder, why not post my comments and let others decide?" He wrote, "I think they are posted. I understand why people, even conservatives, like Trump. I just hope nobody fools themselves about what Trump is or isn't. In response to the SURG page response... some of the most moderate, liberal, outsider, and insider people have failed the people. Gotta judge them individually." I, in turn, asked, "If they were posted, why can I not see them on the Facebook page?"

I'm still waiting for a response. LOL.

When Tea Partiers sell out and support progressives like Trump, what hope do true conservatives have ?!!!

Shortly, after I posted the above question, "When Tea Partiers sell out and support progressives like Trump, what hope do true conservatives have ?!!!", on the North Sumner Tea Party Facebook page, I finally received a message from Sumner United for Responsible Government telling me my post was finally approved and is now visible on the SURG Facebook page.

:)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT