ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL New MT defensive coordinator Scott Shafer talks scheme, upsets

This guy knows defense. I like he holds everyone accountable including himself.
I would like to hear his comments after dissecting film of last year's defense. Probably a lot of wtf's.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
He's gonna be in the booth!!!!!!! Thank goodness. We're gonna win!!!! This dude is a major upgrade. Better strategy, better approach and a ton of experience. The best DC's are the booth guys in my opinion. In the big schools, most DC's are in the booth. He even said it. You can just see more.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I really gotta say I loved to read him drop Manny's name. We've been "fighting to win a championship" for a while, now its time to win the fight.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
I like this hire. Coming from HC at an ACC program, hopefully he's motivated to get back there or prove his detractors wrong. Maybe he'll bring some fire to this staff.

I'm convinced that this programs problem isn't one of talent, X's and O's, or what not - its motivation. There's no will to be the best.

As for dropping Manny's name;

For one, I would like to see West no longer mentioned by Shafer (which he has done in every interview I've heard). It's very hard to imagine that the D-line will show much improvement as long as West is on staff.

Pleased with the booth choice. Franklin was mainly in the booth in '09. I kind of wish he would go back up there after being on the sidelines last year. You are right, your field of vision of what is being lined up is so much greater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT