ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING New commit

anyone know what other offers he held? just curious

I think he is still growing or has had a recent spurt of growth. I read a couple of articles from his junior year that had him at 6-3 and 6-4 and one described him as a "skilled wing [that can] affect the game in a variety of ways. Eli is capable of initiating the offense, scoring in the mid post and on the wing. With his long arms and lateral quickness he's able to change the game defensively by guarding 2-3 different positions."

Sounds like the kind of player CNM has said he likes.

anyone know what other offers he held? just curious

DNJ article says MT was his first offer. Verbal Commits has offers from Lenoir-Rhyne and Southern. Clearly not an impressive list.

Regardless, let's hope that this commit is in the process of "blowing up" (along with the growing up in Space's last post) and McDevitt and staff were the first to recognize it.

Do I understand correctly that Lawrence completed 4 years of high school in Georgia and that Washington Academy is a post-grad prep school?

Have we signed a prep schooler since Tommy Gunn?

Do I understand correctly that Lawrence completed 4 years of high school in Georgia and that Washington Academy
Iis a post-grad prep school?

Have we signed a prep schooler since Tommy Gunn?

Washington Academy is apparently a prep school with a mission to get student athletes to college according to their website.

I lived 2 miles from it for 5 years, apparently passed it all the time, and never heard of it.

The good news about both commits, looks like they added a year to grow up physically and academically.

It does appear that CNM is hitting exactly what he said wants. If I'm not mistaken, this makes both commits with 4 years of eligibility. That is a good trend I'd like to see continue.

Reactions: MTLynn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT