ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING National Signing Day, Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Just a heads to those are system auto generated ratings. They should be properly evaluated soon. Just a waiting game, really. There were about 1500 evaluations needed from what I heard.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
$$$$

Need for facility upgrades and Cost of Attendance (CoA) is the reason we are playing 3 P5 schools this year IMO
If we can grow BRAA, increase donations and sell 20k season tickets then the upgrades will come. At our current level we are lucky to provide fertilizer for the practice field.

If we can grow BRAA, increase donations and sell 20k season tickets then the upgrades will come. At our current level we are lucky to provide fertilizer for the practice field.
Agreed. What is being done to solicit new BRAA donations, increase season ticket sales, and push for capital improvements.

Can someone explain to me why everyone else in CUSA (and half the teams in the Sun Belt) can afford better, newer facilities with a similar (or smaller) budget, yet we can't?

Can someone explain to me why everyone else in CUSA (and half the teams in the Sun Belt) can afford better, newer facilities with a similar (or smaller) budget, yet we can't?
Just my guess but we do not have one mega donor, individual or corporation, that can write a check for $5m or more to get a project started. I think it was WKU recently partnered with the local health care provider to build a training/medical facility. The Florida schools have mega donors.

Just my guess but we do not have one mega donor, individual or corporation, that can write a check for $5m or more to get a project started. I think it was WKU recently partnered with the local health care provider to build a training/medical facility. The Florida schools have mega donors.
There's some money among MT alumni, but I'm not sure how motivated they are to give.

Here's the question that concerns me : How is BRAA/Massaro going about building stronger relationships with the "money" they have in hand while also looking to build relationships with "new money."

There's some money among MT alumni, but I'm not sure how motivated they are to give.

Here's the question that concerns me : How is BRAA/Massaro going about building stronger relationships with the "money" they have in hand while also looking to build relationships with "new money."
Agreed. I would bet most just give because they have for years and it's what the family wants. We harp on season ticket sales but to me it's so important not just for filling up the stadium but to help drive donations. If I was a million dollar donor I would question my continued funding for what seems like a product that is declining. It's much easier to write a check if we can see the local fan support. I would imagine Chris has regular scheduled dinners, meetings with the big donors and ask for their help to reach others.
Now is a great time to start marketing/selling season tickets. Keep the pressure up. Unfortunately we will not hear a peep until the spring game.

Now is a great time to start marketing/selling season tickets. Keep the pressure up. Unfortunately we will not hear a peep until the spring game.

The last few weeks I've been trying to figure ways the university could boost attendance/boost giving.

What if season tickets for a second sport could be discounted say 20% to a certain level of braa donor or new season ticket buyers. Let's say you buy football season tickets for the first time, then you can buy season tickets (up to 4) for mbb or wbb. If you buy season tickets for the first time for a third sport, say baseball, then those tickets are discounted 40%.

Or give new alumni the opportunity for the first four seasons out of college, to buy seasons tickets for a sport at a 50% discount.

If you are the parents of a full time student, you get a 50% discount for four seasons of sports.

Just throwing out some ideas, to increase fan support and bodies in seats, not just for football, but all the sports.

There are probably issues I'm not aware of in trying something like what I'm suggesting above, but I'd like to see more out of the box approaches, stuff like minor league baseball clubs do.

Last edited:
The last few weeks I've been trying to figure ways the university could boost attendance/boost giving.

What if season tickets for a second sport could be discounted say 20% to a certain level of braa donor or new season ticket buyers. Let's say you buy football season tickets for the first time, then you can buy season tickets (up to 4) for mbb or wbb. If you buy season tickets for the first time for a third sport, say baseball, then those tickets are discounted 40%.

Or give new alumni the opportunity for the first four seasons out of college, to buy seasons tickets for a sport at a 50% discount.

If you are the parents of a full time student, you get a 50% discount for four seasons of sports.

Just throwing out some ideas, to increase fan support and bodies in seats, not just for football, but all the sports.

There are probably issues I'm not aware of in trying something like what I'm suggesting above, but I'd like to see more out of the box approaches, stuff like minor league baseball clubs do.
Great ideas Space. I like the idea of new alumni getting a break for a few years. We need them to stay connected to MT as their careers/family grow. As you said this would also help other sports like soccer, volleyball, baseball and softball.

I was wondering the same thing. I interned with the sports marketing dept about 10 years ago one summer and was told then we were trying to raise money for a indoor facility. I don't know if the person who told me that was correct but how in the world has our athletic dept not raised the money in 10+ years?

I often think that our folks believed CUSA would maintain their TV package and we would have some extra cash. Most knew with what was left in the conference our revenue would fall.

I was wondering the same thing. I interned with the sports marketing dept about 10 years ago one summer and was told then we were trying to raise money for a indoor facility. I don't know if the person who told me that was correct but how in the world has our athletic dept not raised the money in 10+ years?
I've remember being told an indoor facility was in the works by recruits 5 years ago...lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT