ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING National Signing Day, Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I'm telling you. Wayne Parks is gonna crack some heads here at MT. Class is starting to shape up nicely. Need to finish with Blankenship, McWilliams, Cobb, and Dobson.

Reactions: C-Bow
Casey, can you take Blake Ashburn off the recruiting list? His 5.2 rating is weighing down our ranking.

ps. I've been messaging you on Facebook

This is shaping up to be a great class despite what the rankings might say. I feel like this year a lot of our recruits got shortchanged on their rankings. DQ Thomas, T. Thomas, R. Blankenship, & W. Parks are Power 5 talent. If we can finish strong with McWilliams & Cobb we are going to have some very strong pieces to add to our team. Octavis Johnson will be icing on the cake.

Very happy with the WR's we are signing with this class. WR was a loaded position for 2017, and Coach Franklin clearly wants some people with height running down the field. Cobb, Salters, & Marshall all have GREAT height.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Speak of the devil.....There's Cobb & McWilliams. Both will be starters sooner rather than later.

Just skimming through - haven't seen if anyone has mentioned Octavis Johnson committing within the last hour. We are loading up in the back 7 in this class.

This class has done a great job filling our needs.

Would like to see one more DT and a DE and maybe one less WR, but if it's just not in the cards then it isn't in the cards. Can't make good recruits appear out of thin air. There's still one more potential DE out there who might sign, so we'll see. R. Collins should be able to contribute right away at the DT position, and hopefully Ferguson can beef up with a redshirt year and then contribute on the inside. I'm assuming Mobley will be moved to DE, but we'll see. With Walter Brady coming in and what we are returning, I'm hopeful Shafer can develop a serviceable DL.

Initial thoughts:

Great class and it'll be represented quite well in the rankings when everything gets updated.

Filled a lot of needs on defense, but as Wiley said, you'd like to have seen another DT and a DE in the mix. Keep in mind, though, with the departures, MT still has about 4 slots they can fill via transfers or late qualifiers. I expect them to do so.

On offense, they've restocked the cupboard with playmakers. Really excited about the WR's in this class. Great mix of size and speed. Love each OL pickup as well.

Top to bottom - great class.

I'll have much more for you guys as the day progresses.

I like it.

No bad surprises. A few good ones - Johnson, the two Thomases, Parks, etc.

Javonta Payton - the guys on the Vols board have said that the chances of him actually being a qualifier are slim and none, with slim on his way out of town. Ole Miss likes to place guys at those Mississippi JUCOs. We might see him again in 2 years.

I agree... best class in the Stockstill era. The only Caveat I see is one more JUCO DT. This IMHO is the best Jr. college class that we have ever brought in. We will see. Big impact on defense. Our front 11 on D should be good but the DL depth is a concern.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
ADVERTISEMENT