ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING National Signing Day, Wednesday, February 1, 2017

unt blog:

Sunday afternoon recruiting update — decisions on tap

excerpt:

...Tavares Thomas, an All-Southwest Junior College Football Conference selection, said last night that he will announce his decision tomorrow. The Navarro College product appeared to be a near lock for UNT not too long ago, when he said he was leaning toward UNT. Thomas was supposed to visit UNT this weekend after taking a trip to Middle Tennessee last weekend. I don’t have confirmation on this, but it looks like Thomas backed out of that trip. He did not respond when asked if he did make it to Denton. UTEP has come in late with an offer.

Just a gut feeling here, but it sure looks like Thomas is headed to MTSU along with his JUCO teammate Maurice Gordon, a three-star running back and former Denton Ryan standout.....

Oh crap I didn't realize it was this Wednesday. Gonna be stoked if we get Thomas. That kid is going to help us right away.

I think Fuller is making a mistake transferring to FIU. He could come in here and compete for playing time right away at CB. If we can get some good play out of our CBs, we will be tough to beat.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I honestly wasn't impressed with Raheme Fuller's film and I said this when he committed here. His ranking is 100% based on his measureables. I'm not saying he is a bad recruit but I don't think he is a 3 star player.

Anyone know if the new DC is making a little bump in recruiting in his short time here?

Jordan Ferguson is in!

Curious to see how his career will unfold. The plan is to beef him up and move him to DT, but we'll see how it goes.

Or, can't he be a monster LB!

Lot of chefs in that kitchen after today. Frame wise, they believe he could easily hold another 50-70 pounds and keep his athleticism.

Like I said, we'll see - but that's the plan at least.

I'll say this...the height and weight that GBR usually posts comes straight from the kids official visit.

That being said, I don't think there's any way in hell that Jordan Ferguson is 280 pounds right now. I could be wrong, but I don't see it. Let me ask around a bit and get back to you guys on this one..

Any chance we steal Natron Grayson?

I noticed he re-tweeted a Kevin Byard tweet.

I know its very early but it seems like these signing are coming in slower than usual. Are all of these kids having ceremonies instead of just sending in their paperwork

I suppose Thomas makes up for Fuller's defection.

Anyone catch word if we're in line for any signing day surprises? Good ones.

Not the "oh, such and such signed with Indiana at the last second" ones.

Yes, I'm still bitter over Matt Lewis from like 2006

Reactions: C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT