ADVERTISEMENT

Nashville Sports Talk Radio

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
It was mentioned in another thread that it is hard to find any talk about MT on the nashville sports media, and I agree. I remember when the only sports talk you could find was wlac in the evening with Bill King and Bob Bell. You have a whole lot more options to listen to these days, but when it comes to any lengthy discussion of MT sports, it is left to wgns in the boro and Monte Hale's show. In fact, when it comes to discussion of Blue Raider sports, Nashville is a vast wasteland. I miss the goblueraiders.com 'on the air' feature that identified the stations and times when you might find a MT coach being interviewed, I depend on twitter in its absence and that is a hit and miss kind of thing.

I find myself constantly switching stations between 104.5 the zone, 102.5 game 1 game 2 and all its stations on the dial, and 560.

I want informative sports talk. I hate the non sports guy talk that seems to take up way too much time on all the sports talk radio just to fill time, instead of focusing on sports topics beyond Titans, Preds, UTK, and Vandy.

My primary go to sports talk is 104.5. Though 3HL sorely misses Clay Travis.Greg P And Midday 180 could do without Paul Kuharsky - the Joe Biddle of our time. When Kuharsky is on, that is when I am scanning the dial for NPR discussion about gender identity among the tribes of the Borneo Rain Forests. Hutton and Withrow are pretty solid, but seems like Kuharksy is the alpha male of that crew and dominates way too much of the discussions.

The Game, I though might give 104.5 a run for primacy, but that seems to have not been in the cards. I was disappointed when Greg Pogue and Big Joe left the station. They seemed to be the only ones that even acknowledged the existance of MT and Murfreesboro. The replacements just don't hold my interest. Plaster is old, tired, predictable. I had hoped since 102.5 was carrying Blue Raiders Sports broadcasts that MT would get more coverage outside of those game day broadcasts, but it does not seem to have happened.

560 WSNR - I miss Thom Abraham. Bill King gets some airtime but I never listen because he is all UTK and Big orange all the time. Pogue has a one hour Saturday morning show, which usually has one guest for the whole hour, sometimes from MT so I try to check to see who is on.

The new morning guy on The Game (94.9) Jared Stillman is almost unlistenable to me. Sounds like a Jim Rome wanna-be and thinks he is an expert on everything (even though he was probably in the 3rd grade when the titans moved to Nashville). Maybe it is a generational thing.

...The Game .... I was disappointed when Greg Pogue and Big Joe left the station. They seemed to be the only ones that even acknowledged the existance of MT and Murfreesboro. The replacements just don't hold my interest. Plaster is old, tired, predictable. I had hoped since 102.5 was carrying Blue Raiders Sports broadcasts that MT would get more coverage outside of those game day broadcasts, but it does not seem to have happened.....

Pogue and Big Joe reuniting on 560

I wish their time slot was when I was driving to work in the mornings but those two are the best at sports radio talk. So glad they are doing the show again. Im sure I can stream the online at work

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT