ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS MT Marketing Grand Prix

dukewayne

All American
Jul 11, 2008
National or even international audience for Music City Grand Prix and MT has banners on track with "I am true Blue" most prominently displayed. Is it just me, or is that next to meaningless to a national audience?

I doubt many viewers connected the "I am True Blue" banners to the MT Concrete and Construction Management banners directly across the race track (street) even though the color was the same blue on both banners. At least the banners promoting concrete and construction mgt. had the prominent "MT" and "Middle Tennessee State University" displayed.

I don't doubt that 99% of viewers thought the "True Blue" was promoting the local NFL team. Just another example showing the ineptness of whoever is in charge of MT branding and marketing.

On a positive note from what I have seen MT did get more publicity than any other U. An extensive report was given on at least one TV station (WTVF 5 ?) several times about the concrete mgt. department's involvement in the production of the concrete barriers and the concrete used in the pit area. For those who didn't watch the start of the broadcast the MTSU Army ROTC Color Guard presented the colors before the invocation & National Anthem prior to the race and a chyron identified them along with the audio introduction when they appeared.

I’ll take any advertising I can get for MT. The head of the race is an MT alumni and former kicker Crews. I realize no one is happy at MT And wants change. If down every single thing does it help. If we only lose one football game will you be happy. What are you doing to make MT better?

Matt Crews has vision. He might make a good AD somewhere...

...Music City Grand Prix CEO Matt Crews began sharing his vision of an IndyCar race near the Cumberland River about a decade ago. A lifelong Nashvillian and former kicker at Middle Tennessee State, he understood it could work even when “three mayors ago” there were virtually no hotel rooms for an event this size.

With this year’s Honda Indy Toronto race canceled, a bigger window emerged to promote the Music City Grand Prix. Fans bought around 110,000 tickets for the weekend, including a maximum 60,000 on Sunday.....

Reactions: MTTim and MT Glenn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT