ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ wku, 2pm Saturdays, January 29, 2022

Great win today! Definitely got to feel the energy in the 100 miles of hate.

If you would have told me we would go into Diddle today and drop 93 points and shoot like we did....

I would have laughed at you.

These guys played their best game of the year if you ask me.

I echo another posters sentiment, I hope we are not peaking right now. Big time play from our guards today. If that can continue we got a chance to have a special year. Hope the team keeps having fun and keeps grinding and doesn't get in their own heads or get too cocky.

They look like they're having a blast, and that would be my message to them. Let's keep having fun!

2 back to back road wins at a crucial time to stay #1 in the east. This is gets us excited. I've been one of the biggest naysayers of CMD but now we are seeing some real results. Good D and a team effort every game with chemistry. All we ever wanted really. Now, let's just take the damn thing.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I never would have believed it. After watching that disastrous SF Austin game early in the season, I was certain "here we go again."

They are continuing to get better. I like the chemistry they are developing. They are having fun, and they are starting to develop a little bit of a swagger.

Last place Marshall just beat 1st place UAB! Actually, not completely surprised. It was clear Marshall was better than their record suggested. It was clear MT really stole one for a good win in spite of Marshall's record. UAB can now attest.

Today, WKU was a hot shooting team. So, it was a good win. Plus, MT was insanely hot shooting from downtown. Dang near a freak show.

My point, MT didn't just win on the road because the opponents were off or just played terribly. Nope, MT beat them even though they both played some pretty darn good games.

CNM, thank you. It was really good to see MT return to Diddle and get a win.

Couldn’t disagree more as far as today goes.. a couple ill advised but 95% today have been good shots at the D1 level
Dramatically better. For several years now including even some wins this season, I practically cringe at almost half the times one of the players pulls up to jack a 3. It's painfully obvious when it is out of the flow of the offense and just generally a poor shot selection. Accordingly, those shots rarely connect, hence the repeated low 3pt% for game after game. What adds to the frustration is that it is clear that those players have the talent, skills, and athleticism to make 3pt shots.

Well, the last few games it seems the team as a whole has been cutting down on those bad shots. They've gradually been improving in this facet of the game.

Today, I can hardly recall one time where I cringed when they pulled up to fire a 3. The shot selection was dramatically better and in the flow of the offense. The results speak for themselves.

They may not shoot 57% from downtown for a whole game, well, ever again, but they can and are certainly capable of shooting substantially better than 28% over a game.

Reactions: kingaling42
See…the boomer thing. I thinks it’s funny but I hate it too. My almost 17 year old used it during covid and I was like, “nope, not in my house”.

now a boomer is “any age group” that is a little behind on “any given subject”

yes Space is The Godfather. I hope he has another 20+ years of keeping things real on these boards.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Thanks guys for the kind words, but it's not me. Yeah I am old and getting older. I'm a boomer and glad of it. The music and education was a lot better then. Anyway this year I begin a new decade in my life and a result of the last month or so a new focus on health and a willingness to hear and trust what I am being told. I am beginning to think more about my bucket list and keep things more to the point. Anybody my age would. Change is going to come and it won't be a big deal.

Last edited:
That's Stanz for ya. Good recruiter but average-at-best coach.
So the Butch Jones of college basketball?

#1 in the East! Happy for the players and coaches. CNM has had the worst luck imaginable since coming to MT. Glad some breaks are starting to go his way. After winning 2 in a row on the road, feels like we are going into the UAB game with house money.

I thought it was telling of the WKU coaching staff and players checking out in the final minute or so when Dishman caught the ball several times, percentage wise he's the guy you would want to foul but no attempt to foul him and then when Sims/Jefferson get the ball they foul but still not immediately- so they let 15-17 seconds run off the clock on 2 possessions down the stretch and allow 90+% guys to take the FT's- critical mistakes.. also to Dish's credit he's been knocking down FT's of late with that small flick of his wrist..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT