ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs WKU, 6PM, Saturday, February 26, 2022

We were picked to finish last in the conference and here we are. Nick should be a lock for coach of the year! Beating the toppers for the title is as good as it gets! I am guesssing that half of the fans there last night had not been to another game all year. Maybe they will buy a season ticket and get behind this program?

We were picked to finish last in the conference and here we are. Nick should be a lock for coach of the year! Beating the toppers for the title is as good as it gets! I am guesssing that half of the fans there last night had not been to another game all year. Maybe they will buy a season ticket and get behind this program?
You would be correct. It’s refreshing to have a men’s revenue sport win a conference title again since Kermit left. 👏👏

CB19-C005-ECBD-4-ED3-B4-EB-64471-DC382-FF.jpg
Had a lot of fun. Entertaining!

2-FD1134-C-F7-EC-4-B01-AC32-616-CC60-DB64-C.jpg

I thought he was going to run it out so I was about to zoom in on the score but then he dunked it lol.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I would like to know the inside story of Nick and his coaches. At what point during the season did they know this was turning around. I’m happy for them and the program as a whole.

the depth is what is really something to see. Each rotation yielded something different.

what about that big ole check ole south properties gave?

Didn’t we start 0-2 in conference ? Then went on a crazy run with our only loss at UAB ?

only conference losses off the top of my head are UAB, Rice, UNT. All on the road. Too lazy to pull up our results schedule.

hope we can continue the streak heading into conference tournament. And we still have a few road games to end the season so regular season isn’t over yet. Need to keep building resume.

I would like to know the inside story of Nick and his coaches. At what point during the season did they know this was turning around. I’m happy for them and the program as a whole.

the depth is what is really something to see. Each rotation yielded something different.

CNM mentioned in the post game interview that they were talking over the summer not about just winning games but about about being good enough to win a championship.. the key was chemistry and team building activities like Top Golf trips and the like went a long way to help this group meld.. Winning the East is the first step in that process.. I can confirm that the coaches were very optimistic about this group before the year even started.. I think the players have had a steady learning curve and you can easily see both individual and group improvements.. still lots of work to do and room for improvement by all if they want to achieve this next level.. being able to play at multiple tempos will help come tourney time..

In memory that's the first post you've made since coming aboard that I can agree with 100% although I tend to come down on always showing class.

What if MT fans politely applauded when the visiting team starters were announced? Thats the kind of atmosphere I would like to see. Cant think of a single fan base thats known for that kind of healthy respect, and I appreciate outstanding plays and effort even when it's the other team. I'm OK with light hearted digs and jabs between bantering fans like when Spurrier said you cant spell Citrus without "UT". I just think itd be neat if MT fans did something different than all the other programs out there.

Reactions: crassyblue
I do not know about anyone else, but I come to the games to do nothing more than hurl 'expletives deleted' against the opposing school, their coaches, players and their fans. I consider them to be the worst humans alive. F their feelings, Yours too if you disagree. Be a fan.

When the wkcc guy tried to pick his pocket, the dunk was fair game. Booing when wkcc players are introduced is fine with me since we're big rivals. We can applaud for all other opponents. I'm not a fan of the "bull$h!t" chants or trying to explain away the "Wuck Festern" signs to my kids. That gets a little too classless, but hey, that's 2022 America.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT Glenn
In memory that's the first post you've made since coming aboard that I can agree with 100% although I tend to come down on always showing class.
It’s not like he went Doug Roth against LSU back in the 80’s and flipped off the WKU fans after scoring or did the big marbles dance, aka Pedro Cerrano in Major League 2, after the dunk while running toward the Hilltopper bench.

I tend to think that if I start walking off the court and stop playing, then I don’t really care what the other team does behind me. If they didn’t want us to go highlight reel dunk against an empty basket, then stand there. Literally just stand there or start shaking hands. But those losers quit.

And it’s WKU. Screw’em.

What if MT fans politely applauded when the visiting team starters were announced? Thats the kind of atmosphere I would like to see. Cant think of a single fan base thats known for that kind of healthy respect, and I appreciate outstanding plays and effort even when it's the other team. I'm OK with light hearted digs and jabs between bantering fans like when Spurrier said you cant spell Citrus without "UT". I just think itd be neat if MT fans did something different than all the other programs out there.

Correction needed. Said I cant think of a single fan base that is known for that kind of healthy respect. Just remembered. Went to a football game in knoxville last year. The home team band during the pregame show turned to the visitor section and played that teams fight song. I thought that was cool. Now that gesture was the only good sportsmanship I saw displayed by the home team, but I thought it was cool when they did it.

I noticed that some young guy, I presumed was DeLeon, was working the pressbox side of the arena all night long. He never sat in one place for more than a few minutes. Shaking hands with courtside major donors all the way up to the folks in double digit rows. He never made it over my way but, I was in upper Section N sitting amongst several fans from Bowling Green who must have hit the Ticketmaster pretty hard. 😂😂

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
When the wkcc guy tried to pick his pocket, the dunk was fair game. Booing when wkcc players are introduced is fine with me since we're big rivals. We can applaud for all other opponents. I'm not a fan of the "bull$h!t" chants or trying to explain away the "Wuck Festern" signs to my kids. That gets a little too classless, but hey, that's 2021 America.

I just shoot my daughter straight and say we don’t act like that.

Student section was saying "push it", not the actual B's word.

A lot of talk about this team’s depth. I went and looked at Kermit’s last year and only 4 players averaged more than 5 points a game and all of those averaged more than 10 points. This team has 8 players that average 5 or more points with 3 averaging more than 10. There is basically no drop off regardless of who is or isn’t on the floor. Not many teams can say that.

Our depth is the strength of our team. I doubt that That we will have any player make first team all conference. our team chemistry and coaching is why we are division champs!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Our depth is the strength of our team. I doubt that That we will have any player make first team all conference. our team chemistry and coaching is why we are division champs!
I'd agree..

Jefferson should be in the mix for 2nd team as he's in Top 10 in several offensive/shooting categories, may slide to 3rd team as an individual..

Lenard should be an all rookie selection- I haven't sorted through all the freshmen but he's been FPOW a few times now..

Eli (Top 10 for steals) & Lenard (Top 5 for blocks) are likely in the mix for all-defensive team but without any great rebounding totals not sure if they'll get that nod..

NT & MTSU have the same problem- lots of really good players that form great teams but no one that dominates the stat sheet each & every night- will be interesting to see how team results play into the selections..

Does anyone know what the lower bowl Murphy Center seating capacity is? I know with the bleachers pushed out it goes up to 11,520. I was curious, thanks!

does anyone know have a highlight of the last second dunk?
Here (Game replay) is the best look.. Fast forward to the end ( 1 hour 16+ minute mark or so)..

Watch Josh Anderson (#4) walk from the other side of the court when Eli gets the ball and is walking harmlessly back to half court to likely run the shot clock out- Anderson tries the BS cheap steal (likely to make up for his air ball 3 pt attempt the prior trip down) and kinda forces Eli to go to the baseline.. that's why you dunk it on their a$$.. play stupid games....

Even Stansbury stares at Anderson walking towards the WKU bench at the 1:16:53 mark- like "What the F!@% were YOU doing?"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT