ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs WKU, 6PM, Saturday, February 26, 2022

I’m going to go on record and say we lose this one. I hope I’m wrong.

62.7%

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Got my two seats for $30. What the heck. Let’s see what happens.

GBR! Beat the Tops.

Congrats Blue Raiders for East Champs! Congrats CNM for one of, if not the best, turnarounds in the country. A sweep of WKU makes it that much sweeter. I, for one, am glad to take a big drink of that shut up juice you just served.

Now go finish strong on the road and earn that Coach of the Year honor!

There's 4 CUSA teams inside the top 100 and nearly 2 in the top 50(UAB, 51). Should make out for a great conference tournament

We were up high amongst many of the red clad bastards. The ones that did not leave early were not too happy about the late drunk nor the celebration. I loved it! Wuck Festern!!!!!
There were several around the Mrs. and me in Section N and they were not happy.😂
When the 7’5” string bean fouled out, I figured it was over. First time I’ve watched Jefferson up close and live. He is an athlete, built like a DB.

Fun game.

Reactions: Hop45 and ewglenn
Dang, that felt great tonight! It was the first time in years I've been back, and it's the first time in years I've felt our athletics are on the upswing. It was a perfect night with us beating wkcc handily, senior night, legends night, and locking up the East.

Normally, I would frown upon a dunk after game was won, but not so much when it was vs WKU. It did look like he was going to run out the clock until they tried to pick his pocket.

Dishman brought his A-game vs WKU and their towering Center. I thought Dishman was just a little off early in the season due to injuries. Despite those injuries, Dishman really stepped it up and was a key contributor to this team. Every since the Marshall - WKU road trip, it appears that Dishman has especially been performing well.

The depth of the this team is key. They are deep, and they play well together with outstanding chemistry. The boost in energy and overall performance from the bench is striking in comparison to opponents' bench.

Eli has become a huge force as exemplified in the last two games. Sims & Jefferson have been just a little off target in their shooting, but Eli has stepped up to help on offense in addition to his incredible defense.

Much was made of WKU having a couple of starters out for the game. Think about this, MT had two likely starters injured for the season. Could you imagine how loaded and where this team would be with those two also in the lineup?!

The depth of MT is likely going to scare the hell out of any potential opposing HC's in the C-USA Tournament. UNT has the dominant defense most any C-USA team would likely dread to face, but I also imagine the number of bodies MT can throw at you will induce some dread of it's own. Not to mention the caliber of those bodies being high energy and tremendously athletic.

Gotta relish the sweep of The Red Clad Bastards just a little while longer:

You know, the incident with the goat 🐐 has been the gift that just keeps on giving after all these years.

First time back for us in a long time too. Enjoyable. The team's performance was so good I hardly even noticed the "music" being played over the PA system. The blue raiders established control and maintained it the entire game. Good stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT