ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Vanderbilt (CBSSN), 7PM Saturday, September 2, 2017

I don't understand how the coaching staff didn't know how awful our OL was going to be. You should see that in practice. In the early years of the D1-A experiment, Fedora knew we didn't have the offensive line to compete with many teams. So he implemented a lot of 2-3 step drop quick passes. Worked well for years. Wes Counts will going to the Blue Raider Hall of Fame because of that. With a 2-3 step drop, the offensive line just had to cut the shit out of every defensive lineman. Ball is out quick, all defensive lineman are either knocked down or are down protecting their legs. Simple.

You know what else they implemented? Cut blocking. That's all we need to do. That will give him a bit more time and makes the DL rethink stuff. That's how we beat Maryland in 08-09 and nearly beat UK. That's what Navy does all game, every game.

You know what else they implemented? Cut blocking. That's all we need to do. That will give him a bit more time and makes the DL rethink stuff. That's how we beat Maryland in 08-09 and nearly beat UK. That's what Navy does all game, every game.

That is what I said, cut blocking. And cut blocking only work on short drop backs because they want be on the ground forever.

The big glaring problem was at RT. Both Johnson and luckett were beyond overmatched. They looked so unathletic out there against the DEs. I seriously don't think they could even have even cut block. Too fat and too slow. The DE just ran around him every play. If any of you rewatch the game just watch them and look at how ineffective they are. Other teams are going to see that and I have no idea how we can adjust. Maybe move them to the interior and get an actual athlete at the tackle position. Johnson and luckett are just not quick enough and you can't fix that in a week or two.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT