ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs UTEP, (CUSA Tournament) (Stadium) 8PM, Thursday, March 10, 2022

To me the first game is usually the toughest, especially in an arena tourney setup as Mickey Mouse as the CUSA tourney with multiple games going on at the same time- an oversized venue with deep dimensions behind the basket and with no practice/shoot around time prior to the game.. as a shooter 30 minutes to dial in the surroundings and then tip off is part of the challenge.. IMO the teams that win and advance have an small advantage over teams with bye's from that perspective as they have time on court to acclimate..

Regardless MT needs to simplify some things from the last few games- will have to take care of the ball, especially live ball turnovers and need to take care of the defensive glass, cannot continue to give up extra possessions and win close games- both of those things did the Raiders in on the recent road trip far more than anything else... MT's bench should really pay dividends this time of year.. team should be rested and hopefully hungry!

Defense and ball security will win 3 games- the offense will take care of itself if they play aggressive but collectively and don't revert to hero ball..

Any news on Jefferson?
Last game the announcers said CNM told them Jefferson could play if it was "for all the marbles". I assume that means he was held out of the two games that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things to give whatever is hurt extra time to heal.

Can’t argue that strategy at all. In baseball, you always pitch your ace when it counts.

gonna need him to win.

Can’t argue that strategy at all. In baseball, you always pitch your ace when it counts.

gonna need him to win.

Hope he's ready to go after not playing for a while. Momentum would have been nice heading into the tournament because it can be hard to flip a switch.

We need to come out and set the tone in the first half of our game against whoever we play.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I don't have a good feeling about this game. UTEP will already have a game under their belt and we will be starting cold in an awkward environment. If Jefferson plays he will have been out for a few weeks and could be rusty. They also got their one of there guards back (Kennedy) who did not play when we last met. He is averaging 14 points a game since his return.

For us to win, we have to have a good rebounding game and Sims and Lawrence have to be hitting their threes. We will also need someone else to step up and have a big game Justice, Lenard, or Dishman.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Just saw on Facebook where someone who appears to be Bufford's mom said that her son told her Jefferson will not be playing. I hope that is wrong information.

So what time is the TV broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or….the ESPN+ that I subscribed too??? 😂😂

Thanks Judy.
All games this round are on Stadium TV and MT/UTEP tips at 9pm EST (8pm for most of you).. this whole CUSA TV, ESPN+, Stadium TV is Mickey Mouse at best.. for God's sake- can the league just pick one online platform?!?

So what time is the TV broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or….the ESPN+ that I subscribed too??? 😂😂

Thanks Judy.

Boy that's the truth. At least Stadium is easier to access than in the past. Used to have to get online and cast it to my TV. Was a royal pain. Now it's part of Samsung Plus on their Smart TVs and also included in the free Pluto TV lineup that's on Xfinity boxes, Fire TV, etc.

Still doesn't have a huge audience, but better than playing a game on Facebook. Sheesh Judy.

The video feeds on my Stadium TV channel with Comcast / Xfinity are and have been flat out awful.
Agreed, terrible LoDef channel on Comcast and once the game on the mid-state channel wasn't the one MT was playing.
Went to streaming and added the Stadium App to my Roku. Much better picture (equal to ESPN+ in my estimation) and you have the option to stream one of several games. Encourage any of you who want to watch the men tonight to download the FREE app if you have the option.

So, which game is actually on Stadium? Our game or the UAB game? The games are at the same time. They both can't be on Stadium unless its streaming only. Worst commissioner in the history of sports.

So, which game is actually on Stadium? Our game or the UAB game? The games are at the same time. They both can't be on Stadium unless its streaming only. Worst commissioner in the history of sports.
If you have the app you have your choice.

I'm just glad you're tuning in.... since you do so well at predicting the future/everything I'm kinda surprised you need to!
Classy. I could just say go f*** yourself after your condescending jerk of a message when I’m asking a question about something unrelated to you. I wasn’t talking to you. I haven’t engaged you and have left you alone. You should take the hint. But it’s undeniably impressive how you can think my post here has anything to do with you. Your character on full display there.

I’ve watched each of the last three games. And two of those have looked like typical Nick led basketball. But I’ve said nothing. I don’t know what’s happened the rest of the season. Luck? Somehow they just gelled? Don’t know and not going to offer a guess since I haven’t watched any of the other games. I don’t expect much in this tournament and we will see what happens next year. What will matter is can he actually follow up a good season with anything other than another shit show next year. We’ll see. But I’m not holding my breath. One season does not a program make.

I hope he keeps winning though even if I don’t believe he should have been given another year. It’s kind of nice to actually care about the end of the season again. It’s been a while.

Classy. I could just say go f*** yourself after your condescending jerk of a message when I’m asking a question about something unrelated to you. I wasn’t talking to you. I haven’t engaged you and have left you alone. You should take the hint. But it’s undeniably impressive how you can think my post here has anything to do with you. Your character on full display there.

I’ve watched each of the last three games. And two of those have looked like typical Nick led basketball. But I’ve said nothing. I don’t know what’s happened the rest of the season. Luck? Somehow they just gelled? Don’t know and not going to offer a guess since I haven’t watched any of the other games. I don’t expect much in this tournament and we will see what happens next year. What will matter is can he actually follow up a good season with anything other than another shit show next year. We’ll see. But I’m not holding my breath. One season does not a program make.

I hope he keeps winning though even if I don’t believe he should have been given another year. It’s kind of nice to actually care about the end of the season again. It’s been a while.

This is why I love this place.

Guess who's back?
Back again..
Shady's back!

You haven't had sh!t to say most of the year- and haven't EVER had anything positive to say but here we are ladies & gentlemen.. MT01/Shady is back!

Man you got triggered quickly over a minuscule dig for someone who is a self-proclaimed know-it-all- you can dish it out but can't take something that tiny... Take a couple Midol, drink some cranberry juice, and grab your heating pad before the game..

I’m really gonna pi$$ed if none of these online outlets carry it. Man. This has got to be fixed.
Seriously. First thing with these new schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT