ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs UTEP, (CUSA Tournament) (Stadium) 8PM, Thursday, March 10, 2022

Game feels like a coin flip with Jefferson.

Without Jefferson I don't think we have much of a chance. Probably lose by close to double digits or more without Jefferson unless Sims & Eli get stupid hot.

I really hope Josh plays. If we are going to lose I want it to be with our best players.

And I still want revenge with UAB.

Guess who's back?
Back again..
Shady's back!

You haven't had sh!t to say most of the year- and haven't EVER had anything positive to say but here we are ladies & gentlemen.. MT01/Shady is back!

Man you got triggered quickly over a minuscule dig for someone who is a self-proclaimed know-it-all- you can dish it out but can't take something that tiny... Take a couple Midol, drink some cranberry juice, and grab your heating pad before the game..

Game feels like a coin flip with Jefferson.

Without Jefferson I don't think we have much of a chance. Probably lose by close to double digits or more without Jefferson unless Sims & Eli get stupid hot.

I really hope Josh plays. If we are going to lose I want it to be with our best players.

And I still want revenge with UAB.
I agree. With Jefferson this game is a battle. Without Jefferson, it is really going to take some other players having a phenomenal night and hot shooting to have a decent chance to pull off a win.

This Jefferson news is a real buzzkill.

UTEP has momentum since they've played in Frisco already, and they just beat league best North Texas before beating ODU.

Without Jefferson I don't see how we can win.

With Jefferson I give it a 50/50 shot.

UTEP has a healthy roster + peaking at the right time and they have to be thinking revenge after we pistol whipped them in Murfreesboro.

The Miners could win the whole thing to be honest. Tough draw for us here but we need to come out and make a statement.

Lines only -2.5 for MT

Looks like books are begging for MT action since we destroyed UTEP last time we played them, #1 against the spread in D1 ball, and we've been an absolute covering machine. They are making this look like a total cinch for MT.

So UTEP is the play

UTEP has momentum since they've played in Frisco already, and they just beat league best North Texas before beating ODU.

Without Jefferson I don't see how we can win.

With Jefferson I give it a 50/50 shot.

UTEP has a healthy roster + peaking at the right time and they have to be thinking revenge after we pistol whipped them in Murfreesboro.

The Miners could win the whole thing to be honest. Tough draw for us here but we need to come out and make a statement.
UTEP has played well for 3 games- they’re 6-4 in their last 10.. I wouldn’t consider that peaking.. NT clearly checked out in that last game defensively and went 17 of 32 from the FT line in a 2 point loss- NT had only given up 70 points to Kansas the entire year.. the Miners were 8-2 in their previous 10 games before MT beat them last time..

MT is 8-2 in their last 10 and 2-0 on neutral court this year.. so UTEP should have some momentum in terms of confidence but not much else- a quick start from MT can easily take that confidence away.. this game will come down to ball security/turnovers and not allowing UTEP to get 2nd/3rd shots by securing the defensive rebounds..if Jefferson is unable to go then the other guards have to step up.. Donovan did a great job in the middle of the year getting off to quick starts offensively.. Eli & Weston have been solid lately and we’ve talked about depth all year.. one player down isn’t great but this team is more than capable if they play together and under control..

UTEP has played well for 3 games- they’re 6-4 in their last 10.. I wouldn’t consider that peaking.. NT clearly checked out in that last game defensively and went 17 of 32 from the FT line in a 2 point loss- NT had only given up 70 points to Kansas the entire year.. the Miners were 8-2 in their previous 10 games before MT beat them last time..

MT is 8-2 in their last 10 and 2-0 on neutral court this year.. so UTEP should have some momentum in terms of confidence but not much else- a quick start from MT can easily take that confidence away.. this game will come down to ball security/turnovers and not allowing UTEP to get 2nd/3rd shots by securing the defensive rebounds..if Jefferson is unable to go then the other guards have to step up.. Donovan did a great job in the middle of the year getting off to quick starts offensively.. Eli & Weston have been solid lately and we’ve talked about depth all year.. one player down isn’t great but this team is more than capable if they play together and under control..
Those three games coincide with them getting the Kenedy kid back. He has averaged 14 points a game during that stretch. He didn't play against us last time. I hope I'm I wrong I just don't see us winning this game. We are still not a mentally tough team and this will be our first game in this awkward arena while UTEP has already had a warm up game. Sims and Lawrence need to go off for us to have a chance.

Those three games coincide with them getting the Kenedy kid back. He has averaged 14 points a game during that stretch. He didn't play against us last time. I hope I'm I wrong I just don't see us winning this game. We are still not a mentally tough team and this will be our first game in this awkward arena while UTEP has already had a warm up game. Sims and Lawrence need to go off for us to have a chance.
I agree Kennedy adds another dimension and depth for UTEP- his points aren’t additive though.. Boum and others production dropped when he came back.. again that’s a good thing for them.. a 3 point win over Rice at home, a 2 point win at home over NT who missed 15 FTs, and a 10 point win over ODU who shot 13% from deep.. so yes they’ve won 3 games but not by significant markers IMO..

Obviously it’s great if MT has a single player go off tonight or any other game so long as it comes through the flow of the offense and not inefficiently through hero ball.. the most complete games this year have been when the scoring is balanced, the defense was focused and MT took care of the ball.. that recipe works

This whole format is bush league… the simultaneous venue is efficient but feels like a summer league/AAU tournament.. bipolar decisions with conference game and tourney streaming/TV coverage through 4-5 platforms, time switch from evening games today to daytime games tomorrow.. it’s an experimental league experience!

It’s funny. I wasn’t even talking about the team or the coaching or the BB itself. I was just trying to find out how to watch the game in this conference’s god awful tv package which is only slightly better than Nick’s coaching at MT. So, I think we all know who was triggered.

Go to CUSA website and good luck finding a bracket with TV channels and times. You would think they would have the bracket front and center.

Both my Xfinity Stadium TV channels 228 and 1179 have video feeds that absolutely suck. Neither is HD. It’s like watching a 3D movie without the glasses.

Bush league. Thanks, Judy.
Stadium app on Roku looks good to me, but the media deal is overall terrible. I at least want it to be on one platform.

We really need to start hitting some outside shots. Our inside game has been garbage thus far.

We really need to start hitting some outside shots. Our inside game has been garbage thus far.
Dish is doing work on the block- most of the other paint touches have been driving too deep into traffic.. mid range is open or give Dish more post touches and let him keep working.. Sims has had good looks and will need to knock something down.. King has really improved on the defensive end- he gave a spark

What really impressed me was how our guys follow their own shots and stick back their misses. Happened at least three times. It’s refreshing to see this in the age of jacking up a three and stand there flashing signs and watch it doink or be three steps headed the other direction.

I know this horse can’t take it anymore but how in the world does a commish making over 400k make such boneheaded decisions as to our cusa tournament tv deal. 3 flipping networks/platforms for one tournament.
I can’t get over that. What the actual heck.

utep should be smelling blood. We are playing like I thought we would after our last two games. Utep can clean our clocks if they wake up.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Not trying to be a homer but it seems like UTEP is fouling literally every time we’re on offense but it isn’t hardly ever getting called.

Reactions: Hop45
Feels like we’ve been stuck on 36 points for an hour.

I know we have been leading the whole game but I just don’t have a good feeling about this game. Especially with the miners heating up and MT going cold.

I’ve doubted this team all year and they have proved me wrong though. Hope they can do it again.

We have got to be one of the laziest passing teams in the country. Its been like that all year,

So bad. 18-4 run for the Miners. No way we are coming back from that. We have no offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT