ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs UAB, 2PM, Friday, March 11, 2022

Bringing this up out of curiosity as Huggs has said WVU would accept an NIT invite, but not a lower tournament bid.

Most likely the loser between Tech and UAB will go NIT. We know UNT is going NIT. Think we would accept a bid to thr CBI or TBC? Or be like Huggs and say NCAA or NIT only?

Mostly if offered a spot in one of the 'C' touraments I would say yes, but if I remember right one you had to pay to play in it. Not sure if that is still the case, how much, and even if you have to pay it might be worth it. I think it would be great, especially if they get another home game (possibly more).

Mostly if offered a spot in one of the 'C' touraments I would say yes, but if I remember right one you had to pay to play in it. Not sure if that is still the case, how much, and even if you have to pay it might be worth it. I think it would be great, especially if they get another home game (possibly more).

From what I've found, CBI is $50k, TBC (used to be CIT) is $30k.

Reactions: Predarat
Boys, I hope MT01 isn’t missing this. We need everybody. 😂
I cut it off after the second overtime to go to dinner. I had a hunch. Inexcusable for the shot clock to be off, have a six point lead and lose. Guess who that is on?

But I will say this. The few games I watched - especially these last two I was impressed with the fight, determination, and effort in this team. It was actually enjoyable and fun to watch even in losing. I hope it is a sign of things to come.

I’m proud of the team. Once I saw those missed FT from Sims I knew we would lose. Great effort and an insanely fun season to watch. Hopefully next year is just as fun or better.

I cut it off after the second overtime to go to dinner. I had a hunch. Inexcusable for the shot clock to be off, have a six point lead and lose. Guess who that is on?

But I will say this. The few games I watched - especially these last two I was impressed with the fight, determination, and effort in this team. It was actually enjoyable and fun to watch even in losing. I hope it is a sign of things to come.
Of course you “had a hunch”.

Well, that was a punch to the gut. It was painful in how the loss unfolded. So close, but just let it get away after so much fight.

Still, I'm incredibly impressed with what this team accomplished this season when no one, including me, gave them a chance. All those young men can hold their heads high.

Dish was a man among boys. For half the season, he seemed to be playing with only one leg and one arm. Beyond fighting through all those injuries, his last game or two will go down as one of the most gutsy performances in MT bball of the last 20+ years, at least in my view.

Still, at the end of this season, there were signs this young team was still improving. They were figuring out how to play even without Jefferson. Even guys who don't impress on the stat sheet play hard, strongly contribute, and are overall impressive, I'm looking at you Bufford.

Anyone really think if MT had Jefferson and UAB was without Walker for this game that they would have even made it to overtime? I think that game would have been over with 5 mins to go in regulation. I know it's not the way the ball bounced, but I'm also trying to point to the fact that this is a good young team that can continue to build into something outstanding next season with hard work, dedication, discipline, and some good smart recruiting.

If Sims hits both freethrows at the end of the first overtime, we win. I can't be mad at MT though. UAB is a very good squad and Walker is unstoppable.
The Sims FTs were a tough swallow and I’m sure he is beating himself up over it. If he sinks one of those we’re playing today. Overall the team made the university proud and were fun as hell to watch. Go Blue!

Sims has to feel awful. Put in a high pressure situation like that, I would have to do a granny shot and I will still probably shoot air balls. The free throws he did nail kept the game going. He gave the team a shot a winning. He's probably focusing on the ones he missed, though. That's just human nature.

When all said and done, it's still just a game, Sims. I know you probably feel bad. Life is FULL of woulda, coulda, shouldas. Try to remember what Rocky Balboa said - "It's not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"

in a game like that with so much at stake every single player and coach is beating themself up over something they wish they did different… it was a helluva game and they left everything on the floor- unfortunately it didn’t play out.. it’s easy to call out one play late in the game or in overtime but every missed free throw, layup, turnover, ill advised foul, and defensive miscue makes a difference in such a tight game.. this MT team won together and lost together- it’s lazy on our end to single out any one player or play- every play mattered in this one. It may not be the intent but players, especially guys that may be done in their careers deserve better- they’ll think about this game for much longer than you & I will..Hopefully they pick up an invite and can play some more- it’s really a great group to watch and pull for..

For those of you who are bitching about: "throwing the game away", "so many opportunities and gave it away", "stupid turnovers and fouls", "same story, can't finish", etc.
In every close game there are multiple plays, shots hit (or missed) decisions, ref. calls, and so forth that if gone the other way could have changed the outcome. This is especially true in a game with 3 OTs where there were three endings before the final overtime where any one thing could have changed the outcome.

A game and season (hope it's not over, we need more time for the young players to develop) I won't soon forget and in a positive way. (We still, even after losing 3 out of the last 4, have an RPI this morning of 70, unf----g believable from where we started the year)

And to build upon a previous poster: I never understood why McDevitt took Dishman, and undersized post, and complained on this board about him taking up roster space with my opinion based primarily on his stats on a very average EKU squad. I really thought when Dishman was injured McDevitt was using the injury to help explain away poor team performance. No more, NO MORE! His performance last night will be remembered long after the frustration of last night's loss is forgotten. What a game on the biggest stage of his career!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT