ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs UAB, 2PM, Friday, March 11, 2022

Somehow shut down Jordan Walker. Shut him down and STOP with the lazy passes, we can win.
Otherwise, expect 10+ win by UAB.

it can happen. Low performance by Giddy kept us from doing anything in the conf tournament in 18.

Last edited:
Walker is what worries me. He had over 40 points and shot 50% from 3pt against us last time. Granted we hit our stride after and won 8 in a row, but still. Got to got to got to stop him, but at the same time don't forget about everyone else too and get burned.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I love homer podcasts. Would be fun to do one with a couple of you bozos.

Reactions: Blue_H and ewglenn
The previous game was obviously overshadowed by Walker's performance, 6-7 from 2, 8-16 from deep, and 6-7 at the stripe.. he got hot early and torched the MT defense at all 3 levels.. that game MT got deflated by his performance and so the game stats are a little challenging to tell the story.. if you'll recall though MT was up 8 late with 4 minutes remaining in the 1st half and was shooting and playing really well before UAB ended the half on a 21-4 run and Walker had 14 of those points..

MT had 17 TO's and gave up 54.5% shooting to the Blazers, UAB shot 26 of 43 from inside the arc (60.5%), UAB shot 19 FT's to MT's 10... so all the Blazer players had their way shooting.. last night we saw a different MT team that didn't overplay and gamble unnecessarily on defense- they stayed in help positions and made UTEP work hard.. Boum and Walker were both 20 point/game guys this year.. MT is capable and hopefully has a chip on their shoulder after getting beat handily last time around..

I'm looking forward to seeing MT play the type of defense we saw last night, make UAB work for everything they get and let's see how the chips land..

Jefferson is out again.....damn

this is gonna be hard

Anyone know exactly what the issue is with Jefferson? Is he just done for the year? Or could be possibly play in a post-season tournament if we are in one ?

I can't watch it because I don't have a cable provider but GBR! I'm wearing the same underwear so there's that.

You can watch for free here. Just keep closing the advertisements until it plays. You will get a lot of pop up windows but keep closing them. Do not install anything it asks you to install under any circumstances.

• Love
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
He has the potential to be one of the best we've had.

I agree. There is so much potential there. His defense is really good too. Walker has done nothing the times Lenard has guarded him.

We need to get this man paid before someone else does.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
Need to clean up the transition defense.. sprint back pick up a man then relax if the ball is in the backcourt

We need to get back on D, We are giving them too many easy points in transition. Once were set, we are doing a good job . Just have to get back.

UAB is just destroying us in transition. Not sure why we can't get back and play some defense....but if we don't stop giving them so many easy/free points this will be a guaranteed L

Dang....we really needed Sim's three to count there. Overall solid half but agreed Wiley, gotta get back.

UAB is just destroying us in transition. Not sure why we can't get back and play some defense....but if we don't stop giving them so many easy/free points this will be a guaranteed L
Hoping this gets corrected. Their guards are far too skilled to let them have a lane to the rim.

Hal court defense has been good. We have to get going on offense. Need some steals for some easy buckets and we need to drive the ball better. We cant keep passing it around the perimeter and than jack a three. Especially, if were not hitting them,

Thought the tip was 3 PM our time, so I have wasted an hour at work, actually working..........will have the 2nd half on my phone! Go Blue!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT