ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs FAU, Blackout Game/Hall of Fame, 6PM, Saturday, September 29, 2018

He was always a RB.

I would say RB in name only. He is a good receiver and a bit shifty, but he cannot break a tackle. That's why we moved him to WR, the only reason he is back at RB is because we have no one. Thomas - out and I hear may be done for season. Mobley - out, not sure his injury. Gordon - is he in the doghouse, wasn't he our starter game one last year, maybe we should put out an APB.

We have had a history of some good backs...but in the last 6 years, other than Mathers who was a one year rental absolutely nothing.

I would say RB in name only. He is a good receiver and a bit shifty, but he cannot break a tackle. That's why we moved him to WR, the only reason he is back at RB is because we have no one. Thomas - out and I hear may be done for season. Mobley - out, not sure his injury. Gordon - is he in the doghouse, wasn't he our starter game one last year, maybe we should put out an APB.

We have had a history of some good backs...but in the last 6 years, other than Mathers who was a one year rental absolutely nothing.

Seriously every year we have major injuries at the RB position.

Serious question. What are we doing (or not doing) different than most other teams in the country to have all of these injuries? Are we training differently? Tackling differently? Running with the ball differently? I get that every other team has injuries but within the last 5 years or so, the number of injuries we have had have been incredible.

Take this year...we went into the Vandy game almost completely healthy (aside from a few players). After that game, the injury report was a mile long and has continued to grow. The bye week should have helped but it looks like no one will be back. My guess is a few more players got hurt walking to class.

you guys do know stock dictates what kind of lifting he wants done especially during the season.

Obviously that has been the problem...
We are always vastly undersized in some areas. The problem is two fold as injuries are more likely to happen due to size differences and when you are relying on depth it is harder for an undersized underclassmen to come in early as they need more time in the weight room. Understood that Thomas and Mobley are an exception but talking big picture.

Reactions: VARaider84
We are always vastly undersized in some areas. The problem is two fold as injuries are more likely to happen due to size differences and when you are relying on depth it is harder for an undersized underclassmen to come in early as they need more time in the weight room. Understood that Thomas and Mobley are an exception but talking big picture.

Size isn't our problem, aside from the UGA's of the world we are an average sized team, its one of two things...either we are not good recruiters or we are not good coaches or maybe both.

I wonder how the so-called talent difference will be against FAU. Kiffin's only been there for what, two years? Is their player skill level higher than ours? I think the answer is yes... which is sad -- you'd think with a decade plus of time to get a system down, it'd be us rather than them.

I wonder how the so-called talent difference will be against FAU. Kiffin's only been there for what, two years? Is their player skill level higher than ours? I think the answer is yes... which is sad -- you'd think with a decade plus of time to get a system down, it'd be us rather than them.

FAU has always had better talent. Now they have a coach who can leverage it.

Is this a must win game?

Yes, the Vandy loss was demoralizing. The UGA game was worse than expected, but it's UGA. We're 1-2 with a disillusioned fan base.

If there's any hope whatsoever of having anyone in the stands for later this year, you've got to give people a reason to come out- starting this week. FAU is flawed, but one of the top teams in CUSA. There are still ways to have this be a good season, but starting 1-3 and 0-1 in conference is a hole that might not be possible to dig out from.

Where were these dudes in 2016? They weren't talking so much when we dropped 77 on them without a QB back then were they? They mentioned us giving up 37 to UT Martin but they didn't bring up them giving up 28 to Bethune Cookman. Interesting.

LOL. FAU is gonna run us out of Floyd on the ground but their D is gonna give up a lot of points too. I would love to be wrong but FAU -3 is solid money at this point. We'll have to see if we can salvage a 1-4 season at this point. It sucks but it is what it is.

Is this a must win game?

Yes, the Vandy loss was demoralizing. The UGA game was worse than expected, but it's UGA. We're 1-2 with a disillusioned fan base.

If there's any hope whatsoever of having anyone in the stands for later this year, you've got to give people a reason to come out- starting this week. FAU is flawed, but one of the top teams in CUSA. There are still ways to have this be a good season, but starting 1-3 and 0-1 in conference is a hole that might not be possible to dig out from.

I'd say this is as close to a must win as you're going to get this season, with a chance to try to change blue raider fans' minds about the possibilities this season. A loss and I think the remnant of fans pack it in mentally.

Reactions: MarJac23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT