ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee vs #18 Louisville (ESPN+), 4PM, Sunday, December 4, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
General Information

Founded: 1798
Enrollment: 23,194
Colors: Cardinal Red & Black Nickname: Cardinals
Series: UofL leads 5-1
Conference: Atlantic Coast
Facility: KFC Yum! Center
Head Coach: Jeff Walz Record at UofL: 414-113 (15) Overall: Same
2021-22 Record: 29-5 2022 Postseason: NCAA Final Four
Starters Ret./Lost: 2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 8/6

Last edited:
NAMEPOSHTCLASSBIRTHPLACE
Jalyn Brown15G6' 0"FRBaltimore, MD
Chrislyn Carr3G5' 5"SRDavenport, IA
Olivia Cochran44F6' 3"JRColumbus, GA
Liz Dixon22F6' 5"SRMemphis, TN
Nyla Harris2F6' 2"FRWindermere, FL
Morgan Jones24G6' 2"SRJonesboro, GA
Norika Konno11G5' 10"SRSendai, Japan
Imani Lester32F6' 3"FRRaleigh, NC
Alexia Mobley23F6' 2"FRReynoldsburg, OH
Mykasa Robinson5G5' 7"SRAshland, KY
Merissah Russell13G5' 11"JROttawa, ON
Hailey Van Lith10G5' 7"JRWenatchee, WA
Payton Verhulst12G6' 1"SODe Soto, KS
Zyanna Walker1G5' 8"FRWichita, KS
Josie Williams40C6' 5"SRWest Haven, UT

Biggest home game in what, 5 years? Hope everyone is planning to be there. Hope the 8,500+ tickets out they mentioned on ESPN+ broadcast last game is accurate. They're a big, athletic team, and they will pose a serious challenge. We need our fans on their feet and loud all game long. The ladies are on a roll after the Missouri State and TN Tech wins; they are a wounded animal right now but we can win this one.

Just read that was a home loss to Ohio State & snapped Louisville's 48 game home win streak. They will be uber mad. The Card's led by 8 at halftime over OSU, & to start the 3rd went up by 14 before falling apart. Turnovers killed them, so Louisville is susceptible to pressure. That loss will possibly knock them out of top 25 or at least the very bottom of it. I agree that we're catching a wounded bear right now, better be prepared for a full 40! We can't afford to lead 38.5 minutes again just to get rattled at the end again. In Louisville's state of mind they would pounce all over that.

Just saw this Tweet from Preston Whittington (who I believe is Alexis's brother, she liked the tweet), any idea what this means??

I hope all our players have a great game. If we are down one key player it can be overcome. I heard something stated in the CUSA football Championship game that 'healthy teams don't win games, tough teams do' which I really liked. Hopefully a good crowd shows up and the refs call a fair and decent game.

Go Lady Raiders!

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Just read that was a home loss to Ohio State & snapped Louisville's 48 game home win streak. They will be uber mad. The Card's led by 8 at halftime over OSU, & to start the 3rd went up by 14 before falling apart. Turnovers killed them, so Louisville is susceptible to pressure. That loss will possibly knock them out of top 25 or at least the very bottom of it. I agree that we're catching a wounded bear right now, better be prepared for a full 40! We can't afford to lead 38.5 minutes again just to get rattled at the end again. In Louisville's state of mind they would pounce all over that.
here's an article about that game

I hope all our players have a great game. If we are down one key player it can be overcome. I heard something stated in the CUSA football Championship game that 'healthy teams don't win games, tough teams do' which I really liked. Hopefully a good crowd shows up and the refs call a fair and decent game.

Go Lady Raiders!
Assuming Lex is out, I think CAB will start again and she is very capable and a great leader. I have a lot of faith in her, especially after that TN Tech game where she was phenomenal. I'm hoping we have a tremendous crowd today... the men's crowd yesterday was super subdued (and pretty sparse) so I imagine it'll be the opposite today.

Van Lith is a scoring machine. With Whittington out we may try a double team or maybe a box & 1. Wheeler came in with great scoring credentials. Really great at driving the lane, but has been struggling from 3. Seems to be rushing a little without squaring up. Today would really be a great day to get her shooting eye back

Van Lith is a scoring machine. With Whittington out we may try a double team or maybe a box & 1. Wheeler came in with great scoring credentials. Really great at driving the lane, but has been struggling from 3. Seems to be rushing a little without squaring up. Today would really be a great day to get her shooting eye back
Yes, it'll be imperative to shut down Van Lith. Wheeler is gonna have to have a good game scoring today, and they are going to have to avoid going into the trees and getting their shots blocked left and right like sometimes happens against bigger teams (flashbacks to Abbey Sissom)

Best atmosphere in a long time here. Massive run to end the second quarter, and we’re up 34-25! No one can guard Malashka.

Impressive win tonight! This team has some talent for sure, they just need to be on at game time. Rice seems to be our main competition in conference; they have a really good team, as usual.

Courtney Blakely was outstanding tonight. Her defense on Van Lith was absolutely phenomenal on one of the best players in the entire country. Very very big win

Reactions: tyler90wm
Todays crowd was 5,307 and I’d say there were nearly that many in the stands. Loudest I’ve heard that arena in a long time. Not just a big win for the ladies but the fans too - and the students rushing the court at the end!!!

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
Statement win! Once we pulled ahead, I kept expecting a Louisville run. But we thwarted every attempt they had. Great defense and a lil spit fire attitude. Not sure what happened but CB was ready to go at it. And at the end it was rewarding to see her break some ankles and buckle knees when she dribbled around triple teams, causing two defenders to fall to the floor when they couldn't handle her moves. Now let's build on this! Need to keep things rolling, starting with Memphis.

On a side note, I love how they are doing the 50 year Murphy Center stuff. But whomever is running the video board please slow down when they are revealing the top teams and moments. Just when you would start reading something it would switch to something else. Just seemed disorganized. Sorry to complain on what was otherwise a great game experience. Enjoyed the atmosphere and hope we see more of it.

Statement win! Once we pulled ahead, I kept expecting a Louisville run. But we thwarted every attempt they had. Great defense and a lil spit fire attitude. Not sure what happened but CB was ready to go at it. And at the end it was rewarding to see her break some ankles and buckle knees when she dribbled around triple teams, causing two defenders to fall to the floor when they couldn't handle her moves. Now let's build on this! Need to keep things rolling, starting with Memphis.

On a side note, I love how they are doing the 50 year Murphy Center stuff. But whomever is running the video board please slow down when they are revealing the top teams and moments. Just when you would start reading something it would switch to something else. Just seemed disorganized. Sorry to complain on what was otherwise a great game experience. Enjoyed the atmosphere and hope we see more of it.
Your words beat me to the punch. Just got to watch & finish game. Never remember seeing a guard here dropping opposing players to floor multiple times, Blakeney can handle ball like a Globetrotter. Love watching Blakeney & Wheeler on floor at same time. The Card's full court press had zero effect, & we broke it easily multiple times. Really glad to see Wheeler get her shooting eye back. Hope they can use this as launching pad for rest of year.

I thought this team might be one of our best in a long time, and they sure do look like they could be so far this year. We have a huge test coming up against Rice on 12/20 on the road, they are very good as well. Memphis first though coming up this Saturday - hope we have some fans who make the trip!

This win should look good in March when it comes to selecting ncaa tournament teams. Expected the Cards to make a run at us but it never came,. Not sure they are a top 20 team but maybe we can be one by the end of the year? the glass house is a fun place to watch a game when we can put 5k or more in the place. The support from our hometown newspaper and our community is an embarrassment!

Last edited:
Just wanted to add a comment about the officiating. Very little went MT's way when a ref blew a whistle. I was particularly irritated with the contact that Louisville got away with. No calls or calls going the other way, charges instead of blocks, and the capper was the double technical on Carr and Blakely. Carr had deliberately stepped over Wheeler when she was down on the court and pushed Malashka, and far as I can tell Blakely stepped towards that action but didn't retaliate. Carr was the offending party. There was no need to step over Wheeler. I got the impression I wasn't watching an officiating crew, but three additional members of the Cardinal travel squad.

WE'RE BACK! The Raiders have received a vote in this week's AP Top 25!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT