ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ Ole Miss (ESPN+), 6:30PM, Wednesday, December 15, 2021

17 turnovers and we only got to the foul line 6 times against a Kermit Davis coached team.

17 turnovers to their 8. 18 fouls to their 9. Not going to win with those numbers.

McDevitt cant seem to get a shooter. Even the players he inherited (Sims) became a worse shooter than he was under Kermit.
his name is jalen Jordan. And he is of course out with a season ending injury

Jefferson was supposed to be a shooter. But that clearly hasn’t panned out

Jalen Jordan and Coleman-Jones were big losses. 8-3 probably is 9-2 or 10-1 with those two.

This could be a year like the many we had in the Sun Belt where we were oh so close but lacking a trusted shooter on the team to come in clutch when your hitting that bad from the field. Signs of brilliance with some of the run plays. Then boneheaded turnovers and heaving up 3 pointers 5 feet from the 3 point line.

Reactions: ewglenn
Lol. I dunno. His game in the cusa tournament where we bowed out against souther miss was rough. When from giddy to sh!tty Potts.
Giddy actually didn’t play well in either NCAA tournament second round game.

Don’t forget he scored zero points against Butler in the NCAA tournament after beating Minnesota. If he had just scored his average it was off to the Sweet 16 in Memphis.
After the appalling end to the 2018 season I tend to forget the 2nd round game of 2017. MT has been in more 1st round games than many schools and has won 4 first round games, IIRC, but has never advanced further. After I became a fan with high hopes for MT men's BkB, primarily because of the OVC's NCAA success culminating in WKU's final 4 appearance, it has been my dream for a true NCAA run for the Blue Raiders. With all the changes to college BkB that I have witnessed I long ago gave up on my dream for a Final 4 (virtually impossible for a %$&-major in today's climate) but still had hope for making it to the 2nd weekend.
The game against Butler was our best and the last chance to win a 2nd round game we will see, baring a true miracle.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
Giddy and Reggie were better on their worst days than any player CNM has had on his team with their best effort.

Giddy and Reggie were better on their worst days than any player CNM has had on his team with their best effort.
But not better than at least 2 guys that CNM recruited and landed at Avl.. it only took Kermit a decade to get those types of players right? Despite the dismal record CNMs still landing good talent- this group is starting to figure some things out & they’re moving in the right direction in case you haven’t noticed.

Obviously they were really good players, but you know this isn’t true. We have good players. I obviously think Giddy and Reggie are better than who we have, but what you said is just ridiculous.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT